All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

• 3 weeks later...

I've mentioned a few bosses from the Serious Sam series of games, but I have a new one that I think deserves mentioning.

At the end of Serious Sam 2, you go through the usual deal... namely, massive numbers of enemies that just keep coming in never ending, mind numbingly numerous waves. If you get through all that, you fight the final boss. Basically, it's a really big pyramid called the Mental institution building. There's one weak spot, and it slowly rolls forward. Yes, it can crush you, and yes the weak spot comes and goes. So what does this final boss do?

Well, it's protected by various suicide planes, fighter planes and bombers that drop bombs (duh). These all come out in good sized squadrons that will keep you blasting away in hopes of keeping them from turning you into a bloody stain on the grass. But, the building also attacks, with nifty little cannon balls, fireballs and such. What attacks you, depends on how much health the building has left, and it does get harder as you go along.

It's beatable, but it took quite a few tries before a found a "safe spot" that enabled me to get through the beginning parts without too much damage. Granted, I think that safe spot is a glitch and not an intentional place to hide, but it works.

Definitely a tough boss.

Edit: Caught a few typos.

i dont know if any one put this one but in southpark for N64 the last guy was perty hard for me.

I had that about a week then got rid of it. What a pile of pooh that game was. And yes, that boss was hard. In fact, I don't think I ever beet him without using the all weapons/infinite ammo cheat. Just couldn't work out how to beat him.

My most hard fought, irritating, joypad breaking, thumb blistering and bloody right humiliating boss battle was with Akuma in SSF2Turbo. Not only did I have to fight my way through the game on level 8 difficulty without losing a round, I mean that's hard enough, I then have to suffer the indignity of having my ass handed to me for 4 and half hours at the hands of that topknotted nutjob.

Holy shit, this thread is old.

I still need to defeat Quadraxis in Metroid Prime 2 and finally finish the boring game.

Same here...

I'm having trouble finishing Advance Wars: Dual Strike though. I'm on the level with a satellite that shoots beams. I wouldn't call it a boss, but it's definitely a hard level.

Not the all-time hardest but...

The first time I fought the second level's boss in Gradius V. After a long level, and a barrage of power-ups, ya get to the boss. So I fight him, and I win, and I think, well that wasn't so tough. But wait. He has a second form. Oh. Well, after that one, which gets a little crazy at times, I pull through. Ok then, pretty chall-wha? A third form. This one I recognize from Gradius III. So I fight it, end up losing my options and what not, but barely win on my last life, but finally, I've triumph-...DAMMIT! A fourth form?!? The hell? And then I get destroyed, in a big big way. Oy.

It's one crazy fight.

Not the all-time hardest but...

The first time I fought the second level's boss in Gradius V. After a long level' date=' and a barrage of power-ups, ya get to the boss. So I fight him, and I win, and I think, well that wasn't so tough. But wait. He has a second form. Oh. Well, after that one, which gets a little crazy at times, I pull through. Ok then, pretty chall-wha? A third form. This one I recognize from Gradius III. So I fight it, end up losing my options and what not, but barely win on my last life, but finally, I've triumph-...DAMMIT! A fourth form?!? The hell? And then I get destroyed, in a big big way. Oy.

It's one crazy fight.[/quote']

Reminds me of KoL: "Now I shall reveal my TRUE true form!"

Holy shit, this thread is old.

I still need to defeat Quadraxis in Metroid Prime 2 and finally finish the boring game.

Same here...

I'm having trouble finishing Advance Wars: Dual Strike though. I'm on the level with a satellite that shoots beams. I wouldn't call it a boss, but it's definitely a hard level.

It's rather sad because I can reach his final form with full health, and yet I can NEVER LAND ON HIS FUCKING HEAD.

Culex

What, from Mario RPG? You just need to level a bunch. Then he's easy.

As for the Metroid Prime 2 boss... yeah, that thing was difficult. I put the game down for a couple months before coming back, I was frustrated. I was glad in the end, though. The bosses which kick our asses are always the most gratifying to beat.

The last boss in NARC is, I believe, invincible (at least for the arcade? I think it was) to show that the war against drugs is NEVER OVER.

Or something like that.

Right now the hardest boss for me is the Yokozuna in We (Heart) Katamari.

He's not invincible, you just have to aim at a certain spot on him, which pisses me off greatly :x

Not the hardest boss in history but,

Malpercio from Baiten Kaitos, his final form, was the hardest boss (statisticly) in the game, making him the best formula for the Main bad guy.

And Damn, he handed back my spleen after 5 attempts at him, I finally defeated him, he changes his element and does hidiously high damage with his special.

But no, he weren't the hardest, not by a long shot.

Giacamo and his cronies, on the Battle Ship, without a healing spot, but a save station, when your half hp and under leveled.

After 10 attempts (no sh*t) I was tempted to sell the game, but it was only because of Giacamo's voice acting (along with Mizuti and, sometimes Gibari) I would never of had the option of it on.