Chronopolis: Music Inspired by Chrono Cross - History

prophetik music

newcomer @Earth Kid comes through with a killer wip of fields of time! really impressive stuff, filling a big hole for a folky sound on a great track.

that puts us at 25 tracks total! the remaining mixers are all solid folks that i trust to complete stuff (or total newcomers i barely know!), so we're still in a good place right now. i'll be following up with people i haven't heard from in a bit next week.

• 2 weeks later...

got a final version from blind for his chronopolis track, and just need a wav to finish that one off. additionally, i put in some serious time and crunched out the vocal processing for my distant promise collab, so right now that just needs some more attention on the mastering and it's done as well. lastly, i heard a near-finished version of jellyfish sea. so we've got several that are closing in on being done. hopefully all three will be done before the end of the calendar year.

i've received final waves from avaris and blind, so those are done. here's the state of what's left.

• wiesty is harassing the last performer to get parts in for his jazz mix
  • jorito's finishing up a final pass on his mix of reminiscing, and also worked up a synthwave (!!!) remix of his remix (!!!) that'll go on the fire album
  • earth kid sent me a great wip for fields of time, so waiting on her to keep moving on that
  • i'm doing final passes on distant promise/garden of gods and the instrumental version of radical dreamers (btw, we're doing an instrumental version of radical dreamers)
  • jeremy fed me a fun upbeat mix of termina - another world. waiting to hear where he takes that track

i am considering an instrumental version of distant promise/garden of gods as well, but the style means that the lead instrument would need to be something like a trumpet or horn. not sure i can find someone to play it, so probably gonna shelve that idea.

3 hours ago, prophetik music said:

i am considering an instrumental version of distant promise/garden of gods as well, but the style means that the lead instrument would need to be something like a trumpet or horn. not sure i can find someone to play it, so probably gonna shelve that idea.

I've worked with @JohnStacy on some tracks for Secret of Mana before. For one he provided cornet, for the other a full orchestral brass section (sans tuba). His primary instrument is (jazz) French horn, so he'd probably be great on this. I can recommend him, and can even try to point him here :)

17 hours ago, Jorito said:

I've worked with @JohnStacy on some tracks for Secret of Mana before. For one he provided cornet, for the other a full orchestral brass section (sans tuba). His primary instrument is (jazz) French horn, so he'd probably be great on this. I can recommend him, and can even try to point him here :)

i thought he was a trombonist, not a multi-instrumentalist. maybe i will pursue this after all =)

i finished up the final cut of the instrumental version of radical dreamers, with @Chris ~ Amaterasu on the violin as the lead instrument. it sounds great! i also got in touch with JohnStacy and he fed me some delicious horn lead for the instrumental version of the distant promise/garden of gods collab. some more touch-up there (i tuned up the clean part and forgot to do the same to the room recording, so it sounds absurdly out of tune now randomly) and a bit of balancing and that'll be done too.

i also sent out nastygrams to everyone that i haven't heard from in a while. hoping to clean this up by the end of january if possible - we're so close!

the vocal version of the distant promise/garden of gods collab is done (pending me uploading the wav i already have to my google drive), and @Jorito's original version of his track is also done pending him delivering me a wav. i've also heard versions of both the OC Jazz Collective's track and @Earth Kid's track that are just waiting on tiny mastering fixes. we may indeed make it to the end of january with all tracks done =D

My 2 tracks for this album are also already in the queue, hope to see them on the site somewhere later this year! hope more people also submit theirs.

For newer remixers: being on an OCR album doesn't automatically imply your track will get posted to the OCR front page; for that you'd still have to submit and pass your track by the J's. I noticed that this wasn't fully clear to everyone when I was directing the Secret of Mana album.

I was thinking about submitting mine, but I have a feeling between the sample used, the composition, and given how far the idea of OCR-quality has come since the last time I submitted a track, that it'd be a mistake. Don't get me wrong, I like my song and I look forward to getting to post it on my Youtube channel, but I don't feel it's above the proverbial bar when listening to OCR tracks that are similar in nature to my track.

geoffrey taucer had to drop his track due to being too busy to complete it in the near future, so Termina ~ Another World is back up and available. additionally, i received final versions from jorito for his original track, wiesty for the OC Jazz Collective track, and Earth Kid for her arrangement of Fields of Time.

this means that as of right now all remixers (not named prophetik music) are done!

i've got minimal work to do on mine and also some admin stuff still to make sure that the submission package is ready. i've been in contact with one person about a possible mix but they said not to hold the project up for them, but we do indeed still have room for a fast track if someone got inspired and fired it out in the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

i finished up the last of the tweaks to the instrumental version of distant promise/garden of gods, so at this point i'm just waiting on a single last track from @Earth Kid and @Jorito before we call the music done. there's still some admin stuff to handle that i'm pecking away at, but once that's done, we're good =D

another termina (with a touch of marbule!) is taken by @Earth Kid and @Jorito, in a funky electronica/ethnic hybrid! this will be the last track and they're speeding through it, so hopefully the next news will be that it's finished and we're prepping the last of the admin stuff. i did convert and tag all 27 tracks we have so far, and we've compiled the last of the art that we need, so we're just about there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Chronopolis: Music Inspired by Chrono Cross - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic