legend of dragoon

sephiroth incarnate

omfg that would be awesome, 10 points on the respect score for both of you, but i'd rather see lavitz leave a bastard son, that would seem cooler to me

Unfortunately the heroes are widespread and unable to unite right away, and at the same time, Dart's son and Miranda's daughter end up getting captured by Dark Elves (who my friend and I decided to turn into a big evil race that helps support Lord Vendrakken.)

Anyways, somehow along the way, since the heroes believe all is lost, but Dart's son had a strange encounter with a Virage (Who was not under Frauma's control). The virage said that there was a handfull of other Virage who were never assimilated into the Winglie's ranks, because they had severed their ties from the Virage Embryo. The hero's children (who are in their teens) then become *gasp* "Viragian Martyrs"...I know I know that's incredibly lame...but at least its semi original >.<

It's a pretty weak storyline since I'm not a stalwart writer, but hey...it's a start. But I have no idea as to how I can submit the script on this forum =/. And if this inspires any1 to improve upon this or even take my idea and create a GOOD script, by all means go ahead...all I care about is a sequal to LoD, not who MADE it :D

omfg that would be awesome, 10 points on the respect score for both of you, but i'd rather see lavitz leave a bastard son, that would seem cooler to me

Thank you very much~ >D The fact that you started this thread brought me to repect you greatly from the start~ I wish there was more feedback on people promising to do remixes, though. I've had an insatiable longing for new Legend of Dragoon remixes, and after searching all over the internet, I could only find three complete ones. Any other places you suggest I could look? D:

...Lavitz's ship sailed away. TT__TT

LAVITZ WILL NEVER DIE!!! HE'S THE MALE HETEROSEXUAL EQUIVALENT TO AERIS, BUT ACTUALLY USEFUL TO THE PARTY!!!

ok now that i got that out of the system, i have yet to see any remix of LoD since i pretty much use this site exclusively for remixes

it would be tough to make a sequel to LoD, however i can definately see a lot of possibilities for prequels (don't get me wrong a sequel is not out of question by a long shot). i can see a prequel of the original dragon campaign, i can see alternate scenarios like a rogue wingly who wants to side with the humans, the dragoons previous to the ones mentioned (could say that the dragon chooses the dragoon) there were dragoons no one knew about (say like there were many MANY different types of dragons, but the ones that had the dragoon spirits were more easily tamed), etc.

LAVITZ WILL NEVER DIE!!! HE'S THE MALE HETEROSEXUAL EQUIVALENT TO AERIS, BUT ACTUALLY USEFUL TO THE PARTY!!!

ok now that i got that out of the system, i have yet to see any remix of LoD since i pretty much use this site exclusively for remixes

it would be tough to make a sequel to LoD, however i can definately see a lot of possibilities for prequels (don't get me wrong a sequel is not out of question by a long shot). i can see a prequel of the original dragon campaign, i can see alternate scenarios like a rogue wingly who wants to side with the humans, the dragoons previous to the ones mentioned (could say that the dragon chooses the dragoon) there were dragoons no one knew about (say like there were many MANY different types of dragons, but the ones that had the dragoon spirits were more easily tamed), etc.

Eee~! I always used Aerith, right up until her end, and I did just fine! >__<!!

Acutally, would THAT be a good idea for a sequal? Telling a story of, like say, that painter girl, who searches for Lavitz?

Oooh...I'd love to read/play/whatever a sequal from Guaraha's perspective...! :'D! <3333

Do you want the three I found? They're quite good. ^_^ There's a techno remix of "Royal Castle" (which isn't really what I've been looking for. :/ ), a remix of "Wingly Forest", and one of the Mille Seseau map theme.

ooooh i like the mille seseau theme, it makes me sleepy

send links!!! XD

and aerith didn't do enough damage that early in the game to fully utilize her in a party (forgive the earlier stated aeris comment i made i keep forgetting the translation error) if she managaed to live until later in the game then she would be useful beyond compare...but unfortunately she didn't

(i still cry watching her die though, so please don't confuse me with a aerith hater)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My siblings say that I should go into remixing cause of my "sense for good music, and remixes" but all I got is frickin' GarageBand that ain't worth salt.

Either way, since I don't know the titles, I'm just going to go by what http://bluelaguna.net/music/lodost/mp3s.php has for them.

I could really see a "Lloyd's Theme" with either "Dead City" or "Forbidden Land" or even both.

"Royal Castle" and "Ghost Ship" would make for an interesting mix, "Hokes Village" and "Silver Land" or "Imperial Capital Kazas" and "Grassy Plains" even.

"A Dragon Killed in Action" could be a remix all it's own, I'm 90% certain.

Just throwing out some ideas.

i noticed that this thread alone prompted 3 new members at least, so i must not be the only one who is thinking that a few LoD remixes would be awesome. we have 1 person for sure seriously trying to make a decent remix, but i think we can do better. feel the love people and if you have the skills to remix, than by all means do it and help make the music of LoD be known.

I lack the technical skills for a decent remix, so I'll stick to promoting the cause and supplying fan-art. It's all I'm good at. :'3

"Royal Castle" and "Ghost Ship"...? Wow; I'd never given that any thought at all. I was wanting "Royal Castle" all on its lonesome...you know, as an orchestral piece or something for a single instrument.

Oh Heavens. Can you imagine how it would sound on an armonica? You know the one, that instrument Benjamin Franklin invented? I get chills just thinking about it.

I love this game and the music from it.

Whenever I get a new computer, which will be soon, I'm planning on remixing at least two of the songs from this game.

I know for a fact that one of them will be the 2nd World Map, Tiberoa. I love that song.

The other would either be the 3rd Boss Battle Music, the rockin' one.. or the Royal Castle theme.

Beautiful game.

I love this game and the music from it.

Whenever I get a new computer, which will be soon, I'm planning on remixing at least two of the songs from this game.

I know for a fact that one of them will be the 2nd World Map, Tiberoa. I love that song.

The other would either be the 3rd Boss Battle Music, the rockin' one.. or the Royal Castle theme.

Beautiful game.

if i had the luxury of choosing which songs had to be remixed i would choose those as well, but as a LoD lover i have to stay impartial because at this point any song from LoD would be an improvement

man, I forgot all about this thread... it's still going I see. awesome! because LoD needs at LEAST one remix on here. now, unfortunately, I lack the means make a remix (which is probably for the best anyways) however, I fully support anyone who is able to make one.

I'll try to be of some use... maybe... I could give some suggestions as to what I think would sound good in a particular remix? (yes?... no?...)

I'm starting a chill mix of World Map 2.... Its not going to be very well 'arranged', probably very much a midirip, but I can SO hear this in my style. So dnt expect it on OCR, but I'l whip out something within the next 2 days

thx man, i'm looking forward too it. And when/if I can buy Fruitloops and have a decent comp to run it, I'll try my hand at Legend of Dragoon music too.

:P Well you'l be happy to know Iv started and its actually flowing quite well (at least on EARphones, havnt had time on speakers yet... ). Keeping the piano/string sound, with a different texture... 24 hours from now I'l post a sample (It might be really teasing though)

Got kinda lucky actually: I made up like 3-4 instruments and made a really crappy simple loop, and was going to give up, because I relised my 'mix' idea was pretty much the original song with newer sounds and stronger drum beat. Then for some reason, I tried a bass rhythm that forced me to 150% the time signature. Now I have a punnet (i was gonna say bunch, but i dont have that many) of ideas, and arrangment is becoming more detailed... this may turn into a proper mix after all!

I was about to upload it when my parents left my house for a bit, so I checked it out on speakers...

No one hears this shit. Not yet.

Its really quite nice, on earphones.... but i need to properly fix balance with bass etc before I upload this for you guys.

Is it OCRemix material? Hmm... I think the arrangment is liberal but still true to the source, and I can get sound quality to an acceptable level... Its going to be submit-able, thats for sure :D

Sorry to tempt you guys like this, and I hope the end product is worth it in your opinions.... honestly, I love this peice, and Iv only worked on it like what... 4-5 hours?

Ok well, I did what I could in the 10 minutes I had alone, before my parents came back, thinking I'l work on it over the weekend. Wrong. My parents have decided they want to stay at my place til next Friday. That means no speakers, no mastering, only earphone work, and that means innaccurate. So rather than do no work on it for over a week, then work on it, finding I'v lost my passion, and then fucking it up, I thought I'd save you all the time and just post what I got. Opinions will be noted, so comment away: I am still thinking of cleaning it up eventually, mabey submitting it (sorry my parents deciding to stay a week has killed my musical/life drive for the moment.....)....

http://vmeissner.googlepages.com/VQ-WornOutShoes.mp3

I like the visual: for some reason I can see a group of hero's braving the elements and attempting to travel by foot through the wilderness in terrible conditions (for some reason, I keep seeing a snowstorm on a mountain path) just to get to the next township...

Hope you guys like it, comment away.. and if you want, recommend me another song that might work in a similiar style (I only listened to 2 songs before finding World map 2) i'l see if i'm inspired...

very nice work! I think it would have a good chance getting past the judges. it sounds great, and it's different enough from the original to qualify. keep up the good work!

as for another song that might work in a similar style... how 'bout ruined Celes? I think that could work... or maybe Twilight of Rose?... yup. I could see those working in a chill type mix. (they can both be found at http://bluelaguna.net/music/lodost/mp3s.php if you didn't already know)

omg, regardless if this gets accepted by the panel i'm so pleased by the results of this mix, for other songs that can be remixed that have a smooth calming ambience i would suggest the following: world map 3

ending

requiem

twilight of rose

dragon killed in action

sorrow

together in peace with you

peace between hills

grassy plains

(or if you're feeling ambitious enough to try a vocal mix) if you still believe

my ideas of soothing may be a bit diiferent than other people's, but all of them i would consider being a good mix is in there