Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks - History

The Damned

No, it's just that we took some time doing some of those remixes. There were also times when someone was waiting for another person to provide lyrics, vocals or another instrument. And then there were the times when everybody just up and disappeared for a few weeks.

And there's still artwork, the webpage, the titles, the project name, setting up the distribution... there are lots of things to still do. And any remix still has to be tweaked and reviewed by the rest of us before we accept it.

Another Soundscape, you only provided a submission. You still have to actually do a serious remix. What you have now is good, but there is always some room for improvement. But that's not for here.

Just popping in randomly...

I really appreciate this project, since Pokemon's a game with strong, memorable melodies and yet no successful representation on OCR to date.

One other thing, though: I imported Pearl back in October. The music in the new games is leagues ahead of any Pokemon game to date, even considering the DS Lite's lacklustre speaker quality. Any of you guys heard some of the new music? I continue to be impressed.

They still use the same old grating "voices" for the older Pokemon, sadly.

I downloaded a torrent of the Super Collection CD that was released a few weeks ago. All of the music. Even the day and night variations.

Too bad I will not be able to buy it when it comes out here. I must wait... wait and wait and wait, until such time as my studying and exams are complete. For I know that once I get the game in my Ds and that DS comes to be in my hands, I will not be able to stop playing it. I will forget important equations, procedures and codes. Yes, that would be bad. I'm not losing a massive pay raise and bonuses to a game.

No, that game will come from said raise and bonuses. Only then...

Woot...

I'm posting an update tomorrow.

also:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/kyeu/public_html/poke/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kyeu/public_html/poke/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kyeu/public_html/poke/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 331

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

That's what I get when I go to the forum.

Woot...

I'm posting an update tomorrow.

also:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/kyeu/public_html/poke/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kyeu/public_html/poke/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kyeu/public_html/poke/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 331

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

That's what I get when I go to the forum.

that happens from time to time, check back in an hour or so, usually, and it's fine.

I have always wondered....since the music from the game comes directly from the anime...wouldn't this rather fall into an "anime remix" rather than a game remix project?

As GSlicer already pointed out, it's quite the opposite: the series uses music from the games. The cartoon was produced and aired two years (April 1997) after the first games came out (February 1995). Most casual and non-fans associate the games and the show because of the heavy marketing during the late 90s. But they are hardly the same thing, just as The Super Mario Bros. Show would be to that line of games.

Now, in all fairness, each new season of the show does use music from the newest games to some degree, but the music in question was originally composed for the games, which are produced and released several months in advance of the show. The show simply reuses the same compositions because it's part of the same overall franchise. But the series, and particularly the movies, do use original themes that do not appear in any of the games.

If you were to raise the matter with any seriousness, you would also have to mention that a variety of the Sonic The Hedgehog music was also used in the Sonic series over the years. As was a lot of the Super Mario Bros. music for the various incarnations of its respective TV shows. And the same goes for the Zelda cartoons. And the Captain N cartoon. And a lot of other shows that are based upon games.

/bored, needed something to do for a few minutes

<Nick> gslicer

<Nick> show me the project track list

<GSlicer> Yes?

<GSlicer> ?

<Nick> pokemon

<GSlicer> One sec, trying to find it.

<GSlicer> http://kyeu.info/poke/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20

<Nick> More than half of blue, yellow, red comes from the anime

<Nick> I can say that without needing to look at each song

<Nick> If you are doing the whole ost, that is

<GSlicer> Are you sure? Didn't the game come way before the anime?

<Nick> ...no

<GSlicer> Pokemon rb: 1996 anime: 1997

<Nick> What I am looking at s that blue has in 96, but that was in Japan

<Nick> Red and yellow came later in japan, instead of red and blue being released at the same time, which is odd but w/e

<Nick> Pokemon was created in 1996 by Nintendo for their best selling portable video game system, "Game Boy". Originally released in Japan, Pokemon are a class of unique little Pocket Monsters that battle each other when instructed to do so by their trainer. The original term for Pokemon was "Poketto Monstaa", the coined Japanese term for Pocket Monster. Soon the Japanese shortened the name to "Pokemon". A Japanese game designer by the name of Satoshi Tajiri invented Pokemon based on childhood memories of collecting bugs in jars and wishing he could make them fight like the monsters in his favorite science fiction movies. The game was so intricate that it took Tajiri six years to develop the Pokemon game. Once released, the rest is history. The overwhelming popularity of the game prompted the creation of a Japanese Pokemon television series and a Japanese Pokemon CollectibleTrading Card Game, both of which also became tremendous succes

<Nick> that works

<GSlicer> According to wikipedia, red and green were released in japan in 1996-02-27. Anime first run: Original Series:

<GSlicer> Japan 1997-04-01 – 2002-11-14

<GSlicer> Oh, wait.

<GSlicer> I found something.

<GSlicer> "The metaseries appeared outside Japan before the video games did"

<Nick> the who did whatsa

<Nick> Ya, we got the anime before the game

<GSlicer> I think in america the anime was released before the game, but the game was developed before the anime.

<Nick> I guess to boost sales of the game

<GSlicer> Aye.

<GSlicer> Anime based on the game, not the other way around.

<Nick> Ya

<Nick> That works

<GSlicer> However, music in gold/silver could have come from the anime.

<GSlicer> I have no idea on that one.

<Iggy_Koopa> the game most likely did come before

G and I covered that about a half hour ago on IRC >.>

Recently, someone from another site, who also is a member here, PMed me about use of the project music for said site.

I brought this to the attention of the staff, and after their comments and ponderings and whatnot, decided to reply not just to the person, but directly to the site in question. I figured that is this person was speaking on behalf of his site, I should just skip the middle man.

Anyway, short version, I politely turned down this request, because of some issues that were brought up during our discussion. Hopefully, there aren't any bad feelings between our two groups. I don't think there should be, but in case there are... well, there's not much I can do about that.

Any way. Carry on.