Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

On 12/23/2016 at 6:04 PM, TheChargingRhino said:

Nika, can you also update the WIP spread sheet as well?

Oops - I thought I had done that already. Sorry, Rhino - now updated to Synthbeat verision.

9 hours ago, Ronald Poe said:

Merry  Christmas Eve, OCRemix. To celebrate this time of giving, I'm giving you guys the first demo.

Awesome, Ron - thanks for the gift! :)

Hey, everyone, I've got an idea.

So, I'm the one that started the "Pieces of Courage" Project a while back (I still haven't finished a few tracks oh nooooo....)

and I was wondering if I could do a SNES Star Fox Project.

No remixes, just straight up covers.

Going to call it "SCRAMBLE"

if you guys are okay with this.

Thanks in advance. 

When I get the thread made, I'll edit this post and link the thread here.

THREAD HAS BEEN MADE:

56 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Cornerian Hall of Fame has reached the WIP2 stage!!!!

Really? That's awesome :)

I'd like us to be done with the recording sessions as soon as possible so I'm gonna hunt down a drummer next week -- if anyone in this thread can provide drum though, show yourself quickly before I start my search!

By the way, Lauren, did you find a way to record MIDI performances with your keyboard? Otherwise, I might need to ask for someone else to play the piano for us too.

I'm afraid I cannot provide a MIDI of that "Records" cover either -- threw away all the sequences that were replaced by Jameson's performance (only the drums, synths and piano remain) :(

40 minutes ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

I'd like us to be done with the recording sessions as soon as possible so I'm gonna hunt down a drummer next week -- if anyone in this thread can provide drum though, show yourself quickly before I start my search!

By the way, Lauren, did you find a way to record MIDI performances with your keyboard? Otherwise, I might need to ask for someone else to play the piano for us too.

I'm afraid I cannot provide a MIDI of that "Records" cover either -- threw away all the sequences that were replaced by Jameson's performance (only the drums, synths and piano remain) :(

I can possibly do a live recording and send it your way, if that works.

I'd have to get the notes, then get someone to hold a camera for me or set up a tripod or something...

(Cause I have no recording studio or anything close to it, just a camera...)

1 hour ago, TheChargingRhino said:

I'd have to get the notes, then get someone to hold a camera for me or set up a tripod or something...

(Cause I have no recording studio or anything close to it, just a camera...)

That's basically why I asked if you can record MIDI performance -- I am not confinced your way of recording piano will offer a decent quality result and humanizing everything manually is a pain in the butt.

Nothing personal, but I think it's better to let someone with better ressources at his disposal do the job.

7 hours ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

I actually still have the midi you sent me in my project file, so no worries!

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, TheChargingRhino said:

Nika, I think you're going to have to take off the performer list.

I'm just not the sort that records stuff, I'm more of a sequencer as of now, sorry.

No problem. I have removed you from the performers list.

----

Hello and Happy 2017 everyone! I hope everyone is refreshed (or at least done being hung over) and ready to compose with all your new toys for music! :)

Just so everyone knows, I am behind in getting feedback out to everyone so if you haven't received anything from me yet, please be patient - unless of course, you've requested that we hold off on giving you feedback, in which case we'll send you a PM once you are confident enough with the WIP for review. I guess that 3-5/day was a little ambitious. Live and learn!

We have three outstanding claims:

I really don't have much excuse to not have something at this point, other than being busy with whatever time I can find trying to review everyone else's tracks. All I can say is that I am subject to my own rules and have a month to submit something or my claim will be open. I am hoping that Prominion and Trev will have something to me soon, as they are under the same rules ...

A couple of reminders moving forward:

• For next check-in, progress must be confirmed (new WIP required). Completed tracks are requested, but not required.
  • I plan to submit this project for OCR approval within the next four months. I have set a goal for the project of 16 complete (not finished) tracks to submit with. I currently have 4 tracks I have labelled complete and 1 labelled finished; if anyone is wondering what I mean by that, a complete track 'is a track with a full framework; one that has a beginning, a middle, and an end that are clearly defined.' This does not mean the structure is set in stone; that would be a finished track, which should only require minor mixing adjustments. 11 more complete tracks needed to complete the goal.
  • I've had to take down Sargasso Space Zone and Fichina, as their tracks have been claimed in other areas.  There are still a few tracks I would like to see on the album:
    • Great Fox Theme
    • The Awesome Black Hole (map select music can be included)
    • Meteor Base (SF or SF2)
    • Out of this Dimension (for the truly brave)
  • ...and another reminder that character and boss themes are still available to claim as well. 5 more tracks to be claimed before we reach our goal of 32 claims.
  • The Andross remix is still looking for volunteers, if anyone is bored or having a mental block on their remix. Sequencing/building the framework is our current priority - a few people have said they'd be in like Flynn once we have something in place. I know not much has happened on this yet, but I still want to get everyone in on this, so please, any help you could provide would be appreciated!

Here's to a great 2017, everyone - let's make some music! :D

After two weekends of not really really doing anything, I took another crack at the Boss B track. Starting to come along a lot better than before. Still struggling with a lot of artist's block when it comes to this track, but I've been listening to some of the more proficient electronic artists on this site for some added inspiration.

Hope to have something for review here soon.

On December 24, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Thirdkoopa said:

which ones? and awesome!

I've got tenor/alto saxophones, clarinet, trumpet, Native American flutes/ocarinas, electric bass, electric and acoustic guitar, mandolin, tin whistle, harmonicas, a trombone, a french horn, banjo, keyboards, etc... Lots of stuff at varying levels of skill on my part. Could get creative and make something weird or isolate a few instruments I'm proficient at (sax/guitars/tin whistle/mandolin) and make something a little more comprehensive. Just let me know if you want any!

21 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

No problem. I have removed you from the performers list.

----

Hello and Happy 2017 everyone! I hope everyone is refreshed (or at least done being hung over) and ready to compose with all your new toys for music! :)

Just so everyone knows, I am behind in getting feedback out to everyone so if you haven't received anything from me yet, please be patient - unless of course, you've requested that we hold off on giving you feedback, in which case we'll send you a PM once you are confident enough with the WIP for review. I guess that 3-5/day was a little ambitious. Live and learn!

We have three outstanding claims:

I really don't have much excuse to not have something at this point, other than being busy with whatever time I can find trying to review everyone else's tracks. All I can say is that I am subject to my own rules and have a month to submit something or my claim will be open. I am hoping that Prominion and Trev will have something to me soon, as they are under the same rules ...

A couple of reminders moving forward:

• For next check-in, progress must be confirmed (new WIP required). Completed tracks are requested, but not required.
  • I plan to submit this project for OCR approval within the next four months. I have set a goal for the project of 16 complete (not finished) tracks to submit with. I currently have 4 tracks I have labelled complete and 1 labelled finished; if anyone is wondering what I mean by that, a complete track 'is a track with a full framework; one that has a beginning, a middle, and an end that are clearly defined.' This does not mean the structure is set in stone; that would be a finished track, which should only require minor mixing adjustments. 11 more complete tracks needed to complete the goal.
  • I've had to take down Sargasso Space Zone and Fichina, as their tracks have been claimed in other areas.  There are still a few tracks I would like to see on the album:
    • Great Fox Theme
    • The Awesome Black Hole (map select music can be included)
    • Meteor Base (SF or SF2)
    • Out of this Dimension (for the truly brave)
  • ...and another reminder that character and boss themes are still available to claim as well. 5 more tracks to be claimed before we reach our goal of 32 claims.
  • The Andross remix is still looking for volunteers, if anyone is bored or having a mental block on their remix. Sequencing/building the framework is our current priority - a few people have said they'd be in like Flynn once we have something in place. I know not much has happened on this yet, but I still want to get everyone in on this, so please, any help you could provide would be appreciated!

Here's to a great 2017, everyone - let's make some music! :D

I'd like to claim Meteor Base! I'm also interested in Out of this Dimension but I'm going to wait a bit and see if anyone else claims it. I need to get some work done on other tracks!

16 minutes ago, Pichu's Dad said:

I'd like to claim Meteor Base!

Claimed! Thanks again, Pichu's Dad - really appreciate all the work you are doing for us!

Just so you know: as we have passed the first deadline, I'm only going to require a WIP from you for the next one, but a complete WIP is still required for July. This rule will be the same for all new claims moving forward.  Of course, shoot me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

17 minutes ago, Pichu's Dad said:

I'm also interested in Out of this Dimension but I'm going to wait a bit and see if anyone else claims it.

Well, let me know!

2 hours ago, Pichu's Dad said:

I'd like to claim Meteor Base!

Oh, man! I'm already so HYPED to hear what you'll come up with on that one -- it's like it was written for you to arrange. If you're gonna make this baby your own like you did for "Records" -- which I hope -- it will surely be a BLAST!!

Let me know if you need help or assistance for anything ;)

20 minutes ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

Oh, man! I'm already so HYPED to hear what you'll come up with on that one -- it's like it was written for you to arrange. If you're gonna make this baby your own like you did for "Records" -- which I hope -- it will surely be a BLAST!!

Let me know if you need help or assistance for anything ;)

Hey thanks! I am really excited about working on it. I'm making some rough ideas on drum tracks, but those are certainly not my forte. If you're interested, I'd love to have you work with me on this one. I'm going to make a rough draft of my idea and I'll send it to you and see if it inspires any creative ideas. Looking forward to hearing what this thing will turn into.

2 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

Claimed! Thanks again, Pichu's Dad - really appreciate all the work you are doing for us!

Just so you know: as we have passed the first deadline, I'm only going to require a WIP from you for the next one, but a complete WIP is still required for July. This rule will be the same for all new claims moving forward.  Of course, shoot me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

You are welcome! Thanks for having me on board. I'm going to have a WIP for you very soon!

18 hours ago, Pichu's Dad said:

I'm making some rough ideas on drum tracks, but those are certainly not my forte. If you're interested, I'd love to have you work with me on this one. I'm going to make a rough draft of my idea and I'll send it to you and see if it inspires any creative ideas.

Dude, I'm always up for some drum writting and whatnot :D Just do your thing and share it when you feel like it and we'll see what we can do with it!

@The Nikanoru -- Same goes to you and that "Titania" mix, boss ^^

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album