Undertale - DETERMINATION (Remix of Hopes and Dreams/Save the World)

DJ H0us3C0rP3

Well there, welcome to OCR! I do hope you find what you need here. :)

As far as this arrangement goes, this isn't a bad start - the energy is high, and it plays around with all sorts of goodies (like the little glitchy moments in the melody from time to time - very nice). The arrangement does have a few flubs as far as harmonization goes (such as at 1:06 and 1:17), but overall it matches the source fairly well. The arrangement sounds a little bit static, from time to time, due to how you keep the same sort of energy playing throughout the track. I like the meatiness of the bass drum, but it does seem to drone on, after a while, so watch out for that.

There are moments in this track that just get too dense. Be sure to be careful about that when you're arranging music - you want the elements to be distinct. 2:42 is an example when there's too much going on for the listener to hear anything that's going on - mixing parts like that to where the important elements stand out while the background elements are still clear is tricky, but it can really make your work shine.

I'm sure others on here will also have helpful information for you, as well, so I hope you do hang out, give others feedback, share dat sweet, sweet music, etc. :D

Thank you very much Gario! Yeah i am still trying to work with balancing issues in alot of my works as far as far as too much going on:-( The harmonics in this song are weird in the beginning as the song starts ramping energy at 1:06 and i am teaching myself music theory as I go 8O I has hoping the breaks in the pacing like at 2:54 and 4:22 would help with energy flow but I guess fell short there to:-( Anyway thanks for the feedback and I will be posting my next work here in this thread in the next couple of days (Its spider dance:-D)   

Hey, just wanted to say how much I dig this remix. I actually really like the chaotic 'glitchy' sound with certain notes jumping harmonics. It feels like it's blended well with the low bass always being consistent and keeping the track intact. My only criticism would be correcting the chords starting at 1:06, as Gario mentioned. I'm not too familiar with composing in this genre, but I did enjoy listening to your track, and that's the point right?