Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

True to my word, I got my project started this weekend. Have about 40 secs of an intro I've been playing around with to try and build my instruments and soundscape. So far the chill has been obtained.

UPDATE: Managed to get more work done. At around 2:20 mark. Zoness is proving to be a tad more challenging of a source than I thought, but so far it is going well. Pretty pleased with the results thus far. I should have a rough WIP done by this weekend. 

And the title for my track is going to be Diving into the Deep Green Abyss.

Do you all think it would be good idea to tie in the menu theme with a slower, more contemplative version of the 64 stage clear theme? They might go quite well together.

I'm wondering how redundant this idea would be..... what medleys are covering this? ^ Also, are any medleys going to include the 64 menu theme?

Also I realllllyyyy want to do Bolse....... in the style of @bLiNds suberb 'Meteor' remix. Is it OK if I claim that one too?

5 hours ago, Trev said:

Do you all think it would be good idea to tie in the menu theme with a slower, more contemplative version of the 64 stage clear theme? They might go quite well together.

I'm wondering how redundant this idea would be..... what medleys are covering this? ^ Also, are any medleys going to include the 64 menu theme?

Slimy's claim on 'various Star Fox themes' will probably have some of the same melodies, but his focus is on ending themes; I have no claims for medleys that spread to the Menu Theme or Stage Clear theme specifically. I say go for it. I'm a big fan of creativity, so mix it up and see what happens! :)

I'll put you down for the Stage Clear.

5 hours ago, Trev said:

Also I realllllyyyy want to do Bolse....... in the style of @bLiNds suberb 'Meteor' remix. Is it OK if I claim that one too?

This is also OK! Bolse is now yours.

5 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Has "Meteor" been claimed yet?

Love that Glockenspiel....thing...

Also that harmonic guitar. 

If not, then I'll claim it.

Claimed!

----

I would also like to announce that @JulienMulard has claimed Aquas! He's be moving in an electro-metal direction with his track and will be trying to combine both the SF64 theme with the SF Command theme. Can't wait to hear his first WIP!

Welcome aboard, Julien!

----

I'm loving all this activity. We have quite a few WIPs as well and there is some awesome music being created for this project. :)

We have TWO TRACKS LEFT to be claimed for the first disc to reach the first goal...! Thanks to everyone for their help in bringing @Thomas Neil's idea to light. This is going to be great!

There are still lots of tracks left to claim - let us know if you want in!

3 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

Slimy's claim on 'various Star Fox themes' will probably have some of the same melodies, but his focus is on ending themes; I have no claims for medleys that spread to the Menu Theme or Stage Clear theme specifically. I say go for it. I'm a big fan of creativity, so mix it up and see what happens! :)

I'll put you down for the Stage Clear.

This is also OK! Bolse is now yours.

Claimed!

----

I would also like to announce that @JulienMulard has claimed Aquas! He's be moving in an electro-metal direction with his track and will be trying to combine both the SF64 theme with the SF Command theme. Can't wait to hear his first WIP!

Welcome aboard, Julien!

----

I'm loving all this activity. We have quite a few WIPs as well and there is some awesome music being created for this project. :)

We have TWO TRACKS LEFT to be claimed for the first disc to reach the first goal...! Thanks to everyone for their help in bringing @Thomas Neil's idea to light. This is going to be great!

There are still lots of tracks left to claim - let us know if you want in!

"OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"

3 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

......Dang! You've beaten everyone else at completing a WIP!!

Congrats!

Thanks! There's probably some more tweaks that I'll make to my track, but I kind of just hit a good stride and things just fell in place that way. Actually been solicited to work on a second track, so I'm going to kick around some ideas and see what I can come up with.

I have upgraded DS394's track to Orange Status, as it is a complete (not finished) track; however, the track still needs a name, @DS394!

And thanks again to 'The Flash' @Starphoenix for claiming Macbeth from SF SNES!

That makes 20 claimed tracks - 10 for each album! Now we are just FOUR TRACKS AWAY from reaching our first goal of 24 tracks!

___

If anyone is looking for suggestions, here are a few tracks that I would really like to see claimed for the album that haven't been yet:

1. Asteroid Belt / Meteo (SF64)
  2. The Awesome Black Hole (w/map select - SF SNES)
  3. Sector Y (SF SNES)
  4. Out of This Dimension (SF SNES)
  5. Andross... (any/all games)

That being said, all unclaimed tracks are still open. Let us know if you want in!

Hey guys, this is a really cool project idea. I'd like to offer my services as a performer to anyone needing some live instrumental recordings. I have a high quality audio rig and have mic techniques and basic eq/mastering knowledge to get a good .wav of anything that needs to be sent to remixers. I've got too many projects going on to offer a dedicated remix of any of the tracks myself or oversee the arrangement, but I'd be happy to track/record anything that I can offer! 

2 minutes ago, Pichu's Dad said:

Hey guys, this is a really cool project idea. I'd like to offer my services as a performer to anyone needing some live instrumental recordings. I have a high quality audio rig and have mic techniques and basic eq/mastering knowledge to get a good .wav of anything that needs to be sent to remixers. I've got too many projects going on to offer a dedicated remix of any of the tracks myself or oversee the arrangement, but I'd be happy to track/record anything that I can offer! 

Hey there, Pichu's Dad! Thanks for the offer and welcome aboard!

To be clear, you are offering performance on vocals and assistance on audio support, yes?

Just now, The Nikanoru said:

Hey there, Pichu's Dad! Thanks for the offer and welcome aboard!

To be clear, you are offering performance on vocals and assistance on audio support, yes?

No prob, thanks for putting it out there! I am offering performance on any of the instruments I have listed on my profile in addition to vocals, if needed! I'm not a classically trained vocalist so I wouldn't go as far as to say that is my offer to the project primarily, but can do it in a chamber/choral setting if needed. I can assist on audio support as well, but my equipment is quite modest compared to most people and I'd be best suited at recording myself and getting those tracks sounding good. I'm a multi instrumentalist by trade and can cover a lot of territory. 

14 minutes ago, Pichu's Dad said:

I'm a multi instrumentalist by trade and can cover a lot of territory. 

Yeah, one or two instruments, anyway. :P

I've put you down as performer/collaborator for all the instruments you have listed on your profile - including vocals. You can always refer any requests to someone else if you don't have time or feel capable. I've also put you down for audio support. Let me know if you want me to change anything.

I've also put @classic_gamer_76 down as a performer/collaborator for synthesizer, since he's now involved in three different collaborations. It's been great working with him on Corneria so far! :D

20 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

Yeah, one or two instruments, anyway. :P

I've put you down as performer/collaborator for all the instruments you have listed on your profile - including vocals. You can always refer any requests to someone else if you don't have time or feel capable. I've also put you down for audio support. Let me know if you want me to change anything.

I've also put @classic_gamer_76 down as a performer/collaborator for synthesizer, since he's now involved in three different collaborations. It's been great working with him on Corneria so far! :D

Sounds great! Thank you! Just contact me when you need me to start getting to work and I'll do my best!

14 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

I've also put @classic_gamer_76 down as a performer/collaborator for synthesizer, since he's now involved in three different collaborations.

Sounds good to me -- always willing to help ;)

15 hours ago, Pichu's Dad said:

I am offering performance on any of the instruments I have listed on my profile.

When you say 'Electric Bass,' does that mean you can provide some Slap Bass perfomance? 'Cause I know I'll be looking for live slap recordings for Corneria.

9 hours ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

Sounds good to me -- always willing to help ;)

When you say 'Electric Bass,' does that mean you can provide some Slap Bass perfomance? 'Cause I know I'll be looking for live slap recordings for Corneria.

Oh yes, I can slap dat bass! Just depends on what level of skill you'll need, but I can get pretty funky.

Please put me on as a performer for any track.

If you want to hear me demonstrate, listen at the minute mark in this link.

I own and perform all Saxophones, Flute, Clarinet, and Bass Guitar

Edited by HankTheSpankTankJankerson
changed the link in the text

5 minutes ago, HankTheSpankTankJankerson said:

Please put me on as a performer for any track.

If you want to hear me demonstrate, fast forward in this tune a couple of minutes.

I own and perform all Saxophones, Flute, Clarinet, and Bass Guitar

Fantastic! Thanks for the offer, I'll put you down for the instruments you listed here. Welcome aboard!

Love the example you gave - that is some awesome jazz action I'm hearing there. :)

----

We now have three sax players on performance! I'm really hoping there is going to be some sort of Jazz collaboration on here soon... hint hint... :D

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album