Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks - History

The Damned

From what I understand, the plan is for Link's Awakening next whenever the background stuff gets done, but after then things get a bit fuzzy as far as what albums come next. There is currently a backlog of albums to be released, which is a first on this scale. I'm not sure that will ever change considering how many album projects on OCR get started.

But I digress - if I had to guess, it'd be January, but I wouldn't place a bet on release time.

• 4 weeks later...

Aw, dudes!

This is just too much! First, the Link's Awakening album, Threshold of a Dream, was released on the 13th, and now the POKEMON album is finished?! Hot diggity-dog!!

I realize it may not be released until, like, the last week of January at the earliest, but this is spectacular!

SOOO looking forward to this!

• 2 weeks later...
I think coinciding with the release of a game in the franchise is the best thing you could do. I don't think it'll be overshadowed. But that's just me.
I agree with this, but I would recommend a day or so earlier than the game release. That way, people will turn to the album to tide themselves over until the game release. Afterwards, not so much.

The day of could be a little tricky, because while you'd have the extra push in publicity, you'd have people wanting to play (and, more importantly, listen to) the game when they got it.

So, March 1st to 5th would be an ideal release time. Tend towards an earlier day in case of Murphy's Law complications.

I agree with this, but I would recommend a day or so earlier than the game release. That way, people will turn to the album to tide themselves over until the game release. Afterwards, not so much.

The day of could be a little tricky, because while you'd have the extra push in publicity, you'd have people wanting to play (and, more importantly, listen to) the game when they got it.

So, March 1st to 5th would be an ideal release time. Tend towards an earlier day in case of Murphy's Law complications.

Agreed - it can be a double-edged blade.

Honestly, I'd rather do it either right away, about a week before March 6th.

First, I can think of releasing it ASAP. Why? Because it's been worked on and ready forever, and people want it. I want to get it out there and not have to deal with it anymore. The anticipation is killing me, and I have all of the music already! I want it over and done with so I can relax, god damn it!

But on the other hand, we have a week before Black and White come out. Why? Because, like some suggested here, it would tie together with the new games coming out. That's what I wanted to do with Diamond and Pearl when they came out in Japan, and then their US release. And then Platinum. And then HeartGold and SoulSilver. Yes, this album was in the works that long...

One week or so gives enough time for everyone to hear about it, download it, and listen to it enough to get sick of it.

But on the other hand, we have a week before Black and White come out. Why? Because, like some suggested here, it would tie together with the new games coming out. That's what I wanted to do with Diamond and Pearl when they came out in Japan, and then their US release. And then Platinum. And then HeartGold and SoulSilver. Yes, this album was in the works that long...

Holy Danm :o

If you count the first year where OmegaDonut was the director, this album has been going on for almost four years. I took over after a year and now we're here!

Yay me? I'd like a "yay me" at least once... :sad:

OK, actually, there was no way in hell we would have made the Diamond and Pearl released dates, because that would have been less than a year in, and we only had about six tracks at that point. Platinum... I've always felt that third versions were more like expansion packs, so I can't really count that as a true release. HeartGold and SoulSilver were doable, but by waiting, we got at least five more remixes, really good ones too. So I guess the wait was worth it.

So yeah. End of February would be fine. That gives a week before the games come out. I'd love to just go right now, but you're right, fitting it in with the new games makes more sense. It also gives more time to get anything else that needs to be done, done.

March 1st works for me, I guess.

Just as long as it's done. This project has actually driven me a bit ragged over the years. Minor stress, some loss of appetite... maybe some hair loss. But as long as it's done, I can finally rest.

OK, who's up for a new project?! I've got this idea for the Game Boy's 25th anniversary that's coming up in 2014...

If it were just 5 days later, just think, we'd be getting it on the same day as Pokemon Black and White.

I'm not entirely sure which one I'd be getting first, if that were the case. Maybe DL it and rock out the tunes on the way to Gamestop.

Not the case, though, I guess, which is probably for the best, actually.

Can't wait!

If it were just 5 days later, just think, we'd be getting it on the same day as Pokemon Black and White.

Hey, I brought it up for that 1-2 punch of POKEMANZ FEVER, but The Damned thinks the co-promotional angle sucks because HE'LL be too busy playing B/W that day and reckons everyone else will be too. I disagree, and think that with the trailer out a week before, we'll get more pimpage of it, BUT we're both somewhat right, and it's not life or death. Just for the record, if there was no Pokemanz game out soon, it would still drop around March given what finished in front of it.

Anyone wanna make a Pokemanz B/W bonus mix in the next month or so? Game's already out in Japan, so the soundtrack is out there.