All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Diracy]About killing the Weapons in FFVII here is a video in japanese that will make scream why didnt i think of that before?

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/videos/FFVII%20(JP)%20Beating%20Emerald%20Weapon%20(in%201.18%20min).rmvb

sorry if its been posted before... :)

Could you give an explanation to that? It's been a long time since I've played and I can't quite figure out everything that happened by looks.

Yea what is going on??? :o

Give Barret nothing but maxed out counter-mime materia for both weapon and armor. Go into the fight with his limit break all the way up. I think cloud gives him hero potions, but im not exactly sure, its been a while. Basically, He uses Ungarmax, and then Emerald WEAPON attacks him, and then the eight Counter/Mimes kick in.

Sephiroth is cake, CAKE.

He's like every SNES action game, except when he's gonna do his ultimate 1-hp move Sin Harvest, you can stop it, or recover instantly.

Other than that, like I previously mentioned, he's predictable as hell.

Ars Arcanum, slash like crazy, Ars Arcanum, slash like crazy, stop Sin Harvest...repeat.

Mysterio from Spiderman 2 (the movie game)

Anyone who played it will appreiciate the joke.

But seriously, any boss from Ultimate Spiderman is stupid hard. Not because of they are complex, but because the fighting system is so flawed that it makes beating any portion of the game completeabble only by luck.

• 3 weeks later...
Coop - So you have already been to the Dark Ruins then? Just trying to find your way in now?

And a long overdue response...

I'm currently about to go to the Dark Ruins. I haven't played the game since I made that post you asked about, but I'm hoping to get in a few hours this evening. Still contemplating going up another level before I encounter new territory and the monsters there-in.

But seriously, any boss from Ultimate Spiderman is stupid hard. Not because of they are complex, but because the fighting system is so flawed that it makes beating any portion of the game completeabble only by luck.

The saucer jumping was kinda hard :P

Okay, after an argument involving me and a friend I will ask you "What dictates a boss/boss battle?" For example, in Ultimate Spiderman when you are chasing people, is this still a part of the boss battle? Or in RE4 when you run through the cages, that you have to make drop, is this a boss battle?

Okay, after an argument involving me and a friend I will ask you "What dictates a boss/boss battle?" For example, in Ultimate Spiderman when you are chasing people, is this still a part of the boss battle? Or in RE4 when you run through the cages, that you have to make drop, is this a boss battle?

Videogame Boss

In video games, a boss (sometimes called a guardian or master) is a particularly large or challenging computer-controlled character that must be defeated at the end of a segment of a game, whether it be for a level, an episode, or the very end of the game itself (final boss).

for the games i've played, i have to give it to Target Earth/Assault Suits Leynos for sega genesis. That game was ridiculously hard even without the bosses, but you have to fight them as youre beign attacked fom all sides by multiple enemies. i still cant get past the 4th level and ive been playing it for about 12 years...

for the games i've played, i have to give it to Target Earth/Assault Suits Leynos for sega genesis. That game was ridiculously hard even without the bosses, but you have to fight them as youre beign attacked fom all sides by multiple enemies. i still cant get past the 4th level and ive been playing it for about 12 years...

that's because you suck, not because the game is difficult.

Pretty much every battle inside the Cave of Darkness in FF3 is hard as diamond-adamantite, THEY JUST KEEP REPRODUCING. Yeah I know you're supposed to not hit them physically, but all my mp will disappear before i reach the boss. Right now I'm trying to train myself in Bahamut's Cave to around level 40ish so that I'll be able to defeat them with one punch/slice/poke.

"What dictates a boss/boss battle?"

The music usually change into a something more darkish theme.

What about those bosses that instant-kill you without any recourse when you walk in the room? And does the party-composition or character-design matter? For instance, fighting Irenicus without releasing the lunatics is impossible. But I remember watching my brother fight mimic-Lavos when he forgot to bring lightning magic (took an eternity to kill the Nizbel mode).

The second last (i think.... the one thats like the first one) collosus from you know where. I'm not gonna tell you where his final weakspot is, partly cause it'll spoil it, but mostly cause its crazy. Anyone whos played that game will agree that first time around, hes a bitch.

Other hard boss i've played would be... If we're talking about the disc two appearance, that book in alexandria castle during the rescue dagger sequence in FFIX. He's ridiculously strong and it takes ages to figure out how he works if you dont have a guide, and even then he out stats you crazily. Of course the next time you can fight him on disc three he's beans.

The saucer jumping was kinda hard :P

Indeed it was. I didn't mind tho, the music kept me thrilled.

ALso:

I was playing this arcade game earlier, and I think the final boss is impossible. I keep putting quarters in, but I just keep on losing...

In Terranigma, I was battling that boss in Tibet who's able to transform itself into other beings. It started to go well at first, it has gone a while since I've last played this game, so I was really unsecure about how this battle would go, since I only had two M. Bulbs (Hi-Potions) at that time. It was when the last part came that everything started to go downhill. Every time you hit him, he transformed into 15 bats that follows you around kind of randomly, and you can't avoid them. My bulbs went out, so did my life, and that's the story about how 1 hour of gameplay was lost.

Now I have stocked up with enough bulbs for the next time, and sure, compared to Bloody Mary this boss is a piece of cake. It's simply just annoying.

Weigraf when you fight him for the last time in final fantasy tactics. You have to level up at least 5-10 levels and have all the certain skills from the squire and dragoon classes to beat him. You alos have to equip certain items. The thing is you go through all these battles in a castle where u save after each one before you get to him, so if you can't beat him then ur screwed bc you can't go back to the overworld and level up at all. Most people end having to restart the game all over again, I was one of em :(