My magnum opus (so far!)

jane

Hey hey. So I feel like this track right now is the absolute zenith of what I've managed to come out with in terms of composition, recording, musician-y stuff... and I'm super into the tones of the guitars and bass, which can drive me super nuts. Anyway!

Even if you're not into the heavier, weirder side of the spectrum, I hope ya'll find something to dig here.

Didn't know what to expect when I opened this up, but I really dig it. Then again I am a weirdo fan of heavy music. Right off the bat I thought of some Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend influence, which is always a good thing for me.

But aside from that the track sounds good! A few of the lead guitars kind of stuck out to me as being too loud or seperated from the rest EQ wise. Overall though a pretty solid mix, maybe some mids could be carved out for a cleaner sound.

I'll have to check out some more of your stuff.

9 hours ago, CGrail said:

Didn't know what to expect when I opened this up, but I really dig it. Then again I am a weirdo fan of heavy music. Right off the bat I thought of some Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend influence, which is always a good thing for me.

But aside from that the track sounds good! A few of the lead guitars kind of stuck out to me as being too loud or seperated from the rest EQ wise. Overall though a pretty solid mix, maybe some mids could be carved out for a cleaner sound.

I'll have to check out some more of your stuff.

Legend, thanks for listening.

Can you spotlight any 00:00 where said guitars might be annoying? I'm so deaf to it right now.

11 hours ago, jane said:

Legend, thanks for listening.

Can you spotlight any 00:00 where said guitars might be annoying? I'm so deaf to it right now.

Around 2:34 is one of the spots I noticed. Maybe even bringing the lead down just a touch would help. Just sounds a bit seperate from the rest.