Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

Some updates:

• I've updated the top of the thread and touched up a few things:
    • Changed color assignments
      • Red = track claimed, no WIP (0% overall)
      • Purple = draft WIP submitted (1%-49% overall)

• Orange = substantial WIP submitted (full arrangement, 50%-90% overall)

• Blue = finished WIP submitted (only mix/master left, 90-99% overall)

• Green = Final WAV submitted (all done, 100%)

• Some tracks have had status reassigned based on the new criteria

• Adjusted tracklist (should have been done before submitting for OCR-approval, but I haven't changed it much):
      • It has occurred to my that one of my favorite tracks from the first game, Out of this Dimension, is actually a remix of Voices of Spring Waltz (Johann Strauss II symphony), Yuki (Japanese folk song), When the Saints Go Marching In (American folk song), and Hänschen Klein (German folk song),  as well as a bit the Staff Roll (played during credits). OCR is quite specific in their guidelines as to what qualifies as an accepted source, but there have been a few exceptions including Tetris and Frogger; that being said, to avoid holding up the album while waiting for an official response, I have relegated Out of this Dimension to a bonus track if folks still want to try it out. I'd still like to see it on here, FWIW...
      • Boss A and Boss C have been added to claim.
      • I've released the claim for Andross. I'm not getting to this and no one aside from @TheChargingRhino has shown an interest in a big collaboration, so there is another track open to claim.
      • This will be the tracklist moving forward. I may change the order again slightly, but the tracks listed are the ones I would like claimed.
    • Cleaned up / consolidated relevant information

I'm still looking for WIP updates before the deadline (April 1st) from the following people:

I'm going to try to review updates as they are sent so I don't bottle-neck myself like I did at the end of December. If I take longer than a week, feel free to nudge me with a PM. If you are relying on feedback sooner rather than later, mention it to me/us when you submit your update and we'll take that into account when we are allocating time.

Oh, and one more thing - for those of you who have been using my signature banner, something has gone horribly wrong in the account I was using to post the logo images and the files became corrupted. Don't worry, I still have the source files saved elsewhere, but it will take me a little bit of time to get all this back up and running. I will let everyone know when I have this fixed.

One month left! Looking forward to hearing what has been in the works for the last couple of months! :)

EDIT: Sig banner has been fixed. Copy and paste the image from my signature into yours and away you go!

I'm pretty close to finalising my arrangement, and hopefully I'll have something not completely horrible to show very soon. I don't anticipate any problems meeting the next check-in since after tomorrow I'll finally have a large chunk of free time for the first time this year!

It sucks about the Andross thing, I was interested in the idea of a big collab but didn't want to commit until I had something more substantial with Sector Z.

I was listening to the WIPs last night and I'm still really impressed, inspires me to pick up my game a bit more, great work so far, guys.

16 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Clipped Wings isn't Orange yet wwwhhhaaatttt....?

I didn't mark it orange because I wasn't sure if the ending in the latest version was THE ending - but alright, it IS a full arrangement in it's current form and I'd say about half the overall work is done so yes, I can mark it orange.

7 hours ago, Siolfor the Jackal said:

It sucks about the Andross thing, I was interested in the idea of a big collab but didn't want to commit until I had something more substantial with Sector Z.

Well, I just don't have time to lead it and I didn't want to block the claim if someone else wanted it. There's no reason why someone else can't take the claim and do the same thing.

For example, I'm still willing to do the Andross voice-over for the intro and I'm sure @TheChargingRhino can still come up with something if asked.

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO, EVERYONE.

First things first, I don't know what to do for my single track.

Another thing, the collabs, where do we stand on them?

DO you guys need me to do stuff?

And yet another thing.

I have been (crazily) trying to get my grades up for the first nine weeks, which is tomorrow. 

I hope to have my computer back this weekend. 

Might even record myself on my piano, cause why not?

So, questions?

53 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

First things first, I don't know what to do for my single track.

You have obviously not read the feedback that I sent you already in the formal review of Clipped Wings back on February 20th. I'll give it a bump in case you missed it. If you would like more advice than what I have posted, please PM me with any questions.

54 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Another thing, the collabs, where do we stand on them?

DO you guys need me to do stuff?

You will have to ask @Pichu's Dad and @classic_gamer_76 on Cornerian Hall of Fame.

On SCRAMBLE, as I said earlier, you are waiting for me. I'm hoping to have the v3.2 WIP ready by Saturday night.

1 hour ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Uh....sure, I guess. Can you also record bass?

I can do guitar or bass for you. I am not sure which part of your clipped wings track you want done though. Point that out and what file type you want it in and I'll send you a sample?

Another quick update:

Thank you to @HankTheSpankTankJankerson and @Pichu's Dad for the new WIPs! These are now posted to the WIP spreadsheet - take a listen and let them know what you think!

Two weeks left until the deadline! Thank you to everyone who has replied to me or sent a new WIP, still hoping to hear from a few of you!

Hmm. If there is enough interest, we can still make the Andross collab happen ... but who is else is willing to commit to help build the framework?

The idea I had for arrangement was to start with the base intro with voiceover in SF SNES, then either medley the various Andross themes in different styles (my arrangement was SNES, 64, Adventures, then Zero) or choose one theme and run with it. I just know I need to work of Bad Weather before I can work on this. If someone else can help out in building the base framework for the track, then it should not be as much of a pain for the rest of us to build on the rest. 

If anyone wants to give it a try, go for it. I won't mark it claimed until there is a working WIP.

All,

Just wanted to bring a quick update for anyone interested. I've been a bit inactive like a lot of you due to normal work/relationship things that get in the way. I've also recently upgraded my Studio One DAW which BROKE my Star Fox tracks. Well I finally got enough motivation & time to sit down and reinstall the old version and all my licenses FINALLY got it back to working condition! I'm doing some editing tonight and will hopefully have a new WIP for people to judge within a few days. Please get in my inbox if I don't, as the pressure will help me finish something in time. A little bit of effort ended with a lot of progress for me, so I urge anyone struggling with time or frustration - let me (or anyone else) know if we can help. Even if its just a reminder of what can be accomplished. Thanks everyone, I'm going to continue working now.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, M_Blacki said:

I urge anyone struggling with time or frustration - let me (or anyone else) know if we can help.

I am certainly in a position right now where I am VERY frustrated with my lack of time, but until I can do my part on my track, there isn't really anything to help me with. I've had a couple of offers to help me on my track - another big thanks to @classic_gamer_76 for prodding me every so often - but I have to do my part first. Once I have something down and posted for everyone to hear, I'd welcome any feedback and suggestions folks have!

----

Once again, I'm still available to answer any questions or concerns folks might have about the project its direction. I'm keeping up fairly well with the reviews and things are running smoothly otherwise.I have to focus on my own stuff for a bit but I will try to make sure that I respond to any questions within a day.  I've heard from everyone now, but I'm still waiting for WIP updates from quite a few folks. One week left and as @M_Blacki said, there is help available for those who need it - just ask! :)

----

EDIT: Speaking of asking for help, I've asked our Audio Support team to help out giving some feedback for the tracks posted on the WIP spreadsheet, so don't be surprised if you see some new feedback in your inbox. After all, I'm sure you're all sick of hearing mine... ;)

Hey guys - we're getting close, and I'm still waiting for updates from quite a few people. If you need a little extra time to get an update in place, this is fine, just let me know - I don't mind waiting a bit at this point in the project. There are lots of folks willing to help if you're feeling stuck or unsure of what to do next.

We have a new blue WIP! Cornerian Hall of Fame by @TheChargingRhino, @classic_gamer_76, and @Pichu's Dad is sounding pretty fantastic - check it out on the WIP spreadsheet! I have a goal to have a WIP in place for Bad Weather by the end of this weekend and a new SCRAMBLE WIP is on the way!

Keep up the great work, everyone! :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album