EarthBound - Saturn Valley

Maaaan, Saturn Valley is one of my favorite tracks from Earthbound. You did a great job capturing the spirit of the original track. The song is jumpy, fun, and most of all, boingy. 

The lead sounds like it sometimes gets lost in the the bass and kick. 0:54-0:57 is where I notice this. Maybe just bring out the lead a little bit more. I also feel like the song kind of ends abruptly. Listening to this song on my phone without looking at the time, I thought the ending transition was leading into another section of the song. Since this is a WIP I'm sure there is more to come.

Great job so far. I look forward to hearing how this develops!

1 hour ago, Starphoenix said:

Maaaan, Saturn Valley is one of my favorite tracks from Earthbound. You did a great job capturing the spirit of the original track. The song is jumpy, fun, and most of all, boingy. 

The lead sounds like it sometimes gets lost in the the bass and kick. 0:54-0:57 is where I notice this. Maybe just bring out the lead a little bit more. I also feel like the song kind of ends abruptly. Listening to this song on my phone without looking at the time, I thought the ending transition was leading into another section of the song. Since this is a WIP I'm sure there is more to come.

Great job so far. I look forward to hearing how this develops!

I know what you mean. I didn't want to boost the sounds of everything up, but I probably should up the lead a tad. Maybe it's EQing issues. I don't know. I'll have to play around with that. The song does end abruptly and it actually is going to transition into another part as you expected it. I just haven't gotten around to what I'd like to do next, though. Maybe return back to the original section or go into a completely different thing. I wanted to grab some of the spirit of the original as you put it, but then there is that melodic breakbeat section thrown in the mix. I wanted to alter the notes a bit and see what it would sound like. I've got to say, I'm actually happy with it so far. I was thinking of maybe adding vocoded vocals saying, "Welcome to the factory, in Saturn Valley," repeat that a few times, and then to end it off, "Enjoy your stay!" Anyway, I'll continue this.

I love a good Saturn Valley remix, BOING!

I agree with Starphoenix that the bass and kick are taking the lead away from the lead - I feel like the impact of the downbeat and the sheer volume is taking away from the more subtle elements of the track. I believe EQ will help but not solve this issue - ask someone else about frequency adjustment.

Totally dig the solo at 1:21 - I like the tone and arrangement here. Overall, I feel it could do with a lot more supporting harmonies to better feature the melodies.

Now, let's sit down with a nice cup of tea and discuss your adventure....

3 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

I love a good Saturn Valley remix, BOING!

I agree with Starphoenix that the bass and kick are taking the lead away from the lead - I feel like the impact of the downbeat and the sheer volume is taking away from the more subtle elements of the track. I believe EQ will help but not solve this issue - ask someone else about frequency adjustment.

Totally dig the solo at 1:21 - I like the tone and arrangement here. Overall, I feel it could do with a lot more supporting harmonies to better feature the melodies.

Now, let's sit down with a nice cup of tea and discuss your adventure....

You're referring to the anvil hit as the downbeat, correct? The second and forth hit after the 4/4 drum beat? If so, I'll work on that. I wish I had better quality sound speakers than the ones in my laptop. I may have to invest in getting a cord that'll let me hear things more clearly.