All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

:twisted: I beg to differ that a boss in a game is impossible. The last boss in the Japanese Hard Version of Final Fantasy 4 is practically impossible, I've never done it. Yes, in Final Fantasy 2 US and also in the easy translated version of FF4 Jap, it was very easy and so was leveling up, but it was all impossible on the Japanese version. My people were like level 60 and they got slaughtered in one hit. Most Final Fantasy games you can beat the boss by level 40 or so, so I know this wasn't just a lack of skill or ability on my part. :twisted:

huh...i didnt have a problem with the ff4 boss in either game (zerometh or zerotith or something?) true, the japanese hard version was a bit more difficult and i had to use a good number of pheonix downs through out the game, but that last boss wasn't impossible...you just have to manage your casualities -- i had kain jump every time so he'll be the guy with full health after he lands so he can pheonix down if somebody died, and rosa became a full time nurse most of the time...but it wasn't THAT hard...

i had more trouble with fighting the boss right after ashura in the monster village or something (sorry i cant remember...its been a while....was it leviathan?)

Emerald Weapon in FF7 wasnt that bad if u managed your characters so they had 7777 life when the battle started, and if you had cloud with omnislash ready, Red XIII with Stardust ready, and any other character who had either Knights of the Round or who had the Meteor 2 spell i think itr was with the double supporting materia so he would cast it twice in a row.

About SoulBlazer: Yeah, the game really was easy, but hell, I was like 9 at the time and thought I need that damn sword because he kept turning metal. Cut me some slack here. :wink:

And yes, RPG bosses CAN be hard. Unless you've got absolutely no life what-so-ever, I very seriously doubt you'd be at level 99 by the time you reach the end in FF5. I was at 35 myself. Shinryuu tore me apart, especially since I didn't have Coral rings on and the intial attack did 8000 damage to all.

It's bad enough that they made a powerful bastard like him, but it's even worse that he's hidden in a GODDAMN treasure box! Grrr...

Anyway, whether it's a RPG or action boss, if it's difficult, it'll take time to overcome either way... whether by leveling up or by learning patterns. So they can be equally difficult. Different... but equal.

Emerald and Ruby from FF7 are quite easy when you have KOTR. Combine that with W-Summon and then have all the characters mimic that. I remember each member of my party had a master magic, master summon and master command going into the battles with the weapons so yeah it was too easy.

Well...they are easy...and I don't think I'm a nerd. Either they're really easy, or I'm really good at these games...take your pick :D

The hidden boss in chrono cross...actually I'm about to fight him...he sounds really easy, I'll update when I'm done.

And Emerald Weapon is a total joke...he hurt me ONCE, and BARELY hurt me at all at that!

I think that in the game Time Lord, I beat the Mexican guy...granted my memory may be tricking me here. I think you have to use a single gun, and do NOT swith guns or whatever weapon during the fight. I am gonna go back and play it again just to make sure that I am not a bastard of a liar.

I just played Time Lord, and ladies and gentlemen...I beat the fat mexican guy. It took me about 10 minutes, but you stand to the right middle of the screen and fire with ONE gun...the pistol, and only the pistol, til' his chubby Vato ass explodes! Thank you folks, thank you, I do accept donations for greatness (I had to gloat...WHAT?) :o

Thank you folks, thank you, I do accept donations for greatness (I had to gloat...WHAT?)

You said, you had to gloat (WHAT?) You had to pat yourself on the back (WHAT?) You were proud of yourself out loud (WHAT?) You had to show everyone else up (WHAT?) You had to show off (WHAT?) You had to be special (WHAT?) Now what are you gonna do? (WHAT?) You gonna beat something else? (WHAT?) You gonna show off again? (WHAT?) You gonna take on another challenge? (WHAT?) You gonna try and prove you're better than everyone else? (WHAT?) You gonna keep pretending you're special? (WHAT?) You gonna wait to see how long I can keep this up? (WHAT?) You gonna wait to see how long I can keep going with this? (WHAT?) You gonna wait to see when I stop? (WHAT?) When I finish? (WHAT?) When I'm done? (WHAT?) When my rant's over? (WHAT?) When it's through? (WHAT?) When I finally shut up? (WHAT?) When I finally shut up? (WHAT?) I SAID, WHEN I FINALLY SHUT UP!

Sorry everyone... it's quarter to three here, and I think I'm getting a little punchy.

Anyway, played Castlevania 1 again... I think Deaths incarnation in that game just moved itself up a couple notches. Cuz if you don't have the boomerang, and the "III" symbol? You're f*cked... :?

i'd have to say the true endboss of demon's crest.

[...]

god that game rocked. great music too, deserves remixing.

If you're talking about Phalanx, I did a death metal remix of that stage that I need to re-record (guitars are muddy, drums muddy, bass muddy, basically it's fucked). If you want to hear the prelim version that was twice rejected (first two versions) from OCR, go here:

ftp://ocr:ocr@206.124.10.111

It's in "my mp3s/remixes".

-steve

The last boss from metal slug x(not five). man that wa hard, aliens kept falling from the sky while that damned u.f.o kept shooting at you....that was it right?

hm......oh yeah, Rugal Bernstein from king of fighters 98. just about as imposible as it gets.

The last boss at ninja gaiden 2. Last boss in the guardian legend was pretty hard as well.

What, everybody says Ultima weapon in FF8, what happened to Omega Weapon, I can kick Ultimecia's ass without using any other gf than Cereberus, and I can't last five seconds with that bastard.

But I believe that THE hardest boss I ever met was that secret boss from final fantasy in Super Mario RPG, you know the one with the four crystals... I catually finished the game, used my last available save, did some level up above what I was to beat the last boss, and still got my ass kicked.

Oh, and that whole level needed to beat a boss thing, well, I am pretty sure that when you observe the games of the old school, it was impossible to use this kind of algorythms, because the boss' stats had far less variables than the characters' and the proportionate evolution of a boss could not happen. If you lost, it might have been because you were not leveled up enough, but not because the boss was impossible... ... ... if you exclude the first encounter with bahamuth in FF3j, but that was because you had to run away... Anyway, the best example I can give is the 3 party battle in FF6 against Kefka, the first time I was beatten, without changing my teams, I just changed my strategy and I survived. With every boss, there are 2 ways to beat them, strategy or level uping.

But I can't think of a game making a boss impossible because the player was not leveled up enough, since games are made to be beatten.

About Emerald Weapon....

Cloud, Ultima Weapon, Omnislash, Mime...

nuff said...

Except you can't Mime limit breaks. :P

I'm pretty sure you can... i beat the desert one with omnislash + mime.

Yes you can mime YOUR OWN LIMIT if and only if the other two characters don't act. If you skip their turns and come back to Clouds, you can mime your own limit break. It's dope stuff!

Sorry I'm late with response but I just now got to this subject.

i had more trouble with fighting the boss right after ashura in the monster village or something

Ashura seriously was impossible until Rosa got to the level where she had the "wall" spell. You just had to cast "wall" on Ashura so that her heal 4 would hit your party instead of healing her completely. Simple as pie.

But I believe that THE hardest boss I ever met was that secret boss from final fantasy in Super Mario RPG, you know the one with the four crystals... I catually finished the game, used my last available save, did some level up above what I was to beat the last boss, and still got my ass kicked.

Culex, to whom you refer, was easy if you knew what to do. Make sure you get the Safety Ring from the Sunken Ship and the Lazy Shell armor from Rose Town. Put both of these on Princess and go into battle.

Culex and his crystals will quickly wipe out your other two people, but will do only 1 or 2 damage against Princess per round. The only attacks that you need to look for would be Dark Star and the normal attack, both of which Culex does and are only around 30 damage. The crystals matter not.

Just keep pounding on Culex, you won't do too much since the Lazy Shell armor drops your attack by 30. Eventually the enemies will start running out of Flower Points. The Blue crystal usually goes out first, followed by Culex, Green, Yellow, then Red. After Yellow goes, (Red takes some time to exhaust), revive your buddies and just keep pounding away on Culex, he'll be dead in no time. Simple.

Btr'dSqrl

The last boss from metal slug x(not five). man that wa hard, aliens kept falling from the sky while that damned u.f.o kept shooting at you....that was it right?

Dude, ever beat MS3? 8O That game has some f--king hard bosses! especially the one where the alien head is connected to the room and shoots these huge balls one after another, and you can't dodge them all unless you are like one foot tall, which your not.

I think I'm going to have to agree with whoever it was near the beginnig of the thread; Zoda from Startropics 1 and 2 was a bitch to kill.

All RPG bosses aren't necessarily easy, but they become easy once you figure out a good strategy, which is the fun part. with most action/shooter/fps/whatever games, you just have to recognize a pattern, which is boring.