MnP 62: Super Metroid - Red Brinstar

HoboKa

14 hours ago, Esperado said:

you need it for a few parts unless youre really good at walljumping, but i agree that its annoying most of the time. 

Yeah, totally lol.

Also, I'm pretty good at wall jumping.  I wall-jump to grab a few powerups early, like the wave beam and sometimes the power bomb (but man shooting that TINY block at the top of the Red-Brinstar Hallway with those geemers AND wall jumping thru it is tough AF lol!) 

32 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Yeah, totally lol.

Also, I'm pretty good at wall jumping.  I wall-jump to grab a few powerups early, like the wave beam and sometimes the power bomb (but man shooting that TINY block at the top of the Red-Brinstar Hallway with those geemers AND wall jumping thru it is tough AF lol!) 

Super missiles are your friend; kill them geemers and it makes that portion a breeze.

Honestly, my favorite skip is against the Varia suit. Hard as shit to do, though, and it's not good at all for speed running for me (Get to one room that doesn't kill you, then stock up on health the old fashioned way). I know there are better ways to do it, but whatevs - I'm not looking to get on Speedrun archives anytime soon.

It DOES allow you to get the wave beam and plasma before Kraid, which makes for a hilarious fight against him later.

56 minutes ago, Gario said:

Super missiles are your friend; kill them geemers and it makes that portion a breeze.

Honestly, my favorite skip is against the Varia suit. Hard as shit to do, though, and it's not good at all for speed running for me (Get to one room that doesn't kill you, then stock up on health the old fashioned way). I know there are better ways to do it, but whatevs - I'm not looking to get on Speedrun archives anytime soon.

It DOES allow you to get the wave beam and plasma before Kraid, which makes for a hilarious fight against him later.

Yeah I use the super missiles, but it's still a pain to bypass that stupid hole, as the rock regenerates quickly lol.  Still manage to do it, just takes like 15 tries :P

I've tried the varia suit skip-trick but didn't get too far...maybe I will do that - plasma on Kraid would be pretty roflstomp.  Too bad you can't use Plasma on Phantoom and Draygon though (but the grapple-hook trick on the latter is a hilarious result lol).  

Oh, you CAN use plasma on Phantoom, but that's even HARDER to do than getting it for Kraid, and you HAVE to have ice and grapple. I'm working on a run to do that now, but it's incredibly difficult to do, and requires a little glitching at one point (that's the part I'm stuck at, now).

I still wanna plasma Phantoom, though, so yeah.