All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

MY hardest boss would probably be the Time devourer from Chrono Cross. Even with the help of the chrono trigger, he just flicked me around like a rag doll. The battle lasted for 6 hours. Then i finally killed him with a summoning element Unicorn. I kicked his ass bad .

MY hardest boss would probably be the Time devourer from Chrono Cross. Even with the help of the chrono trigger, he just flicked me around like a rag doll. The battle lasted for 6 hours. Then i finally killed him with a summoning element Unicorn. I kicked his ass bad .

I actually beat this guy on my first try.

I was crazy with the weapon ungrades and stuff though.

A friend of mine would probably put his vote in for DeRose from RoboTrek. It's probably the only video game he hasn't beat because of DeRose. Of course, that was 10 years ago. He may be able to beat her now.

As for my vote, it would have to go to Ozma from FFIX. I tried everything to beat it and couldn't. I then watched the friend mentioned above take my file and beat Ozma practically with his eyes closed. If that didn't add insult to injury...

I think that the bosses difficulty depends on the person.

Generally bosses arn't that hard for me and it's the endurance I have problems with. I never like to heal anyone. I find it a waste when I am low on cash... so I usually die on the way.

Leave it to Princess to generalize and bring closure to a discussion, rendering the topic more or less invalid.

Cheers Princess :D

WOOHOO STILL POSTING!! :twisted:

Heh I just found this forum decided to comment off Castlevania SoTN page 3 or 4 methinks..

Crisaegrim is better than any other wep or combo in game its pure damage.

Makes Drac so easy I wupped him in 90 seconds....

Ok tks for having my off-topic rant.

dont hurt teh n00b!

I remember seeing-

Dr Wily - MegaMan 8

You sure? Don't remember having trouble with him, IMO he was waaaaay harder than in MM7....Maybe if you could tell us what you're having trouble with...

I'm pretty sure, especially since I've never played Megaman 7. I wasn't the one having trouble. It was my friend I was watching some years back. He tried several times, and couldn't land a hit on the bastard.

...there's always the ever-lovin www.gamefaqs.com :wink:

I know this. I have seen the light.

In times of great need, gamers knew defeat, and gamers united.

And gamers said "Let there be GameFAQs."

And thus was this.

And they saw that it was good, and gamers rejoiced.

:D

I don't really think it's fair to call one boss the all time hardest. It's all relative to the person or to the times. Ristar was once the hardest game ever to me.

But I guess I'll give it a shot... Leaving out RPG bosses, I'd have to say Solidus Snake from MGS2: Substance, while playing as snake in the snake missions. It's really really hard without the sword I think. Took me a while to beat it. I enjoyed it, unlike fighting him as Raiden. Raiden Sucks.

I don't know why I didn't remember this before, but some guys in FFT were really nutty.

Elmdor - Final Fantasy Tactics

The most unfair dude I had yet to encounter. He supposedly had abilities he didn't even use in the game. Fortunately I made up a small FAQ that turned him into a wuss.

I eventually got it just right to completely dominate that battle, steal everything from him easily, and make him harmless.

But for anyone who doesn't know what they're getting into, and playing the game like an average gamer...Yes. He is the devil. And in that sense, so are

Weigraff and Gafgarion

• 2 weeks later...

You know, in a different thread I was mentioning how well I was doing in Doom 3 on the Nightmare difficulty. I also said I was waiting for something to come along and hand me my ass after kicking the spider chick's butt. Well, that very thing just happened.

I won't say who or what the game's second boss is, just incase someone hasn't played it yet or gotten that far. However, I will say this... it is damn hard when you only have 100 health that dwindles by 5 every few seconds. There's only one real weapon at the boss' disposal, but all it takes is a single hit from it to kill you. Even a tendril from the BFG shot kills you in two or three hits as it goes by when you play on Nightmare. And standing around those massive electrodes was a near instant death before... now it is instant death.

I know it's a simple pattern, but trying to not get hit even once is proving to be pretty hard. I'm pumping rounds into him, trying to duck behind things, setting up shots to try and hit the BFG blast the moment it appears... it's all not working. I'm pretty sure you can kill the boss without using the BFG shot technique, but it takes a while... and lasting that while has thus far eluded me. Hell, lasting more than ten seconds has eluded me :lol:

You know, in a different thread I was mentioning how well I was doing in Doom 3 on the Nightmare difficulty. I also said I was waiting for something to come along and hand me my ass after kicking the spider chick's butt. Well, that very thing just happened.

I won't say who or what the game's second boss is, just incase someone hasn't played it yet or gotten that far. However, I will say this... it is damn hard when you only have 100 health that dwindles by 5 every few seconds. There's only one real weapon at the boss' disposal, but all it takes is a single hit from it to kill you. Even a tendril from the BFG shot kills you in two or three hits as it goes by when you play on Nightmare. And standing around those massive electrodes was a near instant death before... now it is instant death.

I know it's a simple pattern, but trying to not get hit even once is proving to be pretty hard. I'm pumping rounds into him, trying to duck behind things, setting up shots to try and hit the BFG blast the moment it appears... it's all not working. I'm pretty sure you can kill the boss without using the BFG shot technique, but it takes a while... and lasting that while has thus far eluded me. Hell, lasting more than ten seconds has eluded me :lol:

Soul cube.

He was rather easy for me on Nightmare. I just waited for the first BFG shot to go off, then fired the Soul Cube at the same time he fired the BFG. Also, the Chaingun seems to be the most effective weapon against him, even though you've got more powerful stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Gave the Soulcube a try. I'm so used to not using it until the end (never needed it in the "Veteran" setting). Finally beat him, and blew through the rest of the game without it. Damned demons.

Anyway, I was on a Capcom kick the other night, and was playing U.N. Squadron. I was having fun and doing rather well... until the second to last stage.

Anyone whose played this game knows the boss I'm talking about. On the ground, there's a pair of conveyer belts that bring flame throwing machines and S.A.M launchers from both sides of the screen. Above you, is the actual boss. The thing is, it's shielded from all attacks except for those which come up from below. This mean to have to use weapons that fire upwards to do any amount of damage.

How many swear words did I use? Many. I had gun pods, ceiling missiles, super bombs... I even had the best plane by then so I could have extra amounts of all these weapons. But even though the battle starts off pretty easy, as you damage the boss, more and more of those flame throwers and S.A.M. launchers come onto the screen. Then the boss starts shooting flames downward, and everything gets rather hectic.

I can't tell you how many times I got the little blue orb to turn red before getting blown up. I used every ceiling missile, both super bombs, the gun pods... this thing wouldn't die. Hell, the final boss isn't as much of a pain in the ass and this ceiling crawler boss.

Reminded me of the Gradius series. The bosses get harder and harder until you reach the final one... which is then simple as hell to beat. Granted, I did eventually get by this boss solely for the principle of it, but damn...

Anyway, I was on a Capcom kick the other night, and was playing U.N. Squadron. I was having fun and doing rather well... until the second to last stage.

Anyone whose played this game knows the boss I'm talking about. On the ground, there's a pair of conveyer belts that bring flame throwing machines and S.A.M launchers from both sides of the screen. Above you, is the actual boss. The thing is, it's shielded from all attacks except for those which come up from below. This mean to have to use weapons that fire upwards to do any amount of damage.

How many swear words did I use? Many. I had gun pods, ceiling missiles, super bombs... I even had the best plane by then so I could have extra amounts of all these weapons. But even though the battle starts off pretty easy, as you damage the boss, more and more of those flame throwers and S.A.M. launchers come onto the screen. Then the boss starts shooting flames downward, and everything gets rather hectic.

I can't tell you how many times I got the little blue orb to turn red before getting blown up. I used every ceiling missile, both super bombs, the gun pods... this thing wouldn't die. Hell, the final boss isn't as much of a pain in the ass and this ceiling crawler boss.

Reminded me of the Gradius series. The bosses get harder and harder until you reach the final one... which is then simple as hell to beat. Granted, I did eventually get by this boss solely for the principle of it, but damn...

I agree wholeheartedly. That boss was a major pain and/or impossible if you didn't have the proper equipment at that point or used it during the level.

The "Hell" level at the end of Doukutsu Monogatari (did I spell that right?). Hard stuff. I'm sure there was a boss in there somewhere, but I couldn't even get to it. =[

The "Weapons" from FF7. Obligatory. The desert and underwater ones. Ugh.

I also remember fighting a boss from FFX-2 for about an hour and a half straight. Wasn't really hard, just tedious. Honestly, though, I'd rarely consider RPG bosses 'hard'. Hard should be reserved for those bosses that require inhuman reflexes and skill, not simply gaining more levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Indalicio, sans Limiter. If you don't know about the limiter, then break out your old copy of Star Ocean Two with your Mastered save, hike back to Central City, and start a personal action. Look around. After the scene with Filia, I think her name was, the final boss gets roughly twenty times harder.

I've found one refrence to someone beating this form of the boss, apparently with all characters in excess of level 215.

Hardest, Most Frustrating & WORST GAME ENDING... was for me, Skies of Arcadia...

I played that game, loved it.. but then came the end.. and it was so disatisfying.. it just ended, right when things were picking up pretty nicely.

Unfortunately there were like a hundred millions mini bosses before the actual boss (no save point before the real boss) and then there were so many bosses.. it just sucked.. I died so many times... apparently wasn't leet enough to face him..

when i finally beat him, it just ended. i hate that game now.

Has anybody ever heard of Takeshi no Chousenjou? Apparently the last boss has to be hit 10,000 times to be killed or something?

Oh, and the game opens with the line "This was made by a man who hates video games."

I think that was the article I read about it...made by God-among-men Beat Takeshi.

or somethin'...I'm probably drunk again...

Here are a few: Mike Tyson on Punch Out, Jacquio from Ninja Gaiden, and the final dragon boss from Karnov.

Jacquio was a sumbitch, but I ignored him mostly because he was flatly impossible, in typical NES fashion. Karnov I wasn't too put out by, however.