Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

4 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

@DS394 has been hard at work - I now have updates for both Lylat Legacy and the Sector X remix. Mostly adjustments to mix, but please give them a listen! DS will be losing the use of his studio in the next week or so. These are almost done, so if anyone else has any notes on mix or production, please let us know so he can get them corrected ASAP.

@TheChargingRhino has been experimenting with Clipped Wings, combining some of her previous ideas, and I like the direction she's taking things. I've posted the update she sent me - give this a listen too and let us know what you think!

We've got a framework for where the narratives will fall now and we're starting to build some scripts. Once we refine the ideas into something we like, I'll get the script looking somewhat professional and post something to get some feedback from everyone. Thanks to @classic_gamer_76, @DS394, and @TheChargingRhino for all the help on this!

Which one is it though, 

the one with the drums

or the one that I attempted to master/level 

I mean, you can post both of them if you want....

Anyway, why is DS losing his DAW?

EDIT: And once the script post is up, you shall be getting my voice work ASAP...

Except you might hear background noises....such as my computer running...

Bu we can incorporate it into the background noise for the tracks, right? 

3 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Which one is it though, 

The second one - labelled 'NO DRUMS.'

4 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

And once the script post is up, you shall be getting my voice work ASAP...

Except you might hear background noises....such as my computer running...

Bu we can incorporate it into the background noise for the tracks, right? 

We'll deal with any issues like background noise later. First, we need something to record before we start on the recording. :)

So there's apparently street pianos that you can play Downtown...

Might go down there and play tonight....

One's somewhere on Main Street

The other is in the Library (HUGE REVERB IN THERE!)

Might be more locations but I can't find anything online so....

Going to have a Zeldathon possibly

All will be recorded for your listening pleasure. 

18 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

So the back's going to be another art piece/tracks/artists?

Yes.

18 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Is it even possible to do a physical release?

I want to physically own the thing that i helped create and hold it in my very hands....

Well... yes and no. @Thomas Neil wanted this to be an official OCR release in the same way as the other albums, which are distributed for free in electronic format online. If we had wanted to actually publish and distribute this album, I would have had to look at that from the very beginning; this would have involved talking to OC Records or another private / indie label. I haven't looked into it, but I imagine there's a bunch of extra work involved and a freaking HUGE cost, which I certainly can't handle myself.

That being said, I will be getting my guy to do disc covers as well and @Etzaen has told me he's doing some character art that can be used as extra leaflet material, so you can print out all the material and make your own copy on a CD-R. It's not exactly PolyGram or WB, but you will at least be able to hold it in your hands. :)

17 hours ago, DS394 said:

I want this on vinyl platinum right now

ME TOO. Let's get some of this awesome music finished so we have something to go platinum with!

Just received our first FINAL WAV for Lylat Legacy@DS394's orchestral overture-style remix of SF64's Opening Theme! I've posted it to the WIP spreadsheet so folks can give it a listen.

----

I'd like to remind everyone that we still have four unclaimed tracks:

• Boss A (SF64 or SF SNES)
  • Great Fox Theme (SF Assault)
  • Boss C (SF64)
  • Andross

Still might turn Andross into a big collaboration if someone is willing to build the framework. Get your claim in now - WIPs will be required for claims after July 1st!

Hi there.

I have been a silent lurker until now. I'm not confident in my mixing abilities since the last time I did any music composition was back in the Dark Ages of High School in the '90s. But I have been excited to see this project grow and evolve and start coming into its own and really I have wanted all along to be able to have some part in its creation other than as a witness. I heardon't a rumour today that you are looking for some voice actors to record some dialogue to add another texture to the album. I would like to offer my services as a possible "Voice of Slippy" if that role is still available Please?

Many thanks,

Purp

X♡X♡

On 6/8/2017 at 2:45 PM, The Nikanoru said:

Yes.

Well... yes and no. @Thomas Neil wanted this to be an official OCR release in the same way as the other albums, which are distributed for free in electronic format online. If we had wanted to actually publish and distribute this album, I would have had to look at that from the very beginning; this would have involved talking to OC Records or another private / indie label. I haven't looked into it, but I imagine there's a bunch of extra work involved and a freaking HUGE cost, which I certainly can't handle myself.

That being said, I will be getting my guy to do disc covers as well and @Etzaen has told me he's doing some character art that can be used as extra leaflet material, so you can print out all the material and make your own copy on a CD-R. It's not exactly PolyGram or WB, but you will at least be able to hold it in your hands. :)

If you want to release this through OCR with the option of physical release down the line, you should know that we do all of our physical printing through Nationwide Disc. Nationwide has templates for packaging; the two types of packaging we usually do are digipaks and sleeves. Any multi-disc album would be done as a digipak, and any single disc album would be either digipak or sleeve. As far as OCR is concerned, jewel cases with inserts are not really an option; they break too easily.

It's also important to note that when preparing album art, make it 300 DPI. That's the minimum quality needed for print. A good test would be to take your art and paste it into the one-disc sleeve template and make sure it's large enough to go over the bleed lines.

Hey! GUESS WHAT?

I got a mic stand!!!!

Here's two examples.

Enjoy

(recorded on my dad's mom's organ-at my house)

Star Fox

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1cNg5GTkCUIWjJYb2lhQVN5VnM

Zelda

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1cNg5GTkCUIenczbDlFbUdId2c

But that's not all.

I shall be recording some other stuff on my Yamaha Portable Grand MX 7-10 (...That's a mouthful)

Anyway, hope all of you enjoy.

I AM LOOKING FOR A DRUMMER FOR CLIPPED WINGS.

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, DarkeSword said:

If you want to release this through OCR with the option of physical release down the line, you should know that we do all of our physical printing through Nationwide Disc. Nationwide has templates for packaging; the two types of packaging we usually do are digipaks and sleeves. Any multi-disc album would be done as a digipak, and any single disc album would be either digipak or sleeve. As far as OCR is concerned, jewel cases with inserts are not really an option; they break too easily.

It's also important to note that when preparing album art, make it 300 DPI. That's the minimum quality needed for print. A good test would be to take your art and paste it into the one-disc sleeve template and make sure it's large enough to go over the bleed lines.

Thank you very much for the information! I'll PM you with some questions on this.

16 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

I AM LOOKING FOR A DRUMMER FOR CLIPPED WINGS.

I saw your note last week and reached out to our Audio Support team. @Jorito has been kind enough to offer to lend you a hand with this, if he hasn't already. :)

----

Two weeks to go before deadline, everyone!

I haven't received many updates so far. I completely understand that this is an interesting time of year and many of our remixers are completing exams and other school-related activities, so if you aren't going to have something in on time, this is fine, but please let me know what is going on.

Keep up the good work - looking forward to hearing all the updates! :)

21 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Am I good for the update?

Yes, you have sent me an update for Clipped Wings already - but if you wanted to send me another update once you have those drums in place, I certainly wouldn't complain. ;)

21 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Also- we need to get going on Scramble...

SCRAMBLE's new version, like I said months ago (and still haven't gotten to), just needs to be assembled and topped with a little creative icing. This is all on me, but I'll be working on it soon.

I will let everyone know when it's posted.

Updates:

• @Ronald Poe has given me an update of Fleet From the Stars. Give it a listen on the WIP spreadsheet!
  • A new addition to the OCR Forum, @Your_Face, has joined our Audio Support team! His background is rock 'n' roll with plenty of recording studio experience, so he's also going to be on the Mastering Support crew as well. Welcome aboard!

----

9 days before the deadline! :)

----

EDIT: Well ... apparently, @Your_Face will take the claim for the Attack Carrier theme (Corneria Boss - SF SNES) as well! What a guy... :)

3 claims left open ... We've almost got a full album!

1 hour ago, TheChargingRhino said:

SNES CLASSIC IS A GO!!!!

Official link: http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

Well, I already own a SNES and all the listed games expect Contra III, the Kirby games, Super Punch Out, and Star Fox 2, so it's probably not going to be on my list of must-haves, but very cool to see an actual release of Star Fox 2.

Now all our SF2 remixes will have some context! :)

13 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Could it be possible to release our remix (Hall of Fame) a bit early to celebrate????

No. Please do not post any of our tracks until LSC's official release.

Savor the wait...! It'll seem so much better when it actually does come out. :)

15 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Also "remade" Eldard Over Land (All the synths!) to celebrate. 

Will post link sometime tonight. 

I hope @Etzaen is paying attention!

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album