The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

It's so close now, do you guys remember when it was first announced in 2004? I almost wet myself when saw the video. My reaction could be compared to the press at the conference.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=470102112055656922&q=Zelda+2004++e3

Yeah, I couldn't beleive my eyes. Damn, I got goosebumps from watching this video now, it brought back those feelings. Awesome.

I bought the game cube specifically for this game. I have yet to play a game I like on the cube, not counting games that are also available on other systems.

What crappy games are you playing? I know the GC is a bit game straved, but there are some real gems in there.

I don't give a damn about storyline reasons for him being right-handed, it's a matter of principle that Link is left handed. He's left-handed in Brawl, isn't he? It was always something I could connect with in him as a character... I'll deal with right-handedness, I just wish Nintendo had given me an option...
Most incarnations of Link are left-handed.

Most, not all. I guess the option would've been nice, but wouldn't it conflict with cutscenes and what not? I mean, when drawing the master sword, they'd have to alter the cutscene... I guess an option would be doable and good.

Wikipedia is wrong. Every single Link was intended to be left-handed. The only time Link isn't left-handed is due to sprite-flipping in LoZ, LttP, and the handheld games. Other than that, Link is always a lefty.

I still don't think the right-hand/left-hand thing is a big deal. What a retarded thing to talk about. Even if you swing the remote with your left hand, Link will still attack. It's not like you aren't going to be able to play. Quit whining over such a small and stupid superficial thing.

Then stop talking about it. This isn't whining, this is discussing the character of Link and how his left-handedness (or lack thereof) affects his relationship to the player.

I don't give a damn about storyline reasons for him being right-handed, it's a matter of principle that Link is left handed. He's left-handed in Brawl, isn't he? It was always something I could connect with in him as a character... I'll deal with right-handedness, I just wish Nintendo had given me an option...

Most, not all. I guess the option would've been nice, but wouldn't it conflict with cutscenes and what not? I mean, when drawing the master sword, they'd have to alter the cutscene... I guess an option would be doable and good.

Wikipedia is wrong. Every single Link was intended to be left-handed. The only time Link isn't left-handed is due to sprite-flipping in LoZ, LttP, and the handheld games. Other than that, Link is always a lefty.

Uhh... So he's not a lefty in those game right? He's at least ambidexter. My point is that Link, as a character, does not have the fact that he's a lefty or righty defined.

Uhh... So he's not a lefty in those game right? He's at least ambidexter. My point is that Link, as a character, does not have the fact that he's a lefty or righty defined.

He's left-handed when facing three of the four cardinal directions. The only time he isn't is when he's facing east due to sprite flipping issues. Miyamoto is a lefty, and rumors are out there (I haven't been able to find anything concrete yet) that Link's name comes from linkshandig, German for left-handed. I'm pretty sure he's intended to be left-handed no matter what.

My major complaint isn't that he's right-handed in Twilight Princess - that just makes sense for the mostly right-handed population. My problem is that there's no option to change him back to a lefty.

He's left-handed when facing three of the four cardinal directions. The only time he isn't is when he's facing east due to sprite flipping issues. Miyamoto is a lefty, and rumors are out there (I haven't been able to find anything concrete yet) that Link's name comes from linkshandig, German for left-handed. I'm pretty sure he's intended to be left-handed no matter what.

My major complaint isn't that he's right-handed in Twilight Princess - that just makes sense for the mostly right-handed population. My problem is that there's no option to change him back to a lefty.

This makes sense since The Legend of Zelda was inspired by Miyamoto's childhood. So I don't doubt that he was intentionally left-handed because he is too.

This makes sense since The Legend of Zelda was inspired by Miyamoto's childhood. So I don't doubt that he was intentionally left-handed because he is too.

And here i was thinking that he got his name because he was the link between you and the world, since Link isn't the hero. The player is.

wait Miyamoto ran around in tights and a green tunic?

And here i was thinking that he got his name because he was the link between you and the world, since Link isn't the hero. The player is.

Just a rumor, nothing confirmed. But I like where this thread is going. Might I mention that Tatl and Tael's names combined are also a pun?

Just a rumor, nothing confirmed. But I like where this thread is going. Might I mention that Tatl and Tael's names combined are also a pun?

I just wanted to contribute to this ever growing spiral of replies.

WHOAH! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? THAT JUST TOTALLY ROCKED MY WORLD!

On a more serious note, lots of series' have these little quirks which remain consistent through the series. Not quite a running gag, not quite a story element, not quite anything important, yet I always find they add something to the series when you recognize them.

Does Link have to be left-handed? No. It makes no difference. But he's Link. Link is left-handed. It's what we're used to, and those of us who noticed that he's always left handed I'm sure took some small pride in noticing this detail. I'm not going to write hate mail to nintendo about it, but it is sort of dissappointing that they've abandoned this quirk.

OH SNAP, wolf Link howls, kinda like the music portions of the past games.

http://wii.gamedaily.com/game/features/?gameid=5333&id=447&page=2

"Then there's the howling. At specific points in the game, wolf Link has the ability to set events in motion through howling, similar to the way he unlocked things by creating music in The Wind Waker. The game plays out a tune, and then the player has to mimic the howl by manoeuvring a cursor along a pitch meter that runs high, medium, and low."

Article is a nice read, has spoilers and the link links to the second page.