The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Not to derail the thread, but I think this would be a good place to ask. Is Termina some kind of alternate Hyrule, or is it just another place in the Zelda world?

Alternate Hyrule.

I never played MM and I wish I could.

Virtual Console!!

and

Stop looking for continuity in these games, dammit.

Listen to the man.

NO.

What he said. :P

There is a continuity. It just isn't a "continuous" one, if you get what I'm saying. Most of the games don't flow directly into each other (ignoring the OoT->MM->TP->WW streak, and even they aren't completely continuous), but the overall story is connected.

NO.

What he said. :P

There is a continuity. It just isn't a "continuous" one, if you get what I'm saying. Most of the games don't flow directly into each other (ignoring the OoT->MM->TP->WW streak, and even they aren't completely continuous), but the overall story is connected.

My guess is, they will continue releasing games to connect the previous games, so the gaps are a bit shorter. :)

Just a guess though.

See, all I'm saying is, is you cats are looking for continuity in a game series that isn't really meant to have much in the way of continuity.
Well, the first two were continuity-friendly. After that, it was all downhill. I would enjoy some connections, but that's not likely to happen.

See, all I'm saying is, is you cats are looking for continuity in a game series that isn't really meant to have much in the way of continuity.

It's like your making a sandwich out of Q-Tips and Vanilla Coke.

Goddammit, my posts explain everything! Miyamoto has claimed he and Aonuma made a master document with the storyline round the time Oot was released. So there is a storyline, and we are getting it and there is continuity!

D:<

This is silly.

It is all continuous. You got LINK, ZELDA, HYRULE, Ganon(dorf) ALWAYS in every game. I mean come on? So what if the story doesn't match up?

Its weird, but Ganon is only the end boss or a major factor in every OTHER Zelda game that's released (with Four Swords Adventures being the only exception (and come on, its just Four Swords beefed up) and with the Oracle games going either way since not together there is no Ganon, but together there is). Seriously, this is a weird trend but its pretty stable. So therefore Ganon will be major in Twilight Princess and probably not there at all in Phantom Hourglass.

Prove me wrong :)

This is silly.

It is all continuous. You got LINK, ZELDA, HYRULE, Ganon(dorf) ALWAYS in every game. I mean come on? So what if the story doesn't match up?

Its weird, but Ganon is only the end boss or a major factor in every OTHER Zelda game that's released (with Four Swords Adventures being the only exception (and come on, its just Four Swords beefed up) and with the Oracle games going either way since not together there is no Ganon, but together there is). Seriously, this is a weird trend but its pretty stable. So therefore Ganon will be major in Twilight Princess and probably not there at all in Phantom Hourglass.

Prove me wrong :)

Well considering that Hourglass is supposedly a direct continuation from WW, and in WW Ganon is sealed at the bottom of the ocean with a sword impaled into his head, yes there won't be a ganon in Phantom Hourglass.

OoT -> MM -> TP -> WW -> PH -> Oracles -> LoZ -> LOZ LA -> LttP -> Link's Awakening

I don't know exactly where Four Swords fits in.

As for the holes, the biggest gap so far is in between WW/PH and LoZ, with the Oracles game being set on small islands meaning it could be where the WW crew touched ground and started the new Hyrule.

It is also hinted that before LttP, there was a war with 3 knights, 8 sages, and the hero. He was the one who put the master sword to rest in the forest. That would be somewhere between Link's adventure and LttP.

Also, somewhere between WW and Oracles, Ganon was freed and permenantly cursed. Somewhere between Link's adventure and LttP, Aghanim was killed, Ganon was banished to the dark realm after getting to control the triforce.

By having Link's Awakening at the end, however, it puts a whole new twist on the story. In fact, a part of me likes to believe that the link that wakes up on the broken ship is not LttP's link, but rather WW's link, and that everything after WW was just a hallucination.

EDIT the nightmares would explain the CD-I horrors.

OoT -> MM -> TP -> WW -> PH -> Oracles -> LoZ -> LOZ LA -> LttP -> Link's Awakening

As for the holes, the biggest gap so far is in between WW/PH and LoZ, with the Oracles game being set on small islands meaning it could be where the WW crew touched ground and started the new Hyrule.

It is also hinted that before LttP, there was a war with 3 knights, 8 sages, and the hero. He was the one who put the master sword to rest in the forest. That would be somewhere between Link's adventure and LttP.

Also, somewhere between WW and Oracles, Ganon was freed and permenantly cursed. Somewhere between Link's adventure and LttP, Aghanim was killed, Ganon was banished to the dark realm after getting to control the triforce.

By having Link's Awakening at the end, however, it puts a whole new twist on the story. In fact, a part of me likes to believe that the link that wakes up on the broken ship is not LttP's link, but rather WW's link, and that everything after WW was just a hallucination.

Ah Aghanim. I would absolutely LOVE to see that character again :) Although I'd settle for having a classic Wizzrobe as a boss again (like in LA)

Ah Aghanim. I would absolutely LOVE to see that character again :) Although I'd settle for having a classic Wizzrobe as a boss again (like in LA)

Wizrobe was a recurring miniboss in Majora's Mask, with a beefed-up strategy to beat him. I, too, would like to see Aghanim again.

RD speaks the truth. Except the gap between WW/PH is minimal since it's the same Link. Also, I'm pretty sure LOZ LA is the last one so far. And in Oracles it's not Hyrule and after WW (or PH) those Deku guys were able to spread the Deku Tree's seeds, "gluing" Hyrule back together again with it's roots.

Wizrobe was a recurring miniboss in Majora's Mask, with a beefed-up strategy to beat him. I, too, would like to see Aghanim again.

true, but he was a crappy Wizzrobe. I want to deep robes and the bent waves of energy. I miss reflecting such things with a shield. :(

Just letting you guys know that some guys have broken the NDA and released some pictures of bosses and other things. So.... I would just shy away from anything Zelda if you don't want them spoiled.

Will my exodus have to take place sooner then expected?

No, that's actually LttP referring to Ocarina of Time. Note that the GBA re-release of LttP mentions Sages rather than Wise Men(And there's 7, one of them being Zelda's ancestor) There's also no number of knights given, just a mention of "The knights of Hyrule" and Link being their descendant.

Also, the pedestal shown in OoT is pretty much similar to the one shown in LttP, and with some rotation the maps for both games pretty much align too, placing OoT's Temple of Time in the forest.

Yeah, I've played both games entirely too much.

Just letting you guys know that some guys have broken the NDA and released some pictures of bosses and other things. So.... I would just shy away from anything Zelda if you don't want them spoiled.

Will my exodus have to take place sooner then expected?

Yes. Get the fuck out. :wink:

I R ANGARAY

but this sucks. all I'll see TP related is the GameRankings average (the zelda fanboy in me dreams...100000% ololololo)