Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

18 hours ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

I can't get enough

Well, buddy thank you so much!  I need to make the sheet music for your files you sent me the other week now that I am in a place to do it, but just know you are on my mind.

Seriously, though, if anyone needs anything, I would be glad to make the sheet music of your tracks and record whatever instruments you want.  I can even send you the sheets music!  Jorrito and Chernabogue needed brass, so I did just that.  Just ask them if you need a reference.

2 hours ago, HankTheSpankTankJankerson said:

Gonna claim Meteo if that is okay...?

Done! I'm glad my subtle hint was effective. :) 

I am looking forward to hearing how this comes out, hopefully as a collab from our trio of sax players. I do hope @Theory of N and @Pichu's Dad are paying attention...

2 hours ago, Jorito said:

Not gonna claim anything because of no connection with Star Fox whatsoever, but happy to provide some arrangement assistance or track feedback in case anyone needs it.

Thanks for the offer, Jorito! Much appreciated, I'll put you down for Audio Support.

1 minute ago, M_Blacki said:

I haven't helped with any collaboration projects on here yet, but I'd like to at least give it a shot. You can assign me as an arranger, remixer, or performer. Just let me know where I'm needed and where I can help.

M_Blacki, we'd be glad to have you aboard! Collaborators, performers, Remixers, and arrangers are all welcome here. :)

What instruments/sound design/techniques should I put you down as a performer for?

2 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

M_Blacki, we'd be glad to have you aboard! Collaborators, performers, Remixers, and arrangers are all welcome here. :)

What instruments/sound design/techniques should I put you down as a performer for?

I mainly work on electric guitar and bass with Studio One 2, record, mix, and master myself. I also have some experience with drum/sample/synth programming.

1 minute ago, M_Blacki said:

I mainly work on electric guitar and bass with Studio One 2, record, mix, and master myself. I also have some experience with drum/sample/synth programming.

Okay, I'll put you down as a performer for electric guitar / bass, drum sequencing, and synthesizer. I'd like to put you down for Audio support too, if you don't mind.

Let me know if you'd like a claim too. Thanks again, MB!

1 minute ago, The Nikanoru said:

Okay, I'll put you down as a performer for electric guitar / bass, drum sequencing, and synthesizer. I'd like to put you down for Audio support too, if you don't mind.

Let me know if you'd like a claim too. Thanks again, MB!

Absolutely! I'll do whatever I can. I will check out the list and let you know if anything comes to mind. Requested help would be nice too though; I'm trying to motivate myself back into music after a month break.

Alright! We have all kinds of motivated collaborators and performers here, just ITCHING to perform!

So, since everyone is so eager, let me put this suggestion in front of everyone: ANDROSS is the 'boss' of this album, and deserves to given the treatment like a boss. I think it would be awesome if we found a way to get most or all of our collaborators and performers to do something on one big Andross remix, spanning at least one theme from every game we see Andross in.

I'm still very much a newbie on actual composition - I'm having a hard enough time getting the right sound with my own track currently - so I don't think I'm the right person to build the base arrangement; however, if someone is willing to step up to the plate and take a few swings at building a framework, I think we could all put in something and turn this into something truly epic.

If someone wants to be really creative, I'm sure I can do a decent Andross impression for an introductory voice-over ... and I can laugh evilly, as I've made mention of before. (Yes, I know the laugh is cheesy ... but that's why I like it.) 

Let me know what you think!

1 hour ago, The Nikanoru said:

Alright! We have all kinds of motivated collaborators and performers here, just ITCHING to perform!

So, since everyone is so eager, let me put this suggestion in front of everyone: ANDROSS is the 'boss' of this album, and deserves to given the treatment like a boss. I think it would be awesome if we found a way to get most or all of our collaborators and performers to do something on one big Andross remix, spanning at least one theme from every game we see Andross in.

I'm still very much a newbie on actual composition - I'm having a hard enough time getting the right sound with my own track currently - so I don't think I'm the right person to build the base arrangement; however, if someone is willing to step up to the plate and take a few swings at building a framework, I think we could all put in something and turn this into something truly epic.

If someone wants to be really creative, I'm sure I can do a decent Andross impression for an introductory voice-over ... and I can laugh evilly, as I've made mention of before. (Yes, I know the laugh is cheesy ... but that's why I like it.) 

Let me know what you think!

Dibs on the theme from SF.

Let's beat that one track from Double The Trouble! for number of ReMixers. 

And, YES!

DO A VOICE OVER!!!

Well then, I guess I'm doing a voice-over. :D I'll post something to this thread in the next couple of days.

Thanks to @TheChargingRhino for taking the first plunge! I'll also finish posting the Andross tracks this weekend so everyone can hear all the sources.

6 hours ago, Starphoenix said:

WIsh I had something to contribute to a collaboration, but...

Everyone can contribute something, whether you want to help by designing part of the root track or just clapping your hands into a mic. Don't worry, we'll find something for you, Star. :)

3 hours ago, M_Blacki said:

I guess you can put my name down for Sector Y. Are there any arrangement preferences or genres I should follow?

This track is now yours, MB. Thank you!

Personally, I was hoping to get the waltz from SF SNES on this album somehow, but the choice is yours which track you use (just let me know which one you decide on). No genre restrictions, interpretation is wide open; my only guideline is to try to 'tell a story with the sound.' Oh yeah, and the OCR submission guidelines. :)

___

22 claims ... and since this Andross collaboration seems to be taking some sort of shape, that means...

DISC 2 - VENOM HAS NOW OFFICIALLY REACHED ITS FIRST GOAL OF 12 TRACKS!

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this so far. I really appreciate all the collaborators who have also stepped up this week and offered their services too - I am really happy with how this is all turning out and EXCITED to hear what comes of this!

Now, just because disc 2 has reached its first goal does not mean claims are cut off. There are four more tracks for the second disc I have listed in the project overview that are open to claim and lots of character themes still open. Even boss themes! Also, only ONE TRACK LEFT for disc 1 to reach its first goal - which will also have some other tracks open to claims. 

This project is still recruiting! Let us know if you want in!

7 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

Well then, I guess I'm doing a voice-over. :D I'll post something to this thread in the next couple of days.

Thanks to @TheChargingRhino for taking the first plunge! I'll also finish posting the Andross tracks this weekend so everyone can hear all the sources.

Everyone can contribute something, whether you want to help by designing part of the root track or just clapping your hands into a mic. Don't worry, we'll find something for you, Star. :)

This track is now yours, MB. Thank you!

Personally, I was hoping to get the waltz from SF SNES on this album somehow, but the choice is yours which track you use (just let me know which one you decide on). No genre restrictions, interpretation is wide open; my only guideline is to try to 'tell a story with the sound.' Oh yeah, and the OCR submission guidelines. :)

___

22 claims ... and since this Andross collaboration seems to be taking some sort of shape, that means...

DISC 2 - VENOM HAS NOW OFFICIALLY REACHED ITS FIRST GOAL OF 12 TRACKS!

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this so far. I really appreciate all the collaborators who have also stepped up this week and offered their services too - I am really happy with how this is all turning out and EXCITED to hear what comes of this!

Now, just because disc 2 has reached its first goal does not mean claims are cut off. There are four more tracks for the second disc I have listed in the project overview that are open to claim and lots of character themes still open. Even boss themes! Also, only ONE TRACK LEFT for disc 1 to reach its first goal - which will also have some other tracks open to claims. 

This project is still recruiting! Let us know if you want in!

WWWOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

@Etzaen has claimed Eladard (inside variation) from Star Fox 2. I guess I had better post the rest of the OST to the overview ... :)

Welcome aboard, Etzaen!

_____

As I assigned this track to disc 1 (conveniently), this also means we have...

24 CLAIMS - 12 TRACKS ON EACH DISC - FIRST MISSION CLEAR!(in 24 point, just for emphasis)

Thanks again to all our awesome Remixers for helping me bring this together!

Don't forget, we are still recruiting! Let us know if you want in!

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album