All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

I just bought Guilty Gear X2 #Reload and I-No at the end of arcade mode is a real bitch for people just getting into the GG series. Probably the hardest fighting game boss I personally have ever fought. In story mode, though, she's a breeze.

Oh, and I got the hell smashed out of me in the first encounter in Saga Frontier 2 also.

The Zero series is very fun, yet brutally hard in an old-school way. It will make most modern gamers cry. :)

That being said, I honestly suck at the game, though I've been gaming since 1986 or so when I owned an Atari 2600. I'm looking forward to Capcom's upcoming Mega Man X Collection.

The Zero series is very fun, yet brutally hard in an old-school way. It will make most modern gamers cry. :)

Trust me, it does :)

That said ... MMZ3 is strangely easy .... I mean, sure, the last boss is, like in MMZ, a nice surprise, but when you consider who you're fighting against .... it seems too easy.

Bummerdude - very much a pain in the arse. You'd understand why if you knew who that final boss was. And you really should try the X series of MegaMan games - after 3, the NES ones were all pretty much the same over and over.

That said, I'm considering getting X8 for PC.

Bummerdude - very much a pain in the arse. You'd understand why if you knew who that final boss was. And you really should try the X series of MegaMan games - after 3, the NES ones were all pretty much the same over and over.

That would be quite possible, the console for the X-series is Playstation right? I have a PS2, so that would work out.

You know, I had MMX 4-6 for the PSX then had to sell them, but the upcoming Mega Man X Collection makes me feel less bad about that. :)

The Mega Man series has always relied on formula. I really enjoy the style of detailed anime-style stills for the cut-scenes in the PSX MMX games. I've haven't tried the MMX PS2 games and want to try them out, despite their less than stellar reputations.

I did enjoy the Mega Man Legends series though, although the Misadventures of Tron Bonne spin-off was arguably more fun.

Jecht from Final Fantasy X. Took me something like 3 weeks worth of leveling up to finally beat the douche bag.

I did also has some trouble with him, but that was before I knew how to get attack reels. But the most disappointing thing with the final boss of FFX is that it SO MUCH EASIER than Jecht. You have autolife on you the whole time, it´s impossible to lose.

Wait a minute, was that a spoiler?

By now, i doubt. It's been mentioned before quite a few times, if i remember well. And probably in the "All Time Easiest Boss" thread too.

actually i was just about to get there, you see, i've never played FFX before. so yeah...you ruined it. thx.

j/k it's not ruined, but yeah im almost done beating it for the first time, thx for the tip.

By now, i doubt. It's been mentioned before quite a few times, if i remember well. And probably in the "All Time Easiest Boss" thread too.

actually i was just about to get there, you see, i've never played FFX before. so yeah...you ruined it. thx.

j/k it's not ruined, but yeah im almost done beating it for the first time, thx for the tip.

Man, even if it did spoil it for you, you should beat it anyways. I thought that was the best FF game out there. FF X-2 on the other hand sucks. I got 7 hours into it and was embarresed by how bad it was.

j/k it's not ruined, but yeah im almost done beating it for the first time, thx for the tip. <--

Man, even if it did spoil it for you, you should beat it anyways. I thought that was the best FF game out there. FF X-2 on the other hand sucks. I got 7 hours into it and was embarresed by how bad it was.

notice final comment, i am still playing it.

I'd have to say the hardest boss I'v ever played was that one boss from Phalanx,the last boss. I never got past him, and most people never even got that far. His attacks were litterally impossible to dodge,or get an attack on him. Was tottaly gay, I ended up getting it on zsens,and playing him in slow-mo.

Don´t remind me of their exciting dance in Kilika, brrrr.

The cyclops in mega man 1, from one of the wily stages.

He came back in an easier form in mega man 3. Easier primarily because you could slide in MM3, and that you had a more damaging weapon (Hard knuckle).

Wily in mega man 7.

Sigma in mega man X4 when you're zero. Just because of when he does the attack where you see a big face .. hard to hit him with a melee attack without getting hit yourself.

Funny, to me Atma Weapon in FF6 was a pushover. Didn't drain his MP either (only used osmose when I got low).

"Great challenges you can overcome, yes you can. But many game bosses whoop your ass, yes? Well it's not my fault you don't listen!"

Ok, the toughest girl boss battle would be... Lenus, from "Legend of Dragoon" for the PS1. I still havent't whooped her wingly butt yet!

Toughest guy boss, Vergil from DMC3. I sware, i just beat him this week, and it took me 8 TRYS! 8 FU**ING TRYS! God, i hate his attacks!

But the hardest creature boss, well that goes too...Ultima Wepon of FF8, he's very tough, and i still havent whooped his ass, i'm so weak!

"Great challenges you can overcome, yes you can. But many game bosses whoop your ass, yes? Well it's not my fault you don't listen!"

Ok, the toughest girl boss battle would be...Lenus, from "Legend of Dragoon" for the PS1. I still haven't whooped her wingly butt yet!

Toughest guy boss, Vergil from DMC3. I swear, I just beat him this week, and it took me 8 TRYS! 8 FUCKING TRYS! God, I hate his attacks!

But the hardest creature boss, well that goes to...Ultima Wepon of FF8. He's very tough, and I still haven't whooped his ass. I'm so weak!

Fixed. Learn to type.

Nah, it didn't bother me that much. I just felt like being a bitch about it.

Long time since I posted here (thread/GenDisc)...

I don't know if it has been said, I don't know if it's close (but I'm posting it anyway).

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Mutated Emperor Ing. Hard Mode. (Helps that I did not remember to use the Annihilator). He kicked my butt time and time again. After beating the previous two E.Ing incarnations with no problem, I would get this dude down to half life and die. Max missiles, max beam ammo, max Energy tanks. Basically, I had completed the file on hard for 100% complete save for beating this dude (and what follows).

:oops: Then I remembered the Annihilator Beam/Sonic Blast and I beat him after a couple tries. :oops:

I´m currently playing Zelda:Oracle of Ages, and many bosses are just UUNNNNGAH!, but I have beated them in next, third or first time. I made one this morning, was nearly beaten before I knew how to do. It was the one in the....I don´t know what it´s called, but the fifth temple.

Does it/should it count as a boss character if...oh, say you are playing Street Fighter III: Third Stike on Xbox Live, and you have a match against a top ten ranked player (out of 40K registered players, from what I understand)? Do they HAVE to play GILL (the normal boss character from arcade mode)? A lot of the people I play online are a lot harder than the original boss character.

I guess what I am saying here, should anyone pay attention, is that online gamers sometimes seem harder than the BOSS counterparts of the very games being referenced. Anyones feelings, here?!