Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, all! Me here. Again.

I have been out of commission since August due to a personal loss of someone very close to me. I've been anti-social, shutting out the people closest to me, and throwing myself in full 'get through the day' mode for three months - with a little self-pity for maximum impact. There is nothing like doing everything the grief counsellors tell you not to do - the platitudes lose their effect after a while, and it's amazing how far down you go before you realize where you are and how long you've been there.

So, I have let this get off the rails again, and this time, I let it run over our final deadline. I can say with certainty that this project is not yet to the point where it can be submitted, and due to the utter lack of updates in my absence - except @Slimy (final tracks submitted! YAY), @JulienMulard, and @TheChargingRhino, I've received no updates from anyone. That being said, I really wasn't here at all this time and judging from some of the feed I was reading on Discord, some folks are losing faith - so here I am, once again checking in with the project and letting everyone know I'm not dead and neither is this project.

Now, we are past the final deadline I set for September 30th. I have to reframe this project to get it back on track and this may mean renaming the project itself. If you still want your submitted track to be included in the album, have faith and I will be reaching out soon! If you are out of patience with me and want to take the music elsewhere (or submit independently), please let me know or I will assume you are still on board.

----

For anyone questioning whether I will see this through, you would be right to ask - but please understand that this project gives me a joy I don't have in other parts of my life right now. I will see this through one way or the other - after all, I always come back, don't I? :)

I'm sorry again for being away. Please have patience with me through this - we're still going to get this done!

9 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

I have been out of commission since August due to a personal loss of someone very close to me. I've been anti-social, shutting out the people closest to me, and throwing myself in full 'get through the day' mode for three months - with a little self-pity for maximum impact. There is nothing like doing everything the grief counsellors tell you not to do - the platitudes lose their effect after a while, and it's amazing how far down you go before you realize where you are and how long you've been there.

So, I have let this get off the rails again, and this time, I let it run over our final deadline. I can say with certainty that this project is not yet to the point where it can be submitted, and due to the utter lack of updates in my absence - except @Slimy (final tracks submitted! YAY), @JulienMulard, and @TheChargingRhino, I've received no updates from anyone. That being said, I really wasn't here at all this time and judging from some of the feed I was reading on Discord, some folks are losing faith - so here I am, once again checking in with the project and letting everyone know I'm not dead and neither is this project.

Now, we are past the final deadline I set for September 30th. I have to reframe this project to get it back on track and this may mean renaming the project itself. If you still want your submitted track to be included in the album, have faith and I will be reaching out soon! If you are out of patience with me and want to take the music elsewhere (or submit independently), please let me know or I will assume you are still on board.

----

For anyone questioning whether I will see this through, you would be right to ask - but please understand that this project gives me a joy I don't have in other parts of my life right now. I will see this through one way or the other - after all, I always come back, don't I? :)

I'm sorry again for being away. Please have patience with me through this - we're still going to get this done!

Nice. You got that Pm right? i think people just need their tracks to be mastered and record some stuff. Not 100% sure but I'm sure they'll contact you on Discord or on here. 
And if you want to rename the project, sure. Also, I was thinking that, if you want, we could change SCRAMBLE to that WIP I sent you. More...uh..."action...urgency", I guess. 

21 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

----

So sorry to hear about your loss, Nika. I completely understand as I've lost someone recently too...

I hope things get better for you, and I hope you have a reliable network of close friends and family to help you through.

I'm also sorry that I haven't had any updates for a while, I'm still trying to get myself back on track. Pun intended.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, TheChargingRhino said:

You got that Pm right?

Yes, I did. I'm getting to it...

I have some stuff to say on SCRAMBLE, but I'm not ready yet. I will get back to you when I can.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, TheChargingRhino said:

i think people just need their tracks to be mastered and record some stuff. Not 100% sure but I'm sure they'll contact you on Discord or on here. 

I still have all the material and all the WIPs, and the project overview is mostly accurate to the last time I was active - there are only a few changes to do. I did send out a bunch of reviews in July that I didn't hear back from some folks on but I will follow up with each remixer as I get caught up.

23 hours ago, Siolfor the Jackal said:

I'm still trying to get myself back on track. Pun intended.

You should be punished for that one, sir! :D

2 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

Yes, I did. I'm getting to it...

I have some stuff to say on SCRAMBLE, but I'm not ready yet. I will get back to you when I can.

I still have all the material and all the WIPs, and the project overview is mostly accurate to the last time I was active - there are only a few changes to do. I did send out a bunch of reviews in July that I didn't hear back from some folks on but I will follow up with each remixer as I get caught up.

You should be punished for that one, sir! :D

Cool.
Hopefully this doesn't go off the rails again.
Pun also intended. 

27 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Hopefully this doesn't go off the rails again.

Just so everyone is clear, I cannot guarantee that I will be here every day until the end of the project. My life is still complicated and my RL has to take priority. That being said, I WILL guarantee that if messaged/PMed, I will respond within 24 hours.

39 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Pun also intended. 

Both of you should be syntaxed for your context! LOL

58 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

Just so everyone is clear, I cannot guarantee that I will be here every day until the end of the project. My life is still complicated and my RL has to take priority. That being said, I WILL guarantee that if messaged/PMed, I will respond within 24 hours.

Both of you should be syntaxed for your context! LOL

:lmassoff: I had to make a pun man! It was perfect! 
Anyway, yeah, really wondering what you're gonna think of my new WIP

• 2 weeks later...

If you need some male vocals just let me know. Here's some of my work.

I'll look through the tracklist and see if there's anything that catches my eyes..

edit: i've started on sector y tonight. very experimental. I'll keep working on this until I get you a first draft (probably close to finished) later this week.

Hello, all!

I'd like to add @ad.mixx to the project, taking a unique approach to Sector Y from SF SNES!  Welcome aboard!

---

Not much to report at this point. I've been dealing with some stuff this last week and only touched base with a few people so far, but I'm slowly getting through the list. Feel free to send me updates to your tracks while you're waiting for me to message you!

22 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Sector Y is now claimed, right?
Might want to fix that.

Also you can put my post about the discord link in the main album post if you want
Also you need to fix/add another deadline. 

There are a few fixes I have do on this. I will address all of this when I redo the format.

I will announce when I've got this done.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, TheChargingRhino said:

Can I be co director? Noticed the slot was open. 

Sent you a PM on this.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, TheChargingRhino said:

I think you left out Sol on the track list

No I didn't - or rather I did, but referred to it as something else.

Solar has the same music as Sector Y in SF64, like other tracks in SF64:

• Titania = Macbeth (SF64)
  • Fichina = Sector Z (SF64)
  • Sector Y = Sector Z (SF SNES)

I suppose I could have laid out the tracks as the ones I wanted on the album, but that seemed a bit stifling for creativity and interpretation at the time. Some folks like some soundtracks better than others.

Hello, all!

Just letting everyone know that I will probably be done reframing the project for sometime next week and will post the new guidelines for the final leg of the project then. This will include some of the updates in track listings, track progress, remixers, and finally, some stuff on the narratives and how I'd like to roll that out.

I think I've reached out to everyone except a few people now, but I'm still waiting for responses form a lot of people. I need to know where you are at on your tracks, folks - not just because I want to start to wind this project down and need to gauge how much work there is left to do, but part of this reframing is also a rejigging of the concept and if your track isn't part of this, then I might need to adjust the track list, the script content or even the number of scripts for the narrative portion. I now have 5 final WAVs - thanks to @Afilion for finishing his Titanic Beach in record time - and 18 other tracks in various states of completion. Get in touch with me please and let me know what's going on!

If I don't hear from you on your track before I repost the concept toward the end of next week, then I may have to move on regardless. I know I'm partly responsible for that - we've already lost a few folks to attrition due to my absences already - but I've always said I'll see this through one way or another, and dammit, I WILL!

That being said, I do need help:

• There are still open claims to be taken! If you are interested in something, let me know and I can get you a list of open claims in the meantime.
  • I will be actively looking for voice-over roles again once the concept is reposted. If you can do a good Pigma impression, we want you! LOL
  • I am still looking for a co-director and I am now looking for assistant director as well. (Good luck, @DS394, wish you all the best).
  • I need a website - not now, but soon. @Starphoenix was supposed to help me on this, but I haven't heard from him lately.
  • I will need someone to design the ambiance/ambient music/'je ne sais quoi' for the narratives. Preferably someone with experience in this area or in soundtrack design in general.

If you are interested in any of this, please contact me via PM or the project email - you can reach out on Discord (@Nika) as well, but I might take longer to respond, because I'm old school. B)

---

I also want to say that I'm very happy to be back and doing this again. My life has been missing a lot of joy lately and being part of this again (as little as it seems) has made me feel so much better about so many aspects of my life - so thank you, LSC team and OCR, for letting me come along for the ride and helping me move on with my life. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album