The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Wouldn't it be kind of difficult, considering you have multiple moves? And the 3D environment? It's not like an enemy is either in the path of your sword beam or it's not. What if your sword beam grazed the enemy? What is the enemy was low sitting?

Then only use the sword beams when locked on, and every time you swing a beam goes out at the enemy you're locked onto. Problem solved.

Wouldn't it be kind of difficult, considering you have multiple moves? And the 3D environment? It's not like an enemy is either in the path of your sword beam or it's not. What if your sword beam grazed the enemy? What is the enemy was low sitting?

Then only use the sword beams when locked on, and every time you swing a beam goes out at the enemy you're locked onto. Problem solved.

:nicework:

But to be effective, wouldn't the lock on have to be from far away? That might cause problems. :?

But to be effective, wouldn't the lock on have to be from far away? That might cause problems. :?

Think of Fierce Diety Link's lock-on shot from Majora's Mask. Remember how it moved slowly enough to where you still had to get close, but fast enough to where you didn't have to be point-blank. In reality, it's just a matter of balancing the speed of the projectile.

Then again, swordbeams would sort of take away the awesomeness of the arrows in combat, which was one of my favorite ways of fighting in OoT.

Just to let you guys know we got a hotmail today at Game Crazy saying that Nintendo has cut the allocations on Zelda (almost in half) and that not even preorders are guaranteed a copy on launch day. Better get there early to get one.

EDIT: That's the Wii version.

Just to let you guys know we got a hotmail today at Game Crazy saying that Nintendo has cut the allocations on Zelda (almost in half) and that not even preorders are guaranteed a copy on launch day. Better get there early to get one.

EDIT: That's the Wii version.

WHAT.... dont they know that they will need about one game for every wii they sell...

Well, there would need to be limitations to the sword beam. After all, even on the old games, it was easy for enemies to evade them if they were far away, and they didn't do as much damage as actual sword contact, at least on ALTTP. Hell, if it hit the enemy flawlessly, it would be an unfair advantage.

It's still more effective to get in close. It would just be a cool add-on, but it probably isn't there anyway, so I'm not too concerned about it. I mean, have any editors even gotten close to that Master Sword yet?

But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for sword upgrades. You know, visiting the blacksmith, getting that sword stronger, and hearing "Whooosh" instead of "swiiish." Maybe throw it in a fairy fountain and turn it gold too. I doubt it.

Okay, more importantly, I'm going to give the biggest reason as to why I'm so excited about this obviously fucking awesome game:

Nintendo have said that this game explains the various

Zelda storylines and how they all tie together. We've been given clues, and we've also heard that the game takes place twenty-something years after Ocarina of Time. We have also seen the Master Sword, in all its glory, sitting in some woods that look peculiarly like those in A Link To The Past (I've heard this Link is from an earlier time in Hyrule). And what about the opening story in the Wind Waker when it says 'But the Hero of Time never returned'?

And what about Saria and the Kokiri children, and all those other characters. Maybe you'll see them later. That would be cool as hell.

Anybody up for some serious speculation? Ridiculous assumptions are welcome.

here are my two favorite shots from the trailer, mostly because they seem pretty important

Concurred, about the first image. I just watched the trailer twice, really noticed that "scene" the second time even though I already liked it, in the one second it shows, the first time. Then I saw your post and for some reason had 100% perfect confidence that the first image would be what it is. I mainly just like the design of the character, and how mysterious those all those dark looking creatures are actually. This is why I don't like to think of theories. I might come to close to guessing why things are the way they are, therefore making them less mysterious. And that's why my life is better than everyone's.

here are my two favorite shots from the trailer, mostly because they seem pretty important

Concurred, about the first image. I just watched the trailer twice, really noticed that "scene" the second time even though I already liked it, in the one second it shows, the first time. Then I saw your post and for some reason had 100% perfect confidence that the first image would be what it is. I mainly just like the design of the character, and how mysterious those all those dark looking creatures are actually. This is why I don't like to think of theories. I might come to close to guessing why things are the way they are, therefore making them less mysterious. And that's why my life is better than everyone's.

Who is that first character? (not midna, I'm talking about the one with his/her back turned)

Who is that first character? (not midna, I'm talking about the one with his/her back turned)

I dunno girl, but she 'bout to get bitchslapped yo.

Anyway, I won't do serious storyline speculation. I did it a long time ago. Plus there are too many theories in my head and only ONE's correct, so no thx.