Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks - History

The Damned

The only thing throwing me off about that is all the pixel stuff in the middle.. wtf is that.. I've never played the old pokemon games though. :-)

hey, why is there an egg at the top of the mountain? that's really weird...(BS's comment on the artwork for the Link's Awakening project)

you've gotta think before you type, man :<

hey, why is there an egg at the top of the mountain? that's really weird...(BS's comment on the artwork for the Link's Awakening project)

you've gotta think before you type, man :<

I don't have to think before I type. My actual comment was "That is incredibly impressive, great work. The.. mountain tip looks a little weird though.. and has spots on it.."

I was referring to your artwork looking like a spotted penis.

toadcoversketch2.jpg

It's the original MissigNo Sprite in the original game

Thanks for clarifying that. Never played any of the pokemon's, so as an outside observer which many who listen to this album may be, I thought it was a little strange. :-P

Thanks for clarifying that. Never played any of the pokemon's, so as an outside observer which many who listen to this album may be, I thought it was a little strange. :-P

Well artistically speaking it definitely clashes, so without that background information I understand your confusion.

Anywho, I guess I should compile a list of questions I need answered in this post. This is my first contribution to OCRemix and I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, so yeah.

1: How big does the picture need to be?

2: Will I need to make multiple pieces of promotional artwork including the cover art?

3: Will any of this artwork ever be printed anywhere? such as on CD's? This will give me a better idea as to how I should go about preparing the final piece.

4: I know pixel art is being discouraged, but in the case of the MissingNo sprite, it's kinda hard to avoid. After all, it's just a jumbled mess of pixels. So can I use the MissingNo sprite itself or will I need to re-create it somehow?

5: Is this album connected to any one version or generation of Pokemon games or is it just an overall Pokemon album?

6: I know this question is a little odd considering my sudden involvement with this project, but is it possible for me to join the project's forum in order to more directly communicate with others working on this project? Though I also wonder if it would matter, since I can talk to you guys on this forum just fine. Just a though.

In addition, any and all comments and criticism on any and all of my submissions would be greatly appreciated. The more feedback I get, the better chances I have of bringing you guys a more refined cover piece. ;)

"That is incredibly impressive, great work. The.. mountain tip looks a little weird though.. and has spots on it.."

which is the hilarious thing, because it was such a stupid comment. i mean, do you really think someone would paint a nice picture for us by hand and then shit on one big section right in the middle?

Not to be an ass (even though I actually am one), but shouldn't the Link's Awakening album stuff go in the Link's Awakening album thread?

I think they were just messing around and it came up in this thread for some reason. It's been in the other thread for a while now.

Anywho, anybody have answers for my questions in the previous page? Kindof important.;-)

The following people need to submit their "pokédex" entry to Cerrax at some point. Just look at the other to get an idea for what to write.

GenericAsianGuy

andyjayne

Chrono26

chthonic

Fishy

gslicer

halc

Jaroban

pu_freak

Rozovian

tweek

Nothing to fancy, just a little blurb about yourself, Doesn't have to be super-accurate, but it does have to be done. If not, Cerrax and myself will start making things up for them. Things like "enjoys BDSM" and "once raped himself with another persons hand", maybe even "convicted felon in eight countries".

The following people need to submit their "pokédex" entry to Cerrax at some point. Just look at the other to get an idea for what to write.

Rozovian

Nothing to fancy, just a little blurb about yourself, Doesn't have to be super-accurate, but it does have to be done. If not, Cerrax and myself will start making things up for them. Things like "enjoys BDSM" and "once raped himself with another persons hand", maybe even "convicted felon in eight countries".

Cerrax has pms.

I mean, he has mine in his inbox.

Is there a more appropriate way of saying I've given him mine?

Yeah I had Rozo's stuff inside me--I mean....in my box--uhh..... turned in to me for a while.

I have also received andyjayne's stuff. So the rest of you better hurry up, because I think Damned is getting a little too excited about writing his own bios for people.....

I sent PM's on OCR to everyone on that list and only a few have responded so far.

I guess I should compile a list of questions I need answered in this post. This is my first contribution to OCRemix and I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, so yeah.

1: How big does the picture need to be?

2: Will I need to make multiple pieces of promotional artwork including the cover art?

3: Will any of this artwork ever be printed anywhere? such as on CD's? This will give me a better idea as to how I should go about preparing the final piece.

4: I know pixel art is being discouraged, but in the case of the MissingNo sprite, it's kinda hard to avoid. After all, it's just a jumbled mess of pixels. So can I use the MissingNo sprite itself or will I need to re-create it somehow?

5: Is this album connected to any one version or generation of Pokemon games or is it just an overall Pokemon album?

6: I know this question is a little odd considering my sudden involvement with this project, but is it possible for me to join the project's forum in order to more directly communicate with others working on this project? Though I also wonder if it would matter, since I can talk to you guys on this forum just fine. Just a though.

In addition, any and all comments and criticism on any and all of my submissions would be greatly appreciated. The more feedback I get, the better chances I have of bringing you guys a more refined cover piece. ;)

I hate to be a nuisance, but I can't exactly help unless I get some answers. :???:

One of our in-group artists has submitted what will be the final album art. I've decided to use it because of several factors:

1. The artist was with us earlier, and has already done some of our artwork.

2. The project is dragging on long enough as it is, so a final design is ready and just needs to be polished up a bit.

3. The cover in question has most of the required elements I've asked for, and is pretty much ideal.

Thank you for your effort, but we aren't going to need any other artwork at the moment. Thanks, any way.

• 2 weeks later...