Donkey Kong Country 2

Dix Princesse

ed]
Definitely needs to be strictly quality controlled. It deserves to be on par with Kong in Koncert.

Why would anyone expect anything else? On par? No... Better! Thats what every current project should be aspiring to. Better than all the others, added together. No one hopes for a project thats worse then another one.

I hope this will be true....good luck! :)

Bowser is Pissed? the sourcetune for that mix is about five seconds long. Victory Festival? About twelve. Fleeting ecstacy? About twenty.

Fixed. I thought he covered Wing Cap? 8O

Still yeah, as my post was trying to say, it's just really tough making a mix out of something so short, so judging by what we've seen in prior coverage, if anyone wants to make the songs justice they must have some really, REALLY good compositional skills.

I'm sorry if any of my posts in here came off of snobbish :oops:

Here's the thing:

When Kong in Concert first wrapped up, Darkesword (I believe, in an early episode of VGDJ; around 8...) locked a thread saying there should be, essentially, a Kong in Concert 2. Now mind you; this was for various reasons.

a) It was a pretty unoriginal proposal.

B) It was riding on the coattails of KIC's success.

and c) It was to be organized, without mod concent, by someone who did not a significant enough reputation, nor proof of the skill necessary to warrant them leading such a project.

This said, this does not change the fact that the DKC2 OST holds the #4 spot on my top 25 VG Soundtracks. Naturally, any respectable reinterpretation of the soundtrack will please me and ultimately I will support any endevours here. I have actually taken a stab at it twice, remixing both the roller coaster theme and the ice theme well over 2 years ago.

Now, as for my two cents as to how things could/should be remixed? I WOULD say that the entire soundtrack doesn't need to get coverage. Certain tracks could easily be left out.... but I won't go into all of the details of a vision I would have until more has been discussed here. If someone steps forward as a leader in this project I'll gladly just shut up and see what happens. I'd even be a potential mixer since Bound Together seems to have broken my streak of terrible Remix Project contributions.

Best wishes to all. Please do not make KIC2.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, it looks like, here are our priorities:

- NOT call it a KiC2

- Get a Judge or other high up to run this thing

- Find a unique way to do it, to separate it from the first.

- Pull out everything we can to ensure quality mixers, no matter what that means. What it means we'll need to do, I can only guess.

If we do get someone big to lead, I suppose I can be co-coordinator, or maybe Dix Princesse.

ed]Alright, it looks like, here are our priorities:

- NOT call it a KiC2

- Get a Judge or other high up to run this thing

- Find a unique way to do it, to separate it from the first.

- Pull out everything we can to ensure quality mixers, no matter what that means. What it means we'll need to do, I can only guess.

If we do get someone big to lead, I suppose I can be co-coordinator, or maybe Dix Princesse.

I like how he completely ignores my offer to coordinate it.

Of course, I'm not a judge, but I think at this point I can say in all modesty that people know my name around here, and I think I'm well-connected enough to pull in a few pretty high-level mixers.

Ok, so do you want to co-coordinate it, or should I do the whole thing?

Also, should we start this immediately, or should we wait awhile? I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to wait, since there are currently about twelve million projects in the works, most of them started recently.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can gather interest for this.