All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Hardest boss in gaming.. hmm.. Star Ocean: The Second Story on universal difficulty... and then break Indalecio's Limiter. A full lvl 255 party with the highest attackers in the game will die to his first attack... even if you DO manage to kill him it turned for me into a solid three hour fight for my life.. that was the victory battle.. I spent weeks of six or more hours a day fighting him.. it gave me nightmares.

Weigraf when you fight him for the last time in final fantasy tactics. You have to level up at least 5-10 levels and have all the certain skills from the squire and dragoon classes to beat him. You alos have to equip certain items. The thing is you go through all these battles in a castle where u save after each one before you get to him, so if you can't beat him then ur screwed bc you can't go back to the overworld and level up at all. Most people end having to restart the game all over again, I was one of em :(

I'll grant you he was hard, but he wasn't that hard. Likely the hardest fight in the game, but still, with a little strategy, it only took me 3 or 4 tries, And I was probably under-leveled.

I just fought Lavos from Chrono Trigger and found him kind of difficult at first. Maybe I was underlevelled though...Stupid Lavos Core.

prob, I found him really easy I was a level up whore at the time. Of course in chrono trigger there are a couple different "lavos" u can fight, and the last time I beat that game was oh bout 9-10 years ago. Maybe u fought the hardest one?

I just fought Lavos from Chrono Trigger and found him kind of difficult at first. Maybe I was underlevelled though...Stupid Lavos Core.

prob, I found him really easy I was a level up whore at the time. Of course in chrono trigger there are a couple different "lavos" u can fight, and the last time I beat that game was oh bout 9-10 years ago. Maybe u fought the hardest one?

I've done that, the hardest version must be when the queen awaken Lavos in the Undersea palace. I got surprised of how much damage that fellow could make.

Although you can fight it alone in the beginning, you can beat him pretty easy by just casting Luminaire all the time and recover by using Elixirs.

the reason lavos is "hard" is because doors of doom is a cheapshot which will instantly kill anybody who's below some level and doesn't have the right stuff equipped. after you survive the beginning, it's easy, given enough megalixirs...

god damn it, why does it seem like everybody's played star ocean 2 except for me? :( anyway that guy has come up many times in the list haha.

i'm getting close to the end of 3 post-game and i'm scared so bad, since psycho [super] blair keeps kicking my ass. yay for a nearly instant, nearly inescapable, unblockable attack that kills my entire party in one hit. granted, maria's +30% enemy atk and 3x fol gun isn't helping but...

There's a boss in Romancing Saga for the PS2, which looks like a giant-ass toad. He has something like 30,000 hit points, and can land an attack that dishes out about a grand of damage to the entire party every couple of rounds. Needless to say, my friend has yet to beat him...

I'd have to say any boss from a Natsume game, esp. Shadow of the Ninja and Shatterhand. Completely unfair.

Man, some of the Sigma's in the X series can be tough.

I heard somewhere that Ozma from FF9 was voted in as the hardest RPG boss of all time or something, but I doubt that's true. He really wasn't that crazy difficult...I mean, if people can beat him with a level one party, then he can't be THAT monstrous.

Man, some of the Sigma's in the X series can be tough.

I heard somewhere that Ozma from FF9 was voted in as the hardest RPG boss of all time or something, but I doubt that's true. He really wasn't that crazy difficult...I mean, if people can beat him with a level one party, then he can't be THAT monstrous.

If you spent the time and effort to earn the SUPER BOSS KILLER MOVES in either of the first two Xs, then Sigma was, in fact, super duper easy.

You know who was harder than any incarnation of Sigma? Dr. Wily's third incarnation in Mega Man 7, for SNES. Only one hit per appearance, using a weapon that took about two (2) hit points, I think, (he had no obvious weaknesses) and avoiding four (4) bursts of elemental damage that took roughly 1/9 of your life meter. And it's not like the bursts were easy to avoid, either!

How about some of the later Phases from .Hack Quarantine? Took me an hour and a half to get through the Cubia and Corbenk battles, most of that was from trying to recover after ever thirty second long cinematic special they kept throwing at me. You really can't God mode those games. I was LV 95 and still struggling to survive in a level 90 dungeon.

Corbenk: The Peanut of DOOOOOOMMM!!!!

Unknown from Eternal Fighter Zero. She keeps on spamming special moves that makes it very, very hard to approach her. Even if I do somehow make it towards her, she puts up this shield which blows you to the other side of the screen and uses those moves to keep a distance between us until she defeats me. I don't remember her ever attacking me directly. Even Alpha from Dead or Alive 4 wasn't this aggravating.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the opportunity to play Armed Police Batrider not too long ago, and I ran across a boss who was maddeningly frustrating.

This game is rather easy as you play through its first five stages. Not a lot around that can kill you by surprise. Seems like a breeze... until you reach Stage 6. It's here that this game gets a major hard on from making your ship go BOOM!

After a rather tough stage, you reach a boss that pulls the single cheapest tactic known to man. It's a tactic that actually built into the NeoGeo's hardware, and this tactic, could also be called a "System limitation". See, the NeoGeo can only display so many sprites before things begin to happen... mean, vile things. When you reach the last part of this stage's boss, this tactic/limitation kicks in.

After you reach a certain point, a small nozzle begins firing a large number of small mine-like objects that go up off the screen, and then float down as they fire a shot at you. Right as this nozzle is about to stop firing, guns along the side of the ship begin sending a massive amount of violet, pulsating shots that move away from you at first, but then come towards you as a good clip. And it's at this point, that the tactic/limitation becomes apparent.

As the small mine-like shapes float down, and the pulsating shots come at you... THE SHOT BEGIN DISAPPEARING! Yes, these shots vanish. Why? Because there are too many sprites for the NeoGeo to handle. But the fun part is, the shots are still technically there, in that they can still collide with your ship and cause you to explode in what looks like an area free of shots. This is the only place this happens, and why the programmers felt the need to do this is a complete mystery.

I mean, the level's hard enough, and the boss would be a good fight as it is. But getting blown up by literally invisible shots... well, that's just cruel.

The raptors you meet when you've landed on the plateu in Secret of Evermore are actually prett hard, but as long as you stay out of the middle and strike at the right distance you'll be able to defeat them.

It took a while until I won, start the game all over again and see though the dialogues again and again got annoying after a while.

I have to say Megaman ZX deserves some mention. I have yet to finish the game, but I have met frustrating bosses. And not the "OMG this is so cheap *stops playing*" bosses. More like "OMG I WAS SO CLOSE!!!*proceeds to try again 25 times*" bosses.

Now I am up to the last mission, and frankly, I doubt I'll finish it that easily. Rebeating every boss is gonna be a bitch.