C&C Mechanical Man remix - Somethingwave

OmegaBolt

Hello all. This is a track I made for the TS mod Twisted Insurrection, set in a post apocalyptic future and part of a soundtrack that features about 50+ tracks made by lots of different artists covering all sorts of hard electronic sounds I can't even name the genre of. So that's a little context.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what you think and whether it's worthy of OCRemix at all!

That synthesizer on the background around 0:55 sounds like the main theme... but I can't quite make it out because that bass and synth on the foreground you've got going from the beginning drones it out. That same motif also makes it really, really repetitive. I love Mechanical Man and I reall, really want to like this. But right now I'm barely hearing anything from save for that synth.

Oh, and seriously minus points for no Mechanical Man. Disembodied voices need some love too man :'(

[EDIT] That Act on Insurrection mix vibes a bit more with me IMHO...

6 minutes ago, BorgMan said:

Oh, and seriously minus points for no Mechanical Man. Disembodied voices need some love too man :'(

I guess you mean the voice sample? There is in the last 45 seconds. That is the biggest homage to the original.

With the rest of the track I didn't want it to be too similar because I want to stop doing what are basically covers and actually do remixes, which IMO should be taking ideas from the original but not try to simply reproduce the track, which is what I've done on a number of tunes already. So hear I wanted to take the riff and do something else, though it's still identifiably based on Mechanical Man if you know the original/are into the games/this mod, (or listen to the last bit. :P )

Thanks for your thoughts!