Submerged Temple Remix (Metroid Prime 2 Echoes)

I've uploaded the high quality version of this remix to the judges panel earlier last week, but I figured I may as well post a temporary link to a version I posted to soundcloud. Essentially, I gave the Submerged Temple theme from the Torvus Bog section of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes a much more pulsing, bad-A sort of feel. I initially wanted it to have a style similar to an original song of mine (Motion), but the more I progressed in producing the song, the more it took shape into what it sounds like now. The reddit community for the Metroid franchise suggested I submit it over hear. Lemme know what you think!

-JD

Welcome to ocr!

I'm skeptical as to this passing the panel. The sounds are raw and exposed, the 0:57 transition comes in quite abruptly, there's imo an overreliance on that simple synth introduced at 0:10, and I'm not sure what to make of the dubstep bass and the drum rhythms. I think this track contains all the elements necessary for a really cool track, but it could use some mixing work and some more thought put into when each part enters, what it does, and why. We'll see what the panel thinks of it.

It might also interest you to know that the source you've used was a remix itself, the original being from Super Metroid. It's the remixer's prerogative to decide which source to attribute a mix to, but it's usually good to know if the same source has been used in other games. Sometimes those other games' versions do something different with them, something that might inspire you.

In any case, welcome to ocr, good luck with the panel, cool remix, and feel free to post here for feedback, criticism, advice, if you need it.