Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

1 hour ago, TheChargingRhino said:

OKAY PEOPLE.

I need to know.

What needs done to my track?

Like could it be submitted and added as a new RemIx now? 

I have PMed you on this.

****SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

I am pleased to announce that @DaMonz has agreed to become co-director for our project!

Great to have you aboard, DaMonz! I'm looking forward to working with you.

Everyone please help me welcome him to the team!

@TheChargingRhino -- I don't know about 'Staff Roll,' but I'd be curious to see what we could come up with your WIP of 'Corneria Has Fallen...But There is Still Hope (Star Fox 2 "Records 1"/SF64 "Select" Mix.' I though maybe doing something similar to Hyakutaro Tukumo's 'The Longest Voyage' (http://66.90.91.26/ost/technosoft-game-music-collection-vol.-7-reincarnation/slfgrtmczf/17-the-longest-voyage.mp3) could be great as it would be a nice way to showcase your piano skills and allow me to explore guitar composition further. Again, I will need a MIDI of your track to start working on it.

What do you think?

I do not want to claim Rino's track -- just ask if she needs some help on that one too. I actually downloaded a MIDI of 'SF2 Record' this afternoon to mess around with... maybe too much... to the point I tried to get some kind of descent progression so we can focus on the more interesting stuff from there.

It is mostly inspired by the ideas Rino had for her original WIP, but, if she's okay with it, we can use this as a basis and work altogether on that one too:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nc0ryoljc2cb2p5/SF2+Record+--+Progression+Research.zip

I find myself going around in circles with my current WIP actually -- it basically means I went as far as I could arrangement-wise for an orchestra piece (which is probably the one music genre I'm the less familiar and comfortable with).

I'm gonna start hunting down a remixer with a good understanding of orchestra composition to collab with so he can help me out but if someone out there feels like he is the man of the situation and is interested, please contact me :3

17 hours ago, Trev said:

YO! May I claim the menu theme from 64?

Consider it yours. I have also put you down as a violin performer. Welcome aboard, Trev!

As a fan of his music, I'm happy to announce that @bLiNd has submitted a track for the Venom Orbital/Base boss, Phantron! Very glad to have him aboard too. :)

Slimy has expanded his first claim to include the Venom Base from Star Fox SNES and he has also submitted a track for all the main Star Fox themes. Sounds great so far!

Also, just a quick note to anyone looking to claim: I have attached a copy of our project overview to the top of the thread, so folks can see where we are in the project and what tracks are already claimed. I have also attached the source tracks from each game to this spreadsheet (well, most of them as of when this post went up) so you can listen to everything and see if there is anything you're interested in claiming too.

I hope to see more claims soon!

Hey, Trev, I originally was going to include "Select" as my piece, but....I've decided to go "Records 1" all the way, sorry, Classic.

It's gonna be sort of a tribute to "Can't Stop Me Now" by Queen....since I believe they both follow the same chord structure?

You're good.

Let's see what you can come up with-and who's track get in the main album and who's is bonus/extra, shall we?

14 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

As a fan of his music, I'm happy to announce that @bLiNd has submitted a track for the Venom Orbital/Base boss, Phantron! Very glad to have him aboard too. :)

Oh, my... seriously? Is it Christmas already? So excited to read this news -- I can't wait to hear what he'll come up with!

Also... now the pressure is real ^^'

10 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

I've decided to go "Records 1" all the way, sorry, Classic.

It's gonna be sort of a tribute to "Can't Stop Me Now" by Queen....since I believe they both follow the same chord structure?

That's okay. Do your thing and don't forget that if you need any help or assistance... you have my mail ;)

I'm very curious about this too -- haven't I told you Queen is one of my favorite bands of all time <3 ?

I see Zoness is unclaimed for the second disc, so I'd like to hog it for myself and throw my hat into the ring. :P

Think I have a nice direction for the track. Something along the lines of chill-down electronica/chiptune. I'll listen to the track, get a good idea of the structure of the song and start kicking around some ideas this week.

A new remixer called Prominion has claimed Fortuna from SF SNES. He's not yet a part of the forum, but he'll probably join us soon.

Welcome aboard, Prominion! :)

---

We are now up to 14 claimed tracks: 9 for disc 1, 5 for disc 2. Three tracks left for disc 1 before we have a full disc of claims!

EDIT: I would've put this up yesterday, but I was having trouble getting it working. Here is a new signature banner for folks to use if they are interested. The link to this thread is already embedded - just copy and past into your signature and away you go!

kyif2Kr.jpg?1

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album