All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Emerald and Ruby Weapon are friggin long without summons, but it can be done.

For FFX, having zombie immune makes the battle against Yunalesca and Seymour on Mt. Gagazet far easier. The fights are incredibly more annoying without that (without mentioning they take ages to end), but not impossible.

And Faust, the secret boss of Legend of Dragoon is probably the toughest boss in that game. The others weren't all that bad, but i did have to use quite a few items for some of them.

Hardest boss? Which system?

GC: Meta-Ridley from Metroid Prime. I broke a controller while fighting that dirty so and so.

PS2: Duragon from "The Bouncer" on the third fight. No energy, and can't use the Trinity Rush. 'nuff said.

XB: Once I get a few more Xbox games under my belt, I'll get back to you.

And from the old school generation, I'd definetly say it would be Death from the original Castlevania by far, because I could never get to him with the Ax!

GC: Meta-Ridley from Metroid Prime. I broke a controller while fighting that dirty so and so.

Really?

Cause...like...it's not actually that hard. Even on hard mode. You just have to know the tricks.

Don't fire missiles (or super missiles) at him while he's flying, but just use charged shots. Just before he lands on the platform, turn into the spiderball and drop a super bomb...it burns his wings off as he lands ,takes him down to 1/3 health in one hit and automatically starts stage 2 of the fight.

And when he's charging at you during the second phase, just use the side-dash bug and there'll be no problem. It also helps to use the wavebuster instead of super missiles at this point on account of how the wavebuster tends to keep firing at him when he goes back down on all fours.

Hah. I laugh at those who did not steam through every FFX boss beyond The Calm Lands by either bombarding them constantly with Aeon overdrives or simply using Trio of 9999. Yunalesca, Seymour and everything (in the main story) will fall to this, zero difficulty.

First boss of Ninja Gaiden (Xbox version). Not hard in the long run but you arrive completely unprepared for him, particularly if it's your first time playing.

Not really. I beat him first try, you just have to pay attention to his pattern. A much harder boss from that game would be Alma (Very Hard), who is a bitch to beat.

Really?

Cause...like...it's not actually that hard. Even on hard mode. You just have to know the tricks.

Don't fire missiles (or super missiles) at him while he's flying, but just use charged shots. Just before he lands on the platform, turn into the spiderball and drop a super bomb...it burns his wings off as he lands ,takes him down to 1/3 health in one hit and automatically starts stage 2 of the fight.

And when he's charging at you during the second phase, just use the side-dash bug and there'll be no problem. It also helps to use the wavebuster instead of super missiles at this point on account of how the wavebuster tends to keep firing at him when he goes back down on all fours.

Meh, I prefer to just hammer at him with charges and super missiles. I think it was intended to be pretty hard, so I don't want to just kill him like that.

...Hardest boss for me is Deadbeard.

Ah, Deadbeard (Golden Sun)

I fought this guy twice over my history of gaming. The first time the battle simply was a Very Long sequence of doing damage and staying healed. I had to use my Psy Crystals, which I didn't want to use, but I figured what the hell.

The Second time, more recently, I absolutely kicked his ass. I don't know why, but I guess I just busted out with all the right summons and attacks. For instance, I knew that time that he was strong against Water, so I didn't use Mia to attack at ALL, she was 100% healer/assist. He's weak against Earth, so Isaac was particularly valuable. Many earth summons and whatnot.

I ended up accidentally killing him with the overkill method. I used the Sap djinni on him and was intending to build up another summon, but he just turned multi-colored and gave me 20% more exp and gold. It was awesome.

...Hardest boss for me is Deadbeard.

Ah, Deadbeard (Golden Sun)

I still think Dulahan is THE bastard, i remember the only way i beat him was putting ALL my djinni on standby and had the 4 characters of GS go first and summon, then after they all died finished off with the GS2 characters summoning. I know it was cheap, but i was desperate.

I'm afraid I never got that far in Golden Sun 2. I beat it, of course, but I never finished all the sidequesting.

I really oughtta go finish that game sometime.

-

I remember seeing-

Dr Wily - MegaMan 8

It's a mystery to me how you're even supposed to inflict damage on him...

I'm afraid I never got that far in Golden Sun 2. I beat it, of course, but I never finished all the sidequesting.

I really oughtta go finish that game sometime.

-

I remember seeing-

Dr Wily - MegaMan 8

It's a mystery to me how you're even supposed to inflict damage on him...

aw man....i HATED him.....i think ur supposed to.......aw crap i forgot, thanks now im gonna hafta play the game over again>< lol.

How has this thread survived for THREE YEARS?

MAGIC!

Ironic how the one with the Vivi aviator and picture signature stated that.

Actually, that would be the opposite of ironic: fitting.

Hey! you know what I ment.. It's all good. It was noticable.

This thread is the all time hardest boss, IMO :lol::wink: .

I don't see why people are still posting because I alraedy said who the hardest boss in Video game history is. :P

I laughed so hard when I read about that boss! I have no idea of the game but just reading about it...lol "mexican guy in poncho with six shooter!" LOL! :lol: