OCR00568 - Lemmings (DOS) "Let's Go Dance"

orkybash

Lemmings 'Let's Go Dance'

Nines covers possibly the most recognizable/memorable theme from Lemmings. Can't say I cared much for the cover, though... possibly because it's pretty basic as techno goes. it's technically not bad, just not anything special. I would say the highlight is the well-used lemming sample, which should serve as an example of how to use the same sample in a single song... namely, *sparingly*. Overall, not bad, but probably not worth a download unless you're desperate for Lemmings tunage.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry dude, but I'm going to have to totally disagree with you there... This track is *WONDERFUL*! In fact, its my favorite remix on this whole site! The production is perfect; it sounds great on a good car stereo! The upbeat nature of this song is very listenable... in fact, I've listened to it a million times and I've yet to tire of it! I really love the unique chord changes in this one, and the variation at 2'04" is all that is good about the 80's. AYREZ uses effects very well in this song, and I couldn't see any improvements to be made at all! And the true test: I made my friend who isn't really even into electronic music, let alone game remixes, and he loved it, made HIS friend download it! A masterpiece that all should download and burn!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ya know, in general I don't care too much for the simple straightforward rave-techo beat that goes on here...... yet for some reason I dig this remix quite a bit. I dunno, maybe it's cause I loved the game, but there's just something about this that's happy and bouncy. I listen too closely, and I see that the synths are out of tune and the beat barely changes, but in the background... it's quite smileyable. Yep. Nice.

-Mazedude

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Fantastic! I played Lemmings all the time and you have done it more than justice, you've glorified it! An absolutely stunning piece. The "let's go!" at :55 is a perfect transition into the broken trance synth. Really, You did an awesome job on this. I only post for the ones I absloutley love, and you got it! Keep it up, I want more!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I LOVE the way the airy pads and bellish, fluttery synths start off the mix - I get a glowing sensation of floating/gently falling backwards. It's very calming even after the wildly modulating lead and kickin' kick sample enter. After plenty of rest, the decisive (but seamless) turn at 1:37 pumps me up like a Lemming assigned Dancer status. Then the silky lead playing another part of the source at 2:04 is like a sympathetic travel companion, staying by my side until the end.

Let's Go Dance = Wonderland.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00568 - Lemmings (DOS) "Let's Go Dance"
  • 7 years later...