All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Bah, hardest Lavos fight is starting a fresh game then warping straight to him from millenial fair. :lol:

You can't.

In New Game+, you can touch a shining sparkle in one of Luca´s telepods, and you will then stand in front of Lavos, alone or with the girl depending if you walk in there before or after the girl has been teleported to the past.

I'm still holding it was the Shadow Link for the end of Adventures of Link. for 4 reasons!

1) That last castle is so freaking long, it drains you of what you've got anyways

2) That odd flying boss you have to fight right BEFORE shadow link is tough in his own right

3) The trick that works to kill a lot of the armos knights (jumping at them and then thrusting your sworf forward while coming back down to cut right through their shield) doesn't work too well on shadow Link

4) and if all that wasnt bad enough, you have some jerk-ass wizard laughing at you the whole fight.

Bah' date=' hardest Lavos fight is starting a fresh game then warping straight to him from millenial fair. :lol:[/quote']

You can't.

Unless you create a new game, use new game plus and use that save as the original save.

Maybe that's what I ended up doing. Been so long I can't remember. All I know is I saw a little shiny thing on the ground, walked over to it, and next thing I know I'm fighting Lavos with no gear and my lvl below double digits.

Bah' date=' hardest Lavos fight is starting a fresh game then warping straight to him from millenial fair. :lol:[/quote']

You can't.

Unless you create a new game, use new game plus and use that save as the original save.

Maybe that's what I ended up doing. Been so long I can't remember. All I know is I saw a little shiny thing on the ground, walked over to it, and next thing I know I'm fighting Lavos with no gear and my lvl below double digits.

wuss. zeality would have one.

You can't.

I coulda took him

You can't.

I coulda took him

Zeality has never finish Chrono trigger BTW. :roll:

You can't.

I coulda took him

Zeality has never finish Chrono trigger BTW. :roll:

no u

I had a problem with Inhert from Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. The thing would 0 Shift out of the way before I could land a hit, and after I did enough damage to it, the second half of the fight where you fight him in the dark had to be the most frustrating part of the whole game. I can't tell you how long it took me to beat the thing after having to continue so many times.

Bah, hardest Lavos fight is starting a fresh game then warping straight to him from millenial fair. :lol:

You can't.

In New Game+, you can touch a shining sparkle in one of Luca´s telepods, and you will then stand in front of Lavos, alone or with the girl depending if you walk in there before or after the girl has been teleported to the past.

New Game + is not a fresh game.

Even so, if you beat it at a low level and THEN try to kill lavos with 1 or 2 people...holy cow.

You can't.

I am aware of this. I have used the new game + to continue with old gear, lvl, etc. before. The encounter I described was not done on a new game+ file.

You can't.

I am aware of this. I have used the new game + to continue with old gear, lvl, etc. before. The encounter I described was not done on a new game+ file.

The warp to Lavos from the Millenial Fair does not exist in a normal new game.

This is entirely possible since it's been ages since I played, though i could have sworn I did it w/o newgame+ :? . I'll have to track down a ROM and doublecheck. If my memory is indeed playing tricks on me, then thanks for the correction.

IM stil trying to beat the pain in the ass that's Ozma in Final fantasy IX. I just seems no matter what I do he beats me right when I get him to less than a fourth of it's health.

Yeah, I been there bro. Have some Egoist armlets to shield off his Doomsday, and make sure to have so many characters that can strike it with 9999 damage. And one person to cure.

Annoying as >cencur<. But I got it before Terra.

IM stil trying to beat the pain in the ass that's Ozma in Final fantasy IX. I just seems no matter what I do he beats me right when I get him to less than a fourth of it's health.

Yeah, I been there bro. Have some Egoist armlets to shield off his Doomsday, and make sure to have so many characters that can strike it with 9999 damage. And one person to cure.

Annoying as >cencur<. But I got it before Terra.

Thanks for the tips.

Not the "hardest of all time", maybe, but in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door the Pit of 100 Trials is hard by itself - and THEN you have to fight that massive dragon at the bottom. Takes about two and a half hours to get there, only to be killed in the first turn by that damn thing.

(For me, anyway.)

Tips from anyone who has beaten it on what I should do? Any badges that might help?

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a break from my finals work, I was sitting down and playing some shmups (they're good for quick game playing sessions while you wait for something to render). I popped in a game called Wings of Wor. It's a rather odd shmup, in that most of the bosses are large, ugly, and at times a bit disgusting looking bio-masses with heads. Some are tough, some are pretty easy. But there are two in this game that are quite nasty... and not because they look like mounds of guts. For now though, I'll focus on the boss for Stage 4.

I don't know this thing's name. In truth, I'm not sure it was given one... even in the instructions manual. What I do know is that it's ugly, and it has a series of rather mean spirited attacks. The first one is that it attacks you with what look like red blood cells. They drift pretty slowly, with some coming up from the bottom, and some coming down from above. They're indestructible, and they become more numerous as you damage this thing. But as these things drift about, it unleashes what's both an attack, and the only time you can hurt him.

This mass of corpse-like flesh, hurls it's heart around the screen. That heart is the only spot to hit him that'll do any degree of damage. It circles around the screen at a good clip, making it a hazard before it goes back behind the "body" so you can't hit it any more. It'll swing around in a steady pattern, but the problem comes from those damned red blood cells that have no real pattern. They come out steadily, and often you find yourself too busy dodging them to try and focus on hurting the heart.

All of this makes for a boss that can take forever to kill. And if you run out of guys, you have to try and beat him with considerably less power as, if I recall correctly, you get sent back to the beginning of the level (resulting in considerably less power the next time you get to the boss). It's just two attacks, but they add up to one big pain in the ass.

Haha, you posted the 2300th post in your own thread, Coop.

But anyway, I'm sure how you wanted this, but I always have trouble with Wily when I first played the MegaMan games. I'd do just fine on any of the regular levels and go through them in a day or two, then I get to Wily and *BOOM* I'm stuck on him for a week or so.

e:typos