All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Descent 2 and 3 final bosses. In D2, you could only hurt it on a tiny spot on its back, which of course was impossible to get to because everytime you went for it, the boss would turn to face you, perfectly putting the rest of its non-destroyable body in the way.

In D3, it fires twelve frag missles at once, then switches to a laser that can cut through the walls of the level. Then it fires homing missles, then uss micro black-hole generator to suck you in close and kill you in one shot.

Ozma, from FF9, is a real pain, that I can say. He may just be a ball that looks like it been bathed with 100 kinds of paint buckets, but if you make him angry, like standing in front oh him/her, he either puts some real bad fog on you, makes a giant flare or drops an asteroid in your petit videocharacter head.

Now there´s a nasty guy!

Hmm...can't think of any game in quite a while that actually got me frustrated....haven't beat ninja gaiden yet, its sorta hard but I think its due either to the super loose controls, my ability to not be able to adjust to the xbox controller, or the fact im not that entertained by it....the only person who gave me trouble for more than a few days was Vergil on Dante must die mode on DMC 3; nothing says fun like trying to cut down a boss with quick as hell health regen at 50 percent, had to max out those things that give you maximum health and max devil trigger, which also took hours upon hours of getting orbs....also a few bosses and areas on the way to him as well it was extremly fun to fight him though, it felt good finally beating him and breezing thought the rediculous heaven or hell mode - I remeber hearing every game reviewer on the net complaining on how this is the hardest game in recent times...and that was just on the normal difficulty setting...

In general, I don't think you can discuss difficult bosses until you've played the SaGa series.

Dude, Fook bosses...I died to very first encounter in Saga Frontier 2.

There are a few games where this has happened...The Aforementioned Takeshi no Chousenjou and Saga 2, and something else with escapes me at the moment...

Oh, the first enemy in Sonic Advance when playing with Amy...

In general, I don't think you can discuss difficult bosses until you've played the SaGa series.

Dude, Fook bosses...I died to very first encounter in Saga Frontier 2.

There are a few games where this has happened...The Aforementioned Takeshi no Chousenjou and Saga 2, and something else with escapes me at the moment...

Oh, the first enemy in Sonic Advance when playing with Amy...

Saga Frontier 2? Ha. You call that hard? I laugh heartily at you, sucka.

I am the hardest boss.

You have a drinking problem, don't I?

This thread answers itself.

Also, Ozma was easy.

Probably fair enough, he could be beaten if you had big level characters that in some way could strike 9999, and after around like 37 tries, I finally got that dude. And I did it before Terra, my brothers did it, so to not to be pointed out, I had to to it too of course.

But I was wrong, Emerald and Ruby weapon from FF7 are the hardest or at least one of the hardest bosses ever. Okay, not Emerald, but surely Ruby.

Yeah, I didn't think Ozma was too difficult. Nor was Metroid Prime. Conker's Bad Fur Day was damn hard but, I don't remember the bosses... Sephiroth was hard wasn't he? Maybe just because I sucked at FF7. That ball-thing at the end of Ikaruga is certainly the craziest boss. Yeah, I'm gonna vote for Ikaruga. All those bosses are insane.

Ozma, from FF9, is a real pain, that I can say. He may just be a ball that looks like it been bathed with 100 kinds of paint buckets, but if you make him angry, like standing in front oh him/her, he either puts some real bad fog on you, makes a giant flare or drops an asteroid in your petit videocharacter head.

Now there´s a nasty guy!

You just drain his mp. With Queina. Yeah.

Now there´s a nasty guy!

You just drain his mp. With Queina. Yeah.

I tried that, it was never ending. I think, or maybe I wasn´t patient. Meh, I took the hard way. I kicked his ass.

Or just wear armor that absorbs Doomsday/Anything of a Dark Element...

It just makes things hilarious that way...

Like egoist armlet. Some of my guys had that. Or maybe everyone, it´s quite easy that way.

My use of characters were Zidane, Freya, Eiko and Quina.

I seem to remember a few battles in Shining Force being incredibly hard when I was in 5th grade. The circus and mountain laser beam battle are the two I recall taking a long long while.

I think the circus ended up being easier though

I still to this day have not beat Shining Force 1 or 2. I must have rented SF2 for at least 3 weeks. I could never figure out what to do after you got lemon. you had to get mithril weapons I think, but could never figure out where the damn dwarves were. thanks to gamefaqs I have an idea now, but refuse to sit through those long ass battles again.

Any Boss in "God of War" when it's on God Mode.Its not only the bosses,its the little guys,too.I ran outside of my house and started yelling at the fist person I saw about how "Litte green dogs who vomet other little green dogs can suck my mother :::Explicit:::ing :::Explicit:::".

I'm still not aloud in that park anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, a while back I mentioned the green boss in MegaMan Zero... Harpuia I believe. Yes, it took me a retardedly long time, but I did eventually get past him/her. I was proud of myself, and that proudness lasted right up until I reached the final boss in that game.

Since I know not everyone has played it, I won't ruin anything and mention the boss' name. However, I was stuck on this boss for weeks. Nothing I did seemed to really give me an edge. Oh sure, after a few days, I figured out why I was doing no damage whatsoever, but even after that, it didn't matter. I was usually lucky just to get the boss half dead.

Besides being a pain in the traditional MegaMan sense (fighting every level boss again in sequence), this final boss has two forms. The first form, has this boss in a rather familiar state, with every weapon and the best armor from a piece of his past (you'll understand what I mean if you've fought him). He zips all over the place on the ground and in the air, sends varying types of long range attacks at you, and is just generally a pest. It took a good number of tries, but I eventually found a way to get past him without too much trouble. That's when I hit his second form.

This, was a pain in the ass. The edges of the stage are taken out, so you can fall to your death if you're not careful. You can only damage his head, and the only way to reach his head is to do the old wall jump technique. There are no actual walls though. Instead, what you have are two hovering blocks with spikes on their tops and bottoms, and these blocks drift up and down opposite each other (when one's going up, the other's going down). Now, add in the several attacks the boss has. These consist of ringed lasers that come at where you're standing (and pin you in place if they touch you), a double shot of 360 degree laser beams, and a laser that sets the entire ground you're standing on, on fire. To this, you add in the fact that as you damage him, he starts attacking faster and with a greater number of shots for the ring laser.

I announced it in the AIMMS thread in UnMod when I finally beat the bastard. I've owned MegaMan Zero for over a year, and while I haven't played it everyday, I've played it pretty regularly. Harpuia was embarrassing enough, but to then get stuck on another boss in the same game for a good while... well, that's just mean :lol:

I never was all that great at the MegaMan games. I'm decent on the original games, but the "X" series and the "Zero" series... well...

This, was a pain in the ass. The edges of the stage are taken out, so you can fall to your death if you're not careful. You can only damage his head, and the only way to reach his head is to do the old wall jump technique. There are no actual walls though. Instead, what you have are two hovering blocks with spikes on their tops and bottoms, and these blocks drift up and down opposite each other (when one's going up, the other's going down). Now, add in the several attacks the boss has. These consist of ringed lasers that come at where you're standing (and pin you in place if they touch you), a double shot of 360 degree laser beams, and a laser that sets the entire ground you're standing on, on fire. To this, you add in the fact that as you damage him, he starts attacking faster and with a greater number of shots for the ring laser.

I have only played the first 6 games of Megaman, so I can´t really fully understand your pain in the ass, but of the look of your description, he really does sound like a pain in the ass, so I say congratulations for giving him a pain in the ass.