Chronopolis: Music Inspired by Chrono Cross - History

prophetik music

i neglected to post that @Tuberz McGee and i are doing a powermetal arrangement of Scars of Time. no one'd picked it up and there's no chance i'm ignoring that one. basically, i rewrote it while thinking "what would dragonforce do?" the entire time, and the result was exactly what you'd expect. the arrangement's done and tuberz has the stems, so hopefully we'll have an update soon.

also, with posting that, we are officially at 20 tracks claimed with a wip! i haven't heard from one or two people in some time so they may not make it, but we do currently have eight tracks done and four more that are either nearly done or just waiting on a collaborator to finish up, so we're in a great place for being not quite seven months in. i've updated the project title accordingly. i have also updated the first post with new guidelines for how to reserve a track, since now we're looking at track lengths and not going over for each disc's overall time.

@Ophanin dished me TWO more wips, one for Grief (!!!!!!!!) and one for Prisoners of Fate! i cannot believe what he managed to do with 20 seconds of mitsuda noodling with a vox soundfont, it's a real standout. additionally, @Peíorele gave me some great news re: her track for Island of the Earth Dragon, and i'm excited to hear what she's got going on there.

additionally, as of today, Dead Sea is available again. @Kat has been MIA for about five months and unfortunately that's just too long for me to keep the track saved. i'd be happy to use kat's wip again if they become available again but i need contact occasionally so i know what's up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 9:03 PM, prophetik music said:

a distant promise is now taking by myself and a few collaborators. hoping to do a metal/orchestral take on it, a la nightwish or epica.

i'm including garden of gods in this, since i used the melody of that to make this less like radical dreamers =) it's not really nightwishy as i had expected but it indeed includes rockin' guitars and an operatic singer, so there's that!

artwork is coming along. i have also been progressing on my garden of gods/distant promise collab with @Cyril the Wolf and another, and we've got the structure down to the point where the basic background is with cyril to get some guitars recorded.

we still have some great tracks! i'd love to see Dimensional Breach covered before we release =)

• 2 weeks later...

some updates:

• artwork is coming along well. i have four artists that i recruited from DeviantArt working on cover art, inside label art, some art for the website, and the two back labels (one for each disc). i still need someone to do the disc art, but the idea i have is fairly simple and i'll likely ask whomever finishes first if they're interested in realizing it. i have demos for three of these and finished for two more, and everyone's been in contact with me with updated WiPs in the last month or so.
  • i have parts out to @Cyril the Wolf for distant promise/garden of gods. once i get his recorded parts, i'll have our singer record, and then we'll be onto final arrangement tweaks and mastering. we've spent some serious time getting the lyrics just right for this one, so i'm excited about how it will turn out.
  • i have vocal parts for radical dreamers from @DragonAvenger and i'm just doing the final tweaks there. i think this one will be buttoned up within the week.
  • the death volcano track is almost there - one more slight adjustment to balances and i think it's done.
  • i've had recent updates on the remaining four of five tracks that are active right now, so we're still on track for having most of the audio done by the end of october.
thanks to everyone's hard work! we're on the home stretch right now so i'm excited to power through and finish up the project in under a year since this was started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Steven Melin comes through with an incredibly beautiful arrangement of one of my favorite OST tracks of all time, Dimensional Breach! it's done so i'm marking it as such.

edit: that puts us at 18/23 tracks! we're doing well. waiting on avaris, blind, wiesty and company, chris (for the instrumental version of Radical Dreamers), and the singer for my distant promise collab =)

33 minutes ago, prophetik music said:

@Steven Melin comes through with an incredibly beautiful arrangement of one of my favorite OST tracks of all time, Dimensional Breach! it's done so i'm marking it as such.

edit: that puts us at 18/23 tracks! we're doing well. waiting on avaris, blind, wiesty and company, chris (for the instrumental version of Radical Dreamers), and the singer for my distant promise collab =)

Thanks prophetik! I had a blast arranging it. I look forward to hearing the final release :)

quick update - 

our cover art is done! and in the first post to get you excited =)

shaun's track is nearing completion. heard another wip last night and it's a great chilled-out track with fun vocals layered in. i talked to blind a few weeks ago and he's chugging along. the collab on Distant Promise is almost there - just waiting for the singer's audio guy to send me a better render of the vocals, and we'll be off to the races there. lastly, wiesty and company are almost done with their jazzy mega-collab as well.

we're so close! just gotta finish off a few more tracks =)

• Liontamer changed the title to Chronopolis: Music Inspired by Chrono Cross - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic