All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Bah, hardest Lavos fight is starting a fresh game then warping straight to him from millenial fair. :lol:

You can't.

In New Game+, you can touch a shining sparkle in one of Luca´s telepods, and you will then stand in front of Lavos, alone or with the girl depending if you walk in there before or after the girl has been teleported to the past.

New Game + is not a fresh game.

I am aware of this. I have used the new game + to continue with old gear, lvl, etc. before. The encounter I described was not done on a new game+ file.

The warp to Lavos from the Millenial Fair does not exist in a normal new game.

This is entirely possible since it's been ages since I played, though i could have sworn I did it w/o newgame+ :? . I'll have to track down a ROM and doublecheck. If my memory is indeed playing tricks on me, then thanks for the correction.

He's right. Lavos can only be fought this way in New Game + mode. HOWEVER, you can create a "Fresh" file, save that to an empty slot as soon as you leave Crono's house, and then reset the game, and select New Game + on THAT data, giving you access to Lavos as base Crono.

Way off RPG's but for me the hardest bosses were:

Gill-Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Man this guy wouldnt let down! I mean I knew that Capcom made his AI so he can counter all attacks of a certain character, but thats not what made it difficult. It was his Resurrection and Seraphic Wing Super Arts that upset me...

Death-Castlevania

No real explaination, just plain difficult.

My older brothers has managed to kick Omega W eapon in FFVIII, that's sweet. It's one of the most wrecked, annoying and powerful bosses in all the games I've played. I just don't know why I haven´t mentioned it. Meh, someone already has I guess.

I donno. I actually found Ultima Weapon to be harder. Then again, they're both pretty easy if you have plenty of Holy Wars.

My older brothers has managed to kick Omega W eapon in FFVIII, that's sweet. It's one of the most wrecked, annoying and powerful bosses in all the games I've played. I just don't know why I haven´t mentioned it. Meh, someone already has I guess.

Convert your Laguna Card into 10 Holy Wars, invincibility for abour 3-5 rounds apiece, then just unleash your limit breaks on him! Easy Peasey!!!!

Hey, Coop, I posted on this thing, like last year sometime... I put in a couple I think...

If we go by number of times mentioned... can we declare a winner yet...?

I mean, which boss, out of all these mentioned here has been mentioned the most?!?!!? I think by this time we can count votes, can't we?!!? Which of you has the total lack of anything resembling life that you can read thru this really fuckin long thread and start making hash marks? Do I hear a volunteer..? :D

• 2 weeks later...

To continue my tale from earlier, Wings of Wor has a second boss in it that's a real pain in the ass. It's the end boss which, like so many of the game's other bosses, is a mass of flesh that's less than pleasant looking.

Its attack is very straight forward. It sits there, and ejects over two dozen of these little egg-like orbs that slowly drift towards you. As they move, they gain a bit of speed. If you dodge it, the thing comes back around and tries to hit you again. If you blow one up (which takes quite a few shots), it's instantly replaced. How's that for service?

To hurt this thing, you have to hit an eye that's in the center of an opening. The opening is narrow, which makes hitting it a pain already. But, with all the eggs floating around blocking shots, and the fact that the eye only opens for about two seconds before it closes again, this makes for a frustrating battle. There will be times where you don't hit the damn thing for a good minute or so, and even then it's just one or two hits. It's a not a battle so much as it is a dodging exercise. It also takes a decent number of hits before it dies, so you better sit down and get comfy, because this battle won't end quickly.

One of the few shmups that has bosses in it that just drive me up a wall.

Edit: Fixed typos.

Convert your Laguna Card into 10 Holy Wars, invincibility for abour 3-5 rounds apiece, then just unleash your limit breaks on him! Easy Peasey!!!!

Cheap. I beat both Weapons without Holy Wars or Hero Drinks. Hell, I missed almost every card, so I didn't have a choice; I never bother with the card games. Ultima Weapon isn't much harder than he was in VII. I recommend Squall, Zell, and Irvine for dealing with the Weapons.

What you need is the following:

The best weapons for every character

9999 HP on everyone

255 STR on Squall, 200+ for everyone else

100 Quick Ammo for Irvine

Megalixirs and Mega Phoenixes

A fuckton of Triple magic junctioned to everyone's Speed stat

At least one character possessing 900+ compatibility with Doomtrain

A different character possessing 900+ compatibility with Cerberus

Recover on as many characters as possible

Revive on someone other than your designated healer

100 Ultima junctioned to Elem-Def on as many characters as possible; you won't be casting it

Someone should have the Item command

Optional: Auto-Protect, Auto-Haste, Initiative, and similar abilities. It's also unlikely that you'll be able to get your characters to full HP and strength without equipping GF-based STR Plus and HP Plus abilities, so you'll probably end up equipping at least one auto-ability anyway.

Designate one guy as your medic; I used Zell. He should have Aura, Haste, Curaga, and Full-Life (and optionally, Protect) and should always be at full health to revive everyone else in the event that they're knocked out, except if he's knocked out by Light Pillar; the Revive ability can fix him up then.

Since your Speed stat will be obscenely high from junctioning Triple magic, turn the battle speed down to the slowest setting; your ATB meter will refill at a normal speed, while the Weapons will be rendered ponderously slow. This will allow you to quickly summon Doomtrain and Cerberus in rapid succession; you should do this in both fights. Doomtrain will always inflict the Vit 0 status effect, and Cerberus will give everyone Triple, but that only matters for your spellcaster, who IMMEDIATELY after Triple takes effect should cast Aura on everyone, and Haste on their next turn. This will allow you to plug away with several limit breaks before the Weapons get a chance to do anything. If you're lucky, Squall will get Lionheart; a couple of rounds of that and one or two of Irvine's should fell Ultima. At full strength, Irvine's Quick Shot is actually a lot more damaging than Hyper Shot; the individual shots do less damage, but since it fires hella fast, the damage ends up being a lot greater. You can easily do 4000 damage per hit for 30 hits, which hits for 120,000; Hyper Shot will only let you get off 6 or 7 shots for 10,000 each. Other than Light Pillar, the only attack Ultima has that can do any serious damage is his physical strike, which Recover can easily fix, since all his other magic either doesn't do that much damage or is elemental and will thus be nullified by your junctioned Ultimas.

Omega's a lot tougher, having an HP figure on par with Ruby and Emerald from VII, but the strategy remains basically the same. The only difference is that Omega casts L5 Death at the start of the fight. Also, you're far more likely to need your caster's Full-Life because of Terra Break and Megiddo Flame. Those attacks are why you've got Megalixirs and Mega Phoenixes on hand. There is a definite attack pattern to Omega's moves; he waits until the third move to use Megiddo Flame, and won't use Terra Break until about the seventh move. In between those, he occasionally uses Light Pillar, but mostly he just throws Meteors at you. Triplecasting Aura and pounding away with your limit breaks is still the way to go; you can draw shit-tons of those from the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell, and also get a lot of experience. The Weapons are always going to be exceptionally powerful, so you'd do just as well to level up as far as you can. If you decide to make them all level 100, junction 100 Death spells to everyone's ST-Def to avoid dying.

Of course, the most disturbing thing about the Weapon fights is that I remembered all that fucking bullshit without having to look at gamefags.

Hey, Coop, I posted on this thing, like last year sometime... I put in a couple I think...

If we go by number of times mentioned... can we declare a winner yet...?

I mean, which boss, out of all these mentioned here has been mentioned the most?!?!!? I think by this time we can count votes, can't we?!!? Which of you has the total lack of anything resembling life that you can read thru this really fuckin long thread and start making hash marks? Do I hear a volunteer..? :D

I'm bored, i'd do it :P

But only if it's necessary, because 150+ pages are still 150+ pages o.O;

Sigma from MegaManX3 was friggin' impossible. On that sidescrolling masterpiece on SNES timing was everything. If you didn't have the perfect rhythym and timing your a$$ is grass (not the good kind of grass either!). In fact I've built up some rage just talking about it, I'm gunna go kick his a$$ right now!!!

Don't think I've posted anything in here yet, and I'm too lazy to look, but the first 3 minibosses in Viewteful Joe on mode, weren't hard, it was just annoying because I had to restart like twice, meaning going through that non-skippable story, at least that gave me good incentive to play better, muhahahaha

I know I suck, but whatever

Who? I don't recall any boss named Penance in FFX...unless you're talking about a game other than Final Fantasy X.

Yeah, I don't either.

It was only in the international version.

Apparently, there are also dark aeons you have to kill to get to him.

Who? I don't recall any boss named Penance in FFX...unless you're talking about a game other than Final Fantasy X.

Pennance is found in the international version.

Has anyone here played Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga? I heard Hitoshira is one tough cookie...one of the hardest bosses in any RPG.