Phantasy Star Online - Chaotic Bar ReMix

Ryan Jobson

Hello OCR!

Gosh, it's been a stone's age since I've last been here. That's bad :( And it's what happens when you don't make music for a long time! Anyway, I'm changing that, and I'm back with a new remix to share! This time I decided to go with Phantasy Star Online - Chaotic Bar! aka, the item shop.

Because it's been a while since my last remix, I decided I would do more of a remake / remastered version rather than a traditional OCR style remix, but I guess it still counts as a remix as I've built the entire song from the ground up, listening to the original track and picked out the parts by ear. It was also a fantastic ear training exercise as it was a difficult song to pick out all the details. As such, it's not unique enough to submit as an OCR remix, and that's fine by me. I would still love to hear what you guys think of it, specifically on the mixing and production side because that's what I was worried about the most.

Anyway, I'm happy to be back on this site and really hope you guys enjoy this one. :)

Cheers,

Ryan (aka Syllix)

I love this. And I think that's a strong word. This brings back so many good memories, and the transition at 0:42 is so smooth and makes the song sound so full and hopeful. The samples you used are well picked and fit the techno-futuristic game style, but still are quality and new enough to boldly classify this as a remix. I will be listening to this on my drive back today to really get a feel for the bass and background sounds. Thanks for cheering me up today, keep on mixing.

Edit: Just as a side-note, I did listen to this a on better speakers and noticed a very prominent bass <50 hz rattling the place. The sound may be smooth but it's a little loud in the lower (more felt than heard) frequencies, making it difficult to listen to at higher volumes.