The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

yeah i just went and found it. 'twas the one at lake hylia.

kept confusing myself because i was counting the one up on zora river and thinking "there couldnt be one at lake hylia theyre too close"

then i looked at the map

Which one was it? I just found them all, yay. I just have to meet up to get the last one.

Alright guys, it comes out in less then two week here, and I have it reserved already. So now that you've had some time to play it, just how good really is Twilight Princess? No BS, no spoilers, straightforward answer.

It's seriously really good. You don't want to put it down, so you might find yourself playing for 10 hours if you're off from work/school.

I love the boss battles and the music is great.

So, I've gotten all of the heart pieces in almost exactly 50 hours.

Then, I go to check what the rewards are for getting all the bugs, poes, and the bonus Cave.

Seriously, don't bother with any of them. Nintendo is 99% retarded after pulling this shit again. Never have massive sidequests been less worthwhile than in Twilight Princess.

theyre there to give you something more to do in the game

QFT & E. Having something to do after the main game is always nice. It makes you feel like you get your money's worth from a game, something I find is sadly lacking these days.

Mind you, I have a few games that are around the 900+ hour mark, so maybe I'm just a little biased when it comes to playing past the main quest.

QFT & E. Having something to do after the main game is always nice. It makes you feel like you get your money's worth from a game, something I find is sadly lacking these days.

Mind you, I have a few games that are around the 900+ hour mark, so maybe I'm just a little biased when it comes to playing past the main quest.

Most other games have somewhat interesting rewards for completing sidequests.

You get 200 Rupees for killing all of the poes, and you just more rupees for the bugs.

when have side quests EVER been worthwhile aside from the weapon trading events?

Sidequests aren't necessarily 'worth it', per se, as everyone has their own standards. I'm just saying that TP has the least significant reward ever.

k.

The reward for me is actually finishing it. I don't care what I get for it. Cave of Ordeals? The fun was going through all of it; I don't care how useful the reward is or is not.

Sure glad I wasted my time in this damn dungeon in the desert only to find out I need the dual clawshot at the end. Oh' date=' you can leave but you gotta start all over :\[/color']

Yeah, I know, I did the same thing. The Cave of Ordeals is pretty long; it's really annoying that you can get to a spot and have to start over if you didn't have that item. The way the Great Fairy says it before hand, it sounds like you're able to come back and start from that point. Then when you actually go to do so, she's like "oh, by the way, you have to start over. ^___^". Bitch.

Oh well, the last item you need are the dual clawshots, so you can go in there after that. However, I'd recommend being majorly stocked up on everything (play the star game and get the 100 arrow quiver, and maybe carry three or four fairies or some potions). The Cave of Ordeals gets pretty rough in some points, especially in the very end.

The reward is somewhat worth it though, but only as long as you do it BEFORE doing the last two dungeons. The use is very limited, so if you're doing it after beating the game, it won't help you.

After about 2/3 of the way though the game I started to get the feeling about that game of the "could have been" or "should have been".

This game is awsome in its own right but seeing all the new items, you just wish that you actually used them outside of the dungeon you got it in, aside from the clawshot.

After about 2/3 of the way though the game I started to get the feeling about that game of the "could have been" or "should have been".

This game is awsome in its own right but seeing all the new items, you just wish that you actually used them outside of the dungeon you got it in, aside from the clawshot.

I thought the same thing at first, but having gotten pretty much everything, nearly all of the items are used well on the overworld. You are probably talking about the items from dungeons 4, 5, and 6, and I assure you, they have their uses for both poes and heart pieces. Furthermore, the dungeon 5 item is an OUTSTANDING combat weapon.

---

I do agree that sometimes doing a sidequest 'for the fun of it' is enough, but there is a lot of squandered potential by offering nothing cool.

I'm currently stuck just before what I assume is the end boss. I've gotten to his door, but I can't figure out how to get the big key. There's a room with two symbols on the wall. The small symbol sits over a chest with a small key that I already got. I'm assuming the larger symbol is where the boss key is going to be, but I can't seem to get it to show. It seems like I've done everything, but there's something I'm overlooking. This is driving me insane! If anybody can help, I'd love a hint or two.

I'm currently stuck just before what I assume is the end boss. I've gotten to his door, but I can't figure out how to get the big key. There's a room with two symbols on the wall. The small symbol sits over a chest with a small key that I already got. I'm assuming the larger symbol is where the boss key is going to be, but I can't seem to get it to show. It seems like I've done everything, but there's something I'm overlooking. This is driving me insane! If anybody can help, I'd love a hint or two.

I am gonna assume you are at the last "temple".

The big key is located after a bridge on which a cinematic occurs. Outside the main building, there are 2 like this.

Since the final key is actually obvious, I'm gonna go and explain the previous one as well. If you are in a dark and freaky place, then you want to read this explanation.

There is a big shadow waterfall, go through it and up.

If none of these make sense, give me more details about your locaction in a white quote. I will go into more details.

So, there's a chest I can't figure out how to get at. Anyone able to help?

In the castle in Snowpeak Mountains, there's a chest in the room just to the right of the main entry way, but a huge gap in the floor and nothing to latch onto, and Midna isn't being any help. Anyone know how I get across there?

I've already made it to the city in the sky. Think I burned out because I couldn't find where to go in there, to even reach the first chest. Gonna give it another go now, since I needed a break after a marathon session of nearly 18 hours solid. x.x

In the castle in Snowpeak Mountains, there's a chest in the room just to the right of the main entry way, but a huge gap in the floor and nothing to latch onto, and Midna isn't being any help. Anyone know how I get across there?

I've already made it to the city in the sky. Think I burned out because I couldn't find where to go in there, to even reach the first chest. Gonna give it another go now, since I needed a break after a marathon session of nearly 18 hours solid. x.x

I forgot about that chest... maybe item 4... I don't think I got the chest... I'll check tonight, maybe. Must be a heart piece.

This one I can help with.

I was stumped for a while on this one as well. The trick is looking at your map. And more specifically looking at the different floors of your map. Hope that helps enough.

Also the sky city had me baffled as well. I'm not sure where you are, but there was a hidden switch in one of the rooms that I didn't see. In fact, I only found it by chance. I had to go left instead of right to find it.

If none of these make sense, give me more details about your locaction in a white quote. I will go into more details.
I'm at Zant's castle. I got my sword filled with the light from the sol stones, went through the dark waterfall, all the way up the tower and to the boss door... but I have no key. The room just before the boss door was the one I was talking about with that large, blue, glowing symbol on the wall above a spot where a chest should appear, and the blue platforms that take you up around the room. I've cleared the room entirely but I can't manage to get that chest to show. I've used every item I have including the horse call. :roll: