"Funny" sounding Virtual instrumens / vst

ticaw

That's mostly composition rather than any specific instrument, but as for weird/funny libraries?

Stroh Violin

Mouth Trumpet

Glockenpillar

Canjo

Harmonette

The Keyboard

Pretty much all of them require the full version of Kontakt, though. If you want plucked strings similar to the Goat Simulator OST, I'd imagine a Koto VST would do the trick. ISW has a nice Koto VST available(also requires Kontakt). There's also Celestia, which has a ton of additional sounds available alongside some koto plucks. You could probably make something humorous with all the instruments and effects it includes.

On the "Free/Cheap" side of things, I don't know too many weird/funny libraries that don't need the full version of Kontakt. There are probably some free plucked string VSTs out there that would work for a Goat Simulator styled sound.

learn to sample. get a simple sampler. if you want bad sampling, you can do it yourself. use burps and farts for melody, make all the mistakes that constitute bad sampling, like shabby loop points, uneven pitch over the length of the sample, and so on. positive side effect, you kinda learn sampling without noticing if you just do that.

really, it's super easy. or get a casio sk-1 and you get a shabby but musical sounding result. so, either an archaic sampler or a modern one that you can't use.

or use soundfonts. cheesy outdated soundfonts are great for this too. i had a lot of wacky soundfonts, one only consisting of james brown samples...shame i deleted all that crap years ago