All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Sigma, X4.

I'm actually looking for a cheat for that bastard, because form 3 kills me.

I remember that... Are you talking about defeating him with Megaman or Zero? I haven't played X4 in a long time, but I recall Zero's final battle to be tougher, with the whole limited range thing...

Also, Colonel seemed very tough with Zero at the time...

I didn't read all 160+ pages but I saw lots of FF games. Did anyone post about FFX? The fight against that one tank thing on the ice lake and the fight with that one dude with blue hair and a girly voice. He was a bitch. I tried leveling up so much but he whooped me big time. I'm might get FFX again just to beat him. Any ideas?

Seymour? Which version of him?

And it sounds like you didn't even see any of the extra bosses in the Arena, and Nemesis.

Yeah Seymour. The form with the strong summon. The undead dude that shoots crap out of his eye. I can get to the summon but then 2 two hits and I'm down for the count.

Summoning Shiva (???? in Yuna's summon menu) should be enough to vanquish Seymour's summon. If not, summon another aeon.

You must be seriously under-levelled then, or your strategy isn't working. Shiva should be enough to at least take Anima down to near-death.

K, if you want a REALLY hard RPG boss, Yaksa Meganada from Digital Devil Saga 2 has had me levelling up and learning skills for the past 4 hours of gameplay, and I still can't beat him.

He starts by being immune to physical attacks and using nothing but physical attacks. Then, after he's been dealt about 2000 damage, he's begin using a powerful, multi-hit move that can kill your entire party and is unblockable. At about 3000 or so, he'll change to his magic form, and get at least 4 turns every round. If he exploits a weakness, he'll get more. Oh, and he's now immune to all magic save electricity, which he absorbs.

At about 4000 damage he'll use a lightning move that WILL kill the entire party unless blocked. He'll also use status magic, meaning if a certain character is in your party you're gonna get raped.

By the way, he's got 9000 hit points. I basically need to find and learn Debilitate on the skill grid if I want to avoid getting slaughtered every time.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. This game's final bosses are a pain.

I've been playing Shining the Holy Ark again for a while now, and I finally reached the end. It's been a few years since I last played and won, and I'd forgotten how this final section is a bitch. It's one of those endings were you don't fight a boss, but rather two bosses... one of whom has helpers.

First, you fight Rilix who summons a pair of very large armored Evil Vampires to her side. Besides her pounding on you with top level Freeze spells and various attacks like Poison Claw and such, you also have to contend with her large helpers... who have all sorts of attacks and magic of their own. Once (if?) you manage to make it through all this, you win right? Wrong.

I won't say who or what is the final boss (I won't ruin the fun), or even what you have to beat on the thing. But know that it's big, powerful, and not only does it do plenty of damage with it's attacks, it has one spell that can bring the game to a fast end... Soul Steal. If it hits, that character dies right on the spot. So you go from being pummeled by three different powerful monsters, to being killed instantly by one. Granted, there are spells and such that can bring characters back to life, but magic points run out, and so do items.

Having tried several times to win, I think I'll be doing some leveling up before I try again.

Edit: Damned spelling again...

i would say the atma weapon from FF3. or maybe masa&mune from chrono trigger.

i've always thought fighting bowser the third time in mario 64 was rather tough, but i've also met people who think i'm either stupid or just a pansy for thinking that.

wtf is wrong with you? That boss Atma was an easy win. That is if your level 40....

i would say the atma weapon from FF3. or maybe masa&mune from chrono trigger.

i've always thought fighting bowser the third time in mario 64 was rather tough, but i've also met people who think i'm either stupid or just a pansy for thinking that.

wtf is wrong with you? That boss Atma was an easy win. That is if your level 40....

There was also the Vanish/Doom trick that worked on almost every boss.

the pumped-up version of Indalecio from Star Ocean 2 is bloody impossible.

I'll second that. I went through the entire extra dungeon, got all its absurd items, decimated the boss, beat the extra boss in the trumpet, and assumed Indalecio++ would be easy. He destroyed me.

Once you get Bahamut and the ability to make Trio of 9999, FFX's normal bosses are way too easy.

Grand Summon Bahamut, Mega Flare, Mega Flare, dismiss, Trio of 9999, Blitz Ace/Whatever Tidus's second move is called. Bring in Auron and Wakka to clean up.

I've still never managed to beat Ballos in Cave Story, namely because I can't make it through Hell.

8O This thread is still around?

Okay, any Dragon Quest VIII players out there?

What are your thoughts on the bonus dungeon bosses? GOSH DANG THOSE GUYS ARE TOUGH!

Hahaha, I think I quit on the SPOILERS

Dragovian Trials after the...I think it was the third version he went to decided to just kill a couple of party members in one turn. END SPOILERS

With the game having been so easy up to that point, I just decided it wasn't worth screwing around with.

posting in a HUEG thread

I'd have to say those twin mantises from jet force gemini

I'd have to agree, you hardly have time to shoot at them because 95% of your efforts must go toward evading claws and laser wrath from the left and right. Bitches.

8O This thread is still around?

It is indeed the hardest boss. Its incredibly powerful attack, "Rollback", throws the entire forumverse back in time! I could never find that post again. Lost. Forever.

And bumps only makes it stronger. Just thought you should know.