MEETUP: New York City, NY Meetup '06 - Pics on Pages 30 And 32-34!

Bahamut

Are we sure we want to do the 28th and not the 29th? For people that have work?

If this is an issue, no one has mentioned it being a problem in particular. (I'm not too sure whether or not it actually matters for Jose if it is on the 28th versus the 29th.) However, if it makes all the difference, then it could be on the 29th. But for now, I think we could safely schedule it on the 28th for the time being.

Does it particularly matter? I don't exactly know for sure. But it's important to set a date for those who have more time sensitive plans. If there is a major conflict, then we'll handle it as it comes.

It's actually easier for me to get away with a day off on a Thursday rather than a Friday, because it's not connected to a weekend, and therefore less suspicious. If it's not gonna be on a weekend, the 28th is probably as good as it gets.

Anyway, I should've mentioned before that I was always a definite; it was just a matter of when I could come and for how long. However, most of my uncertainty has lifted, due to terrible family news (see MAGFest announcement), and I'm confident I'll be available all day at the meetup.

Bump! Updated first post, and here's another suggestion I'm throwing out there - the Chinatown Arcade is another fun stop if people want to stop by, it has arcade games galore like DDR, some korean rhythm game, and a lot of fighting games. It's quite the hardcore arcade place for gamers though.

I loves that place except it's too loud to play DDR in there.

It's perfectly fine to play DDR there. It's just like some of the other fighting games. If you're familiar with the game's sounds effects and music, you're able to filter the other noises out, at least I can do that with Capcom vs. SNK 2. As far as I know, there's DDR Extreme and Supernova there. The rates are kind of ridiculous, but not overly so. It's one dollar for three songs on Extreme and two dollars for three on Supernova. (I play Extreme. There aren't too many great songs on Supernova with some exceptions but, not enough to justify the price.)

I have a simple request. Can we make sure we have some sort of home base this year? It was too much wandering around last time, and I feel like we all would have bonded better if we'd been able to chill out in a relatively quiet place. Plus, too much walking! ^_~

Any volunteers who live in Manhattan? There's going to be a lot of walking regardless though - it's NYC! Although....all that walking in circles around Grand Central to figure out where to have lunch was unnecessary. Also, someone should have some restaurants in mind and the phone numbers of the places for dinner - it'd be good if we could nab a reservation in advance rather than wait for an hour again for dinner.

Are we sure we want to do the 28th and not the 29th? For people that have work?

If this is an issue, no one has mentioned it being a problem in particular. (I'm not too sure whether or not it actually matters for Jose if it is on the 28th versus the 29th.) However, if it makes all the difference, then it could be on the 29th. But for now, I think we could safely schedule it on the 28th for the time being.

Does it particularly matter? I don't exactly know for sure. But it's important to set a date for those who have more time sensitive plans. If there is a major conflict, then we'll handle it as it comes.

I'm sorry guys. I was lazy these past couple weeks and it just occurred to me...

The 28th is a THURSDAY??

This is not good. :cry:

:banghead:

I'm sorry guys. I was lazy these past couple weeks and it just occurred to me...

The 28th is a THURSDAY??

This is not good. :cry:

:banghead:

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN A THURSDAY! It was even discussed in the beginning of the thread! Anyway, I think the major conflict would be that q-pa probably can't make it on Thursday, but Jose can. ._. Has anyone made any plans that can't be changed? I'm hoping not, but yeah... This is not a good thing, q-pa. :cry:

Put it this way... any day of the week not attached to the weekend can be covered by me with a sick day in a pinch; Monday or Friday would probably have to be asked for (best results a month in advance). Either way, I need a decision on the date extremely soon. Then I can give itinerary suggestions (anyone for Sam Ash and Manny's Music?), and as far as moving around, a solution may be as simple as getting enough unlimited Metrocards for everybody. I'll see about everything when we have a date.