Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:36 PM, Thirdkoopa said:

just for that i'll add a french horn part to this track

Thanks, Thirdkoopa! Anyone else need some horn from @JohnStacy for their tracks?

----

@Starphoenix has given me an update of Cyber Attack using the feedback he got. Sounding better all the time!

@Thirdkoopa has given me permission to post his WIP, Contemplating the End (working title). This is a very interesting slow jazz take on Area 6 ... brimming with performer potential!

@classic_gamer_76 and @TheChargingRhino have sent me another WIP of Records 1 including some work by @Pichu's Dad. Sounds great, love the variety of instrument leads here!

Check them out, let us know what you think!

On December 12, 2016 at 4:51 PM, The Nikanoru said:

Thanks, Thirdkoopa! Anyone else need some horn from @JohnStacy for their tracks?

----

@Starphoenix has given me an update of Cyber Attack using the feedback he got. Sounding better all the time!

@Thirdkoopa has given me permission to post his WIP, Contemplating the End (working title). This is a very interesting slow jazz take on Area 6 ... brimming with performer potential!

@classic_gamer_76 and @TheChargingRhino have sent me another WIP of Records 1 including some work by @Pichu's Dad. Sounds great, love the variety of instrument leads here!

Check them out, let us know what you think!

Gonna try to have a WIP today of some stuff I wanna do on Records!

@Thirdkoopa are you by chance opening up the track for instrumental solos? I'd like to take a crack at one if you're considering the opportunity!

31 minutes ago, Pichu's Dad said:

@Thirdkoopa are you by chance opening up the track for instrumental solos? I'd like to take a crack at one if you're considering the opportunity!

Thanks, Pichu!

Nika, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop Meteor and Staff Roll.

If anyone else wants to do them, then go ahead.

Also, I've come up with yet another version of "Clipped Wings"

I might try to mix together that first rock version, the current "Synthwave" version, and a "Synthbeat" version.

Synthbeat version includes more tempo changes from the Synthwave version, and is composed using only Harmless, Harmor, some drum loops, and Firebird so far.

Tempo starts at 73 and is currently at 130. 

Again, I might mix the three versions together, and also remake "Scramble" a bit. 

Will try to post something on new version tonight.

This does not mean to change the WIP, just putting ideas out there for now.

If anyone needs piano, go ahead and tell me!

36 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Nika, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop Meteor and Staff Roll.

If anyone else wants to do them, then go ahead.

No need to apologize - in fact, thank you for telling me now. I'll remove your claims.

38 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Also, I've come up with yet another version of "Clipped Wings"

I might try to mix together that first rock version, the current "Synthwave" version, and a "Synthbeat" version.

I'm curious to hear this.

38 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Again, I might mix the three versions together, and also remake "Scramble" a bit. 

Yeah, I know I'm being slow about putting the new SCRAMBLE WIP together with all the parts. Time to do music has been in short supply these last few weeks due to school, and I'm trying to get my own WIP going on top of the other commitments I've made.

Once you have something together, let me know. Always open to new ideas!

1 hour ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Also, is anyone else planning on using SAC in their mixes? 

I hope to, once I get enough together to get a copy, but it's be a late Christmas present to myself if I do.

1 hour ago, Pichu's Dad said:

If you send it, I will post.... :)

7 hours ago, Pichu's Dad said:

Definitely! Depending on who's interested and can give me good quality, I could make this arrangement much larger in an ez. Sheet music is how I typically get things done for games, lol.

Good morning!

I worked on this from near 3:00 P.M. to around 9:30 pm almost non-stop last night 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1cNg5GTkCUIc1NpNEpLaW1ocGs

80's "Synthbeat" verson of Clipped Wings had landed.

I added  A LOT of stuff, tried to combine the other two version with this one

Even went and used the beginning synth for the current version through-out the song

tempo changes all over the place, too 

tried to get everything equal, seems to be okay

you might want to lower your volume for the start, though 

Classic, you're going to be super happy when you realized how I tied Clipped Wings with SCRAMBLE...

It's at the very end, though.

Redid the arps a bit at the end, too.

Review, please!

This might be my best track yet!

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:06 AM, TheChargingRhino said:

Review, please!

I PMed you a full review. I like!

___

Alright, everyone - hard to believe how time has flown, but here we are: check-in time!

So, as the first check in, all we require is a current WIP and acknowledgement that everyone is still on board. Now, I have 20 WIPs out of the 27 claims we have for the album; for those of you who have submitted a WIP already, you are in the clear so just post something here and you'll be fine. For the remaining 7 claims with no WIP, we would like to have something from you in the next two weeks - I'm starting the check in now to give you time to do so.

Folks I'm missing WIPs from:

We ARE still early in the project, so I'm not going for the hatchet right away. If you need a bit more time to finish up a WIP, please PM me and we'll see what we can do. That being said, if we do not hear from you, you'll have two weeks from the check in date to get back to me and/or DS394 or you will be cut from the project.

@DS394, @DaMonz, and I are going through all the tracks in the next two weeks or so to make sure all the current WIPs have comprehensive reviews from each of us. A couple of remixers are sending me updated WIPs almost daily; we're all pretty busy these days and I don't want to overload the other directors, so please, if you're going to send us an updated version to review, send us one more update before this time next week and we'll review that.

No scary stuff, guys. I am very happy with how all this is turning out; we have a great group of remixers here and I'm especially pleased with all the collaborative work going on here. Kudos to @Pichu's Dad and @M_Blacki for their help the last few weeks; @Jorito is also still available for audio support as well, even though he is now directing the Secret of Mana project - just be patient with him, he's busy!

Some other stuff:

• I'm getting my artist guy to start working on a promotional poster and the album cover art this next quarter. I'm going to try to stay in a space-y theme for the cover art, staying with the Lylat motif of the album itself; however, I've also asked @Etzaen to do some art for the 4 main characters, as we need some representation of the pilots as well as the ships. If anyone wants to submit other art, let me know and we'll see what we can do.
  • I plan to submit this project for OCR approval within the next four months. I have set a goal for the project of 16 complete (not finished) tracks to submit with. I currently have 4 tracks I have labelled complete; if anyone is wondering what I mean by that, a complete track 'is a track with a full framework; one that has a beginning, a middle, and an end that are clearly defined.' This does not mean the structure is set in stone; that would be a finished track, which should only require minor mixing adjustments.
  • There is another goal to get the project to 32 claims. We need 5 more claims to reach this goal; let us know if you want in or know someone who does!

And with that..

ALL SHIPS CHECK IN!

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, TheChargingRhino said:

Classic, you're going to be super happy when you realized how I tied Clipped Wings with SCRAMBLE...

I actually think many ideas you have here could be transferred to "SCRAMBLE" -- both mixes are so similar I don't see the use of making two of them when you can only do one.

I'd personally replace the 'orchestra hit' by another instrument for I don't think it fits the piece very well.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, Ronald Poe said:

I'll P.M. you maybe next week ...

Excellent, I'll wait for your PM.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:56 PM, Siolfor the Jackal said:

Still very much in the ideas and writing phase

No problem - so is mine. :) Whenever you're ready, go ahead and send it over.

Okay, here we go!

Thank you to @Siolfor the Jackal, @Starphoenix, and @M_Blacki for sending in WIPs for their tracks. @Ronald Poe, still waiting for that PM - if you need a little extra time, this is fine for this check-in, but we should discuss the details. Prominion has been busy with life lately but tells me he'll have SOMETHING ready soon. @Trev hasn't been in contact with me yet, but he is super-busy on a good day from what I understand - I hope he gets in touch with me soon. And has anyone seen that jerk @The Nikanoru? He won't respond to my PMs...  ;)

Today I'm going to start setting up PMs to each remixer with feedback, probably at a rate of about 3-5/day. @DS394 and I will make comments on every WIP that we have; because @DaMonz is also very busy these days (I'm sensing a theme here), he may not be able to get to every WIP before New Years, so I'm going to start with folks who have complete or substantial WIPs first then work my way down the list - please be patient! Some folks have expressed concern over reviews on tracks they are not confident with yet; if you do not want your track reviewed at this time, please let me know ASAP so I can take you off the list. You can always contact me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Also, just because the directors are reviewing doesn't mean you guys have to stop! I have posted some updates and new WIPs to the spreadsheet, including:

I'd like to say here how impressed I am at all the work that has been done so far and how amazed I am at how far we've come in a short time. Thank you to everyone for their hard work this year - let's keep this momentum going!

Nika, can you also update the WIP spread sheet as well?

Thanks in advance,

ALSO: Should we we ask Fred Phonx to join us? Have you ever HEARD what he's done with "Space Amanda?" Or "Venom"?

He's a real nice guy.

Even told me what the notes are for part of Ep. 2's opening theme. 

D#, D# D# D#,

F#,

D#, D#,

F#,

D#, D#, D#, D#, 

F#, #F.

G#, G#

On December 14, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Thirdkoopa said:

Definitely! Depending on who's interested and can give me good quality, I could make this arrangement much larger in an ez. Sheet music is how I typically get things done for games, lol.

Sounds awesome! Feel free to send me anything you have parts wise and have stuff available for solo sections, let me know! I've got a few instruments lying around... Haha

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album