MEETUP: New York City, NY Meetup '06 - Pics on Pages 30 And 32-34!

Bahamut

I would've said something earlier, because I'd be certain to come, but the at-what-time and the for-how-long parameters are completely up in the air at the moment, and may be that way for at least a month. Factors include the state of my father's health, a possible position change and shift change at work, and - being on a Thursday - that I might be pushing my luck if, after getting one day off and maybe asking for another soon to accomodate MAGfest, I asked for yet another day off for this thing.

We're having lunch... where? I might be a total dictator when it comes to food, but where exactly are we planning to have lunch? Of course I don't want anything too specific, but I want to know what to expect... hopefully not like those hotdogs off the cart deals. (If you wanted to argue for price, they aren't cheap at all for what you actually get.)

I think it's reasonably to add some more possible activies into the mix right about now. Aside from Nintendo World, Chinatown Fair is also a nice tiny place to go for a game of DDR at the very least. It's hard to find a good place to go in December, where it's cold. I don't like the cold. Central Park? But only if there's something going on there... which usually is not the case. Most of the activities at Central Park organized by the Dept. of Parks end around November-ish like the simple trails, tours or bird watching. The Metropolitan Museum? No... only I like that place. Times Square... Toys 'R' Us, Virgin or a Tower Records?

But where is a good place where can pick on the girls ? :roll:

*We should probably pick a definite date and see which one is best for everyone to maximize fun-ousity. FUN-OUSITY! 8O

We should buy those large soft pretzels. :wink:

The last time I had pizza in Manhattan was probably a long while ago. I stopped eating it because I ended up going to the same places over and over again. It's good and all, a lot better than the stuff they have here in New Jersey. But my last memory of pizza in New York City was at a Familigia's near Times Square. My friends and I finished filming some scenes on 51st Street. We were dressed up as Ghostbusters. People took our picture and it was kinda cool.

I'm ashamed of you Bahamut. I have to bring the topic back to the front page?

Anyway, yeah, number of people will most likely determine where we're eating. As I said before in the irc channel, the theater district usually has a lot of restaurants that can seat a good number of people. Though, it's hard to walk around and find one since it's so close to the Times Square area... might just end up going from one overly priced restaurant to another.

As for the date, I don't think anyone really has anything against December 28th @ 12 PM. Jose might, but this could just be the fact that it's a weekday. Aside from that, not a lot of objections have been made.

Updates anyone? Xerol? McVaffe? MCVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFE!? 8O

I worry I won't be allowed the time off to hang with everyone all day, because I didn't get the chance last year and consequently missed out on the trip to Guitar Center and the chance to collaborate on what became "Lover Reef." However, no date looks good to me at the moment: there's complete uncertainty in my life now. I may be tentative for another coupla weeks, so don't let me slow the decision.

By the way, Tower has gone out of business, for the usual reasons. Folks say "good riddance," but it was one of the few decent brick-and-mortar stores left for people like me who dread having to mail-order everything.

How was my day? Thanks for asking. While bringing attention to the NYC meetup, I've been playing games and going to classes. Bumming around really.. playing Tales of Phantasia for the GBA if you must know. But I still have the original GBA, and it's quite dark since most of the levels are in caverns/catacombs rainy villages and the like. I'm really thinking about getting a DS lite for Thansgiving, but I think that it could also wait until after the meetup. *sigh*

What happened last time in NYC? Who knows what craziness ensued? Actually, went to Guitar Center and had pizza. Aside from that, and lack of pics, I do not really know for sure... as I wasn't there. I think that this time we should do something awesome. Even go to the Met and see some antiquated instruments. (Okay, that sounds boring, but whatever.) If you can think of something better, suggest it! I looked into some things I like to do... but apparently, they are expensive. Oops.

I will see if this McVaffe character is still around.

Alright, so I'm going to be gone for the next week or so, so someone do the bumping for me. Oh, and if people want, I can bring my Wii for late night fun at someone's house (no, not *that* wii) if they want. For an OCR meetup, it's only fitting that there be games involved (but let's get this straight before mid-December though, because I want to know whether I will have to bring it or not).

Hey, I may be able to have a few of you folks at my house afterward. WII fun sounds keen.

I have every intention of being there, goddamnit. If I miss it this time I'm going to kill myself. Last time I missed being part of Lover Reef (If anyone woulda had me) and I don't intend to miss it again.

OK we HAVE to stop by Nintendo World (I know we would've anyway). I was there today and was wearing an OCR hoodie. One of the employees came up to me and said "OH MY GOD OCR I LOVE THEM SO MUCH." I mentioned that there'd be a meetup around there and she (as well as other employees) said that they'd really love to meet some of the remixers.

That's realistically something I could do this new year's because I live close to New York. Unfortunatally, like MAGfest, I can't go. I'll be in Rome, Italy with my high school marching band. I'm soooooo not bragging. (Well maybe a little). I really would like to go to MAGfest or this because at Otakon I never got to see anyone from OCR. Not even Zircietrix, *sob*. But I did have a great time and the only reason I knew about Otakon is because of the meet-up, which I love you all for. :D

~Fraggy

Anyway, I lied. I never contacted McVaffe. But I think that everyone expected me not to, so it's all good. :?

I will now say that the date shall be on December 28th at noon for all of you who need specifics.

Little mini-game before NYC meetup:

Guess the speaker:

"It was the day before today. I remember it like it was yesterday."