MAGFest 2017 (see you next mission)

Arrow

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RealFolkBlues said:

On the real though, when's the OCR workout? When's the OCU concert? When's the panelz? I probably could look all this up, but I'm lazy.

:pretzel:

OCR workouts will be when we can fit them in, but ill for sure make announcements in the discord meetups channel. Be prepared for Nandos-fueled GAINZ.

THere isn't an official OCU concert, but I just reached out to MAG staff to see if I can sneak in a Jamspace DJ set, i'll keep things updated here. It'd be cool to have our own secret show. :-)

Panels TBD, but it will involve me bench pressing @Nabeel Ansari, so please look forward to it!

The MAGFest schedule has gone live in the Guidebook app for iOS. The app is obviously on Android too, but some of my old buddies in the Metroid Metal community mentioned last night that something is buggy about the schedule on that side, as an advance warning. I imagine it will be fixed pretty soon.

OP post has been updated with the OCR panel names and times. If anything else happens event-wise (like, say, a last minute OCU Spring Break dance party in someone's room or something), I'll continue to edit the post as necessary.

Nine days to go! GET HYPE

EDIT: Rooming situation resolved.  Splitting the hotel room in Alexandria with a friend.

Anyone still need a room for MAG?  Or have space in a room?

I currently have a room in the Holiday Inn Alexandria, two queen beds, and a quick 10 minute drive from the Gaylord.  Planning to Uber back and forth rather than deal with the headache of MAG parking.

Edited by Moguta

Ok, so popping in for my annual visit!

Both me and Jenner will be there at MAGFest this weekend. I'll try to hop onto Discord so I can chat there with folks.

Also, I've updated the guide to the National Harbor again -- not a lot's changed (the MGM Grand hasn't really changed anything on the Gaylord side of the harbor. and there's 4 new restaurant options), but that's good to go here:

See you all in a few days! KF

Photos!

ferris wheel in National Harbor:

IMG_20170105_172615.jpg

who is this strange man in my bed?? (with Bradley Vanderhoef)

IMG_20170106_134443_1.jpg

Retro Gaming Jeopardy:

IMG_20170106_165045.jpg

Jeopardy contestants (including YouTuber SomeCallMeJohnny [the right-most contestant]):

IMG_20170106_165931_1.jpg

Rick!!:

IMG_20170106_190641.jpg

Igneous Rock Pie cosplay at the Tiny Waves PJ Chiptune Rave:

IMG_20170108_023501.jpg

Another photo of Igneous Rock at the PJ rave (complete with a wild @Flexstyle):

IMG_20170108_030326.jpg

Last day, at Thai Pavilion restaurant:

IMG_20170108_150546.jpg

I spotted the 10th Doctor!

IMG_20170108_153439.jpg

Chillin' with Trab Naxes: