The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

I still haven't got my own Wii yet. But I played Twilight Princess, and I have a play time of 4 hours. Beat the first dungeon. It was so well-designed. Great stuff.

Every time I kill a big spider, my heart skips a beat. The fighting is awesome.

Yeah, the fighting system is really awesome once you unlock all the hidden skills. You have a zillion awesome moves you can do, and in general, the fighting system is extremely entertaining. Some of the more human looking enemies are a blast, and I never seem to really get tired of it. . . . .

I wonder how a Zelda styled Z-Targetting Fighting System would work in multiplayer. Hmm.

If you're only 4 hours in, the fighting system improves upon itself as you progress. :)

OH HEY! ONE QUESTION!

I'm hearing rumors that Twilight Princess has DS functionality. Is this true? Does anyone know if you can do anything with your loveable DS with this title?

Alright, need a small bit of non-essential help near the end of the game.
Back courtyard of Hyrule Castle, there's an extra room/chamber that I can't seem to access. I believe it has the key needed to unlock the room just before the castle boss chamber, which has the 3 extra treasures in it. Anyone know how I get to this room?

Edit:

A-ha! Found it. Wasn't anywhere I'd expect the entrance to be.

I had this same problem... I saw the locked room with 3 treasures, but had no key. But since the boss room was right there I just ignored it.

So how do you get into the back courtyard, anyway?

Back courtyard of Hyrule Castle, there's an extra room/chamber that I can't seem to access. I believe it has the key needed to unlock the room just before the castle boss chamber, which has the 3 extra treasures in it. Anyone know how I get to this room?

Edit:

I had this same problem... I saw the locked room with 3 treasures, but had no key. But since the boss room was right there I just ignored it.

Is that the area with the Wind things? I could not figure out how the hell to get that.

I'm hearing rumors that Twilight Princess has DS functionality. Is this true? Does anyone know if you can do anything with your loveable DS with this title?

I doubt it. Why would they take a game for the Gamecube, which can't connect with the DS, and port it over to the Wii, which can connect with the DS? They would have to add DS functionality along with the new controls and updated graphics. Yeah, there was that year-long hiatus, but still...

The only point of such a feature would be one of two things:

1. Being able to download an older games or a mini-game to your DS and play it portable (which is pointless, because there are three older Zelda games out for the GBA already). This could work, but the limited memory of the DS means only small games would be downloadable.

2. Interaction of some sort with the upcoming DS game Phantom Hourglass. Which I think is still slated for a mid to late 2007 release. Sort of pointless to include it when the games ship over six months or more apart, don't you think?

Edit:

Is that the area with the Wind things? I could not figure out how the hell to get that.

Easy.

You see six little Spinners in a triangle. Imagine these as a triforce in your mind. Go to the gate that's locked and look to the floor. You see a bit of at trifoce emblem, but it's all covered in leaves. Either blow the leaves away with your boomerang, or dig at them as a wolf until they're gone. Note the yellow line that traces the outline of the Triforce emblem. It should resemble a lightning bolt.

Now you know which fans to hit.

I doubt it. Why would they take a game for the Gamecube, which can't connect with the DS, and port it over to the Wii, which can connect with the DS? They would have to add DS functionality along with the new controls and updated graphics. Yeah, there was that year-long hiatus, but still...

1. Being able to download an older games or a mini-game to your DS and play it portable (which is pointless, because there are three older Zelda games out for the GBA already). This could work, but the limited memory of the DS means only small games would be downloadable.

2. Interaction of some sort with the upcoming DS game Phantom Hourglass. Which I think is still slated for a mid to late 2007 release. Sort of pointless to include it when the games ship over six months or more apart, don't you think?

Considering the fact that Wii games can be updated via WiiConnect24, it's not too far-fetched. Alternatively, the service could check if you have a TP savegame and download a file based on that to send to the DS, or even connect to Phantom Hourglass, quite possibly by just asking if you have PH after the game comes out.

Hell, it'd be a way to generate more sales: Your console tells you there's awesome to be found if you have a specific game by purchasing the matching game for your DS.

Considering the fact that Wii games can be updated via WiiConnect24, it's not too far-fetched. Alternatively, the service could check if you have a TP savegame and download a file based on that to send to the DS, or even connect to Phantom Hourglass, quite possibly by just asking if you have PH after the game comes out.

Hell, it'd be a way to generate more sales: Your console tells you there's awesome to be found if you have a specific game by purchasing the matching game for your DS.

That seems somewhat complicated for such a little bonus.

Don't get me wrong; I'd like to see more use of console <-> portable connectivity, but I'd also like to see something actually useful done with it.

Edit:

Easy.

You see six little Spinners in a triangle. Imagine these as a triforce in your mind. Go to the gate that's locked and look to the floor. You see a bit of at trifoce emblem, but it's all covered in leaves. Either blow the leaves away with your boomerang, or dig at them as a wolf until they're gone. Note the yellow line that traces the outline of the Triforce emblem. It should resemble a lightning bolt.

Nope, that's not the room they're talking about.

To the north/left of the gate, there's a pile of leaves near the wall. Go into wolf form and use your senses. There's a place you can dig, that will take you over to the graveyard, which is behind the castle, and has a little puzzle in itself. In the treasure room before the boss room, you can find a rupee of every color, including silver, plus bombs, arrows, even seeds for your slingshot, and if you destroy the armor you can get a faerie to help you in your battle against Ganon.

Edit:

Easy.

Nope, that's not the room they're talking about.

To the north/left of the gate, there's a pile of leaves near the wall. Go into wolf form and use your senses. There's a place you can dig, that will take you over to the graveyard, which is behind the castle, and has a little puzzle in itself. In the treasure room before the boss room, you can find a rupee of every color, including silver, plus bombs, arrows, even seeds for your slingshot, and if you destroy the armor you can get a faerie to help you in your battle against Ganon.

I was responding to Bigfoot, not the others.

So I haven't read much of the spoilers. All I want to know is whether this game really does provide a connection to the other games and makes the timeline clearer. If it takes too many spoilers to explain, don't bother :P

I have the game but I have no Wii :( I can't wait until I finish finals next week and come home to maybe buy one.

Nope, no real clear answers about the timeline. However, there is a couple things that make me think there will be a direct sequel based on this one.

The cutscene after the 3rd temple, yadda yadda, when it shows the unified Fused Shadow, it shows 3 Dark Link, but it never brings them up again, anywhere in the game.

And at the end, Link survives and everything. Which makes me think there will be a sequel that takes place in the same timeline, with the same Link, where he will have to face off against the 3 Dark Link. If so, I just hope they don't do the whole Mario Sunshine thing, with them being "clones" out to discredit his name or anything.

Nope, no real clear answers about the timeline. However, there is a couple things that make me think there will be a direct sequel based on this one.
The cutscene after the 3rd temple, yadda yadda, when it shows the unified Fused Shadow, it shows 3 Dark Link, but it never brings them up again, anywhere in the game.

And at the end, Link survives and everything. Which makes me think there will be a sequel that takes place in the same timeline, with the same Link, where he will have to face off against the 3 Dark Link. If so, I just hope they don't do the whole Mario Sunshine thing, with them being "clones" out to discredit his name or anything.

I thought all that was just metaphors to represent the three evil magiciains (whoever the hell they were). Meh, maybe I'm looking to much into it.

Y'see, I was under the impression that that whole deal took place in the past and had no real connection to Link at all. The light being, when telling the story to Link, used familiar faces in place of the characters' actual faces. Since the people that were banished (the Twili ancestors) were looked upon as evil for using their dark magic, the dark Links were used to illustrate that. So I don't really see a direct sequel being made, though another prequel would be kind of nice to show us how Gannondorf managed to escape the sacred realm the first time. Not that I'm complaining, but I was sorta hoping that's what TP was for.

You know what would make a cool wallpaper? If someone got a screen shot of the image of the Master Sword when it's put back.

You know what would be even better?

A wallpaper of Ganondorf standing there with a sword in his chest, and link and zelda looking at him. That was awesome.

Just finished the game. Definately great. The dungeon design was top notch and enemies well crafted. Lots of stuff to do and the fishing game alone makes the game buyable ;)

However beating it gives you the right to give your piece on the game's problems:

1. Music was a mixed bag. Some themes were well done(zora, overworld), yet some sounded very MIDI. I enjoyed the final battle with Ganon in Zelda 64 music more than any song in this game. Crossing fingers next Zelda is orchestrated! ;)

2. Game was simply too easy. Lost, what, 2 hearts against ALL FREAKING FOUR Ganon battles? Some bosses didn't even attack you ;)

3. Note quite sure why some obvious minigames were left out. Where's my sumo wrestling for a piece of heart? Revisit of cow herding? More fishing prizes? Diving?

Anyway I think our high expectations for this game caused us to be more critical than we should be. I, however, know when a game is a masterpiece and this one is no exception.

So I haven't read much of the spoilers. All I want to know is whether this game really does provide a connection to the other games and makes the timeline clearer. If it takes too many spoilers to explain, don't bother :P

I have the game but I have no Wii :( I can't wait until I finish finals next week and come home to maybe buy one.

not really. I always thought it would be a good Zelda game if they'd make a time-travelling theme but Link actually goes back in time and forward in time and sees the other versions of the hero or time, and they use this game as a medium to tie up potential issues in the storyline. Perhaps some kind of error in using the Master Sword in the temple of time would split time or something... and halfway through you could control which times you would visit. THEN you could have cameo appearances of characters from old games, and even back to villages that are exactly the same as say their SNES counterparts or even OOT... then you could see potential changes and movements... the breakdown of certain villages, and the deaths of certain races that appear and never appear again. Or possibly why certain towns move or explain changes in the landscape. . . . . that would be the definitive Zelda imo. Heavily ploy oriented. Tons of side-quests. That good old Familiar Zelda feel. Orchestrated music (fully) and, throw in some epic battles with the Seven Year war and make Link show up in place of the OOT link that is in suspended animation.... haha. It'd be like Link is everywhere. tell me you wouldn't buy that.

Anyone know what's in this?

"The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess -- Collector's Edition"

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/601-1610420-1413758?ie=UTF8&asin=0761555730

For $20, i'll buy it.

On another note, i finally got some more Zelda time in tonight. That Cut scene after the Gerudo Dessert temple was freaking awesome!. Seeing Ganon tied up and being a bad ass made me just pee my pants. :P . Hopefully the final fight will be with that ganon.and not Zant. (?) :?

Getting heart pieces is a bit easy when you have that psychic lady telling you its locations, i just spent like 3 hours rallying about 10 pieces. Other than that, this game is just plain awesome. Im going to have to bust an all nighter to finish this game before my busy weekend.

Onto Zoras Domain!!......i think.

EBGames' website]* Limited Edition Hardcover - A small print run of Prima's Premier Guide with gold foil stamped hardcover and cloth Overworld map

* Cloth Overworld Map - A collectible poster map of the Overworld printed on cloth to keep you oriented in Hyrule.

* Every item is covered in Prima's Guide - All 24 Golden Bugs, 60 Poes, 45 Pieces of Heart, Fairies, Rare Gold Chu locations, Dig spot caverns, Overworld and Dungeon treasure chests, and every single Rupee location in the entire game world revealed.

* Premier Maps - Exclusive maps for every Dungeon in the game

So. Just hit 71 hours and the last dungeon. I have to say, the game is damn worth the cost. In my books, it's easily the best Zelda game ever. Including beyond OoT and LttP.

Just something I'm wondering about, from the timeline gurus..

Where in the hell in the timeline did they find the time to relocate the temple of time from the Hyrule castle city, to the lost woods/Kokiri forest? Is there some big, important game between OoT and TP that will perhaps explain how the original Temple was perhaps destroyed and they had to rebuild it in the lost woods/Kokiri forest? And more importantly.. what happened to Kokiri village? Was it clearcut to make room for Ordon village?
All valid questions. Note the difference between TP's temple 4 cut scene and OoT's ending. At the end of OoT Ganon was banished in the sacred realm. He must have come back somehow and caused some trouble.

As for the temple of time being relocated, note that the whole kingdom's layout was changed. For the Zora kingdom to be north, you would have to rotate OoT's map 90 degrees to the counterclockwise. That would put not Ordona province, but the first temple/6th temple over it. It would also make Karakiro no longer correspond to the island in WW and death mountain would be pretty far off from the WW location. Also, the temple of time was still in Hyrule/Castle City in WW. Do you remember opening the gate to the temple of time? You moved from the real world to somewhere else. What you had in the lost woods was a gate from the woods to the temple of time, which lacks a definite location as of TP. This is probably due to Ganon destroying it in the bridge between MM and TP.

Since there was no reference and no legends about the hero of time, you can safely assume that another game takes place between TP and WW, and then a the failure that led to WW. So, after TP, Ganon should free himself twice. Once to continue the legend that Link became in TP, and one for Link to not return and for Ganon to destroy hyrule, but not the newly rebuilt temple of time.

Ok, so I go to Digipen (Nintendo's college for gaming), and you could say a few of us have played TP quite a bit. The positions of some places in TP Hyrule have been kind of confusing for us, too, but there might be an explanation to it all without the addition of an extra game anywhere.

First, let's get a few postulations down.

A) We are over 100+ years after OoT, so geography is bound to change in subtle ways. Many differences don't really have earth-shattering reasons.

B) Remember that Ganon apparently came back at some point before TP (thus needing to be banished again). This is going to inevitably be a possible explanation for anything.

C) Technically, the game on Wii is running in Mirror Mode, so that has to be taken care of before any explanations are given.

Ok, notice that after de-mirrored, with the exception of Zora's River/Domain, things match up a little better. But we're still off by a bit. Unless you take Ganon into account. At the end of Oot, Hyrule was left relatively untouched. Then, between MM and TP, Ganon returns and begins wreaking havok. Obviously, certain places were destroyed (i.e., Kakariko), but it is also a very real possibility that Ganon destroyed the place responsible for his capture and dethroning in the first place - Hyrule Castle and the surrounding Castle Town. This would explain the derelict condition of the Temple of Time (note: we know it is the same Temple because of the location of the Master Sword chamber. If the "past" temple and the ruins in the grove are placed on top of each other, this is evident.).

Then, why is the current castle and surrounding town so far away, and what about the woods? Simple explanations, as always, yield the best answers. The castle and town are so far away because of migration. After all, if you had lived in the original Castle Town and watched it be decimated by Ganon, wouldn't you want to leave? As for the woods, there is no indication that those are the Lost Woods a la OoT at all. The Forest Temple is merely a happy coincidence; neither the placement nor the layout is in any way related to the original Forest Temple, so they cannot be the same. As for Ordon Village, who's to say a small group of townspeople refused to leave? The original castle town could have easily had forested area around it (remember the small area to the left of the Castle Town in OoT with the hole for a Piece of Heart) that was inaccessable in OoT that, given 100+ years, could have overgrown into the Faron Woods.

The positioning of Kakariko and Death Mountain can be accounted by simple geography; after all, there is no way that Death Mountain was originally so close to Hyrule Castle anyway. The natural expansion of the overworld, therefore, accounts for this. As for Kakariko's appearence, it is possible that everyone just left, probably for the new Castle Town. Without enough villagers to keep the town afloat, it turns to the shambles we see today.

It is also natural for the remaining relics of the Gerudo to be eradicated as well. After all, Ganon WAS a Gerudo. After his second coming (the Hylians wouldn't have remembered his first rule, and so wouldn't have iconoclast-ed the Gerudo then), the Hylians drove off/ killed off the remaning Gerudo (with the possible exception of Telma's family) and destroyed all evidence of their existance, with the exception of the un-destroyable Mirror Chamber/Mirror of Twilight.

This, then, leaves Zora's Domain and Zora's River. Unfortunately, what is known about Hyrule's past does not account for the relocation of the Zoras, and it cannot simply be pawned off as caused by Ganon because even he cannot physically move an entire river system, nor would he need to. Thus, we are left with few possibilities, but possibilities none the less. Either, as with Death Mountain, Zora's River was longer and more winding than was geographically possible in OoT (a shaky and unlikely scenario, at very best), or simply Miyamoto ran out of room on Hyrule's right side and needed to move the Zora's for convenience sake (remember, this is a very likely possibility for ALL of TP Hyrule's differences).

Unfortunately, due to the Zelda series' nature, we'll probably never know for certain, but at least we can still postulate.

I haven't gotten far into the game (don't have my own wii), so I have some questions for you. No, I don't want spoilers.

First, if you beat the game, did you like the ending? (just a simple yes or no would be fine)

Second, I heard that the game makes an effort to tie and explain several Zelda storylines together. Is this true?

By the way, I have to say that the cutscenes are awesome and that there is way more emotion in this game than the others.

I haven't gotten far into the game (don't have my own wii), so I have some questions for you. No, I don't want spoilers.

First, if you beat the game, did you like the ending? (just a simple yes or no would be fine)

Second, I heard that the game makes an effort to tie and explain several Zelda storylines together. Is this true?

By the way, I have to say that the cutscenes are awesome and that there is way more emotion in this game than the others.

1: OMG YES!

2: It seems like it could if you look into things a bit more. I've never worried too much about that kind of thing, so I really didn't take the time to look into it very deeply. I will tell you that there's really no direct link to either Ocarina or Wind Waker that I could see.