The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

I thought Ocarina and Majora's Mask bosses had some challenge to them. Mainly because some of the boss fights relied on actual strategy instead of simply finding weak spots. Namely the likes of Majora's final boss and OoT's shadow Ganon. Those were classics and actually had some difficulty to them. Nowadays, I think Nintendo is more worried about getting in as many casual type of gamers as possible, so that could be why they have eased a bit on most difficult edges of their Zelda games. You just won't find the near-death moments that was prevalent in the older titles. If you get hit and lose health, just whack a few bushes or jars and you'd be 100%.

Really? :cry: Maybe my first play through TP I'll try and beat the game without getting any heart containers - that's bound to be more fun and rewarding...

I'm playing through TP normally and it's still very fun. I said this before, that I was annoyed with the kiddy-difficulty of Okami. Twilight Princess isn't nearly that easy. And home console Zelda games has been pretty forgiving since LttP to a point. Nowhere near as intimidating as avoiding enemies in Zelda 1 and 2 or any of the Seasons/Ages GBC Zeldas.

I think just about all games in general have become a lot easier. A few game titles like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and some fighting games still tries to keep it difficult simply because all the other games are getting that much easier.

The biggest problem when it comes to difficulty is you're now forced to hold your shield up when you lock on, and you can attack freely while doing it (as opposed to having to release the R button in previous games).

It's too bad there isn't more horseback fighting since getting your ass knocked off your horse made it pretty difficult.

and the easiest Zelda boss I have ever fought, ever.

get ready for more

i don't mind the easiness, it's more the satisfaction of defeating it. and while that is partially correlated to difficulty, other things like the scope of the battle, the fighting field and the killing method also contribute. with that in mind, the 3rd boss was also easy, but one of the most fun zelda bosses i ever fought.

Heh. Don't worry, man. The third boss fight ought to do it for you. Think Shadow of the Colossus.

The water dungeon? That boss was dead easy and boring. Now dungeon 4's boss... :D

I think one of the things that makes TP so damn easy, everywhere except the Cave of Ordeals, is that.. well, at every boss and miniboss, there's stuff to break and recover your health. Even the very last battle has it. You're never really left at a moment where you feel "OMG! One more hit and I'm dead!" unless it's during a regular fight, which tames things down.

I think, outside of the Cave of Ordeals, I used.. maybe 2 fairies. And neither was during a boss fight.

I think one of the things that makes TP so damn easy, everywhere except the Cave of Ordeals, is that.. well, at every boss and miniboss, there's stuff to break and recover your health. Even the very last battle has it. You're never really left at a moment where you feel "OMG! One more hit and I'm dead!" unless it's during a regular fight, which tames things down.

I think, outside of the Cave of Ordeals, I used.. maybe 2 fairies. And neither was during a boss fight.

Most recent Zelda games have pots available in boss rooms to heal yourself, although I did feel that putting a fairy in one of the pots in the final boss fight was a bit excessive. I think the main difference here is how the most devastating attack in the game only takes 1 heart away, whereas older games could take away as many as 4 with one attack.

Most recent Zelda games have pots available in boss rooms to heal yourself, although I did feel that putting a fairy in one of the pots in the final boss fight was a bit excessive. I think the main difference here is how the most devastating attack in the game only takes 1 heart away, whereas older games could take away as many as 4 with one attack.

Definately. I miss the days of ALTTP when, with the red tunic on, a good boss fight could still drop you a couple of hearts with a single attack.

Every Zelda game should come with a second quest as standard, including remixed dungeons and harder difficulty (more hearts lost per battle, less damage dealt by the player, items cost more to buy and are hidden in random caves), etc.

Remixed dungeons aren't all that difficult to put together, since the rooms are usualy self contained. There are also plenty of puzzles that are weeded out during the play test and design periods, so it's not like they have to start from scratch.

I'd rather six dungeons, with a second quest, as opposed to nine easy ones. But that's just me.

and the easiest Zelda boss I have ever fought, ever.

get ready for more

i don't mind the easiness, it's more the satisfaction of defeating it. and while that is partially correlated to difficulty, other things like the scope of the battle, the fighting field and the killing method also contribute. with that in mind, the 3rd boss was also easy, but one of the most fun zelda bosses i ever fought.

Heh. Don't worry, man. The third boss fight ought to do it for you. Think Shadow of the Colossus.

The water dungeon? That boss was dead easy and boring. Now dungeon 4's boss... :D

I'm at the 4th dungeon now. I like the ReDeads!

Anyway, what I enjoyed about the 3rd boss was the cameo and the SotC ending to it. : D

Don't know if anybody had posted this before, but I stumbled upon some mp3's of Twilight Princess...

Here's the link...

http://www.wiigamer.nl/article/5397p1.html

Enjoy.

By the way, I want to apologize for starting a debate about Twilight Princess being the best Zelda ever. I didn't mean to compare it to Ocarina of Time. Ocarina was honestly my first experience with Zelda. Ever since then, I've been playing them. Sorry for starting a pointless debate

:cry:

So I beat the 4th dungeon last night - my thoughts?
What the fuck is with the spinner? Not only did I go through the dungeon to get that shitty looking item of skateboarding stupidity, but the boss fight completely relied on it. That is such crap.
Yeah... it seems rather... pointless? After you defeat the boss, you hardly ever use it again, except for finding a few chests and pieces of heart. If it kept more momentum and did more damage, it would be a somewhat fun way of traveling around the land. But it only coasts a little way, and then you stop. It seems so lacking, like they just threw it in late in the game or something.

What the fuck is with the spinner? Not only did I go through the dungeon to get that shitty looking item of skateboarding stupidity, but the boss fight completely relied on it. That is such crap.

I actually liked that fight, and the song. :P

Boss 4 is one of the fights I would love to do over and over again. But, like I said before, I just wished you could combine items 4 and 5.

Boss 4 is one of the fights I would love to do over and over again. But, like I said before, I just wished you could combine items 4 and 5.

Dungeon 4 = worst dungeon

Dungeon 4 item = worst item

You've got to be kidding me. It may not have been the most well-implimented, but you can't deny that it was an original and ingenious item to add. I think it would have been much more useful if it had more uses outside dungeon four, but it certainly wasn't the worst item (I think that goes to the slingshot, since it is completely useless once you get the bow).

You've got to be kidding me. It may not have been the most well-implimented, but you can't deny that it was an original and ingenious item to add. I think it would have been much more useful if it had more uses outside dungeon four, but it certainly wasn't the worst item (I think that goes to the slingshot, since it is completely useless once you get the bow).

Agreed there, the temple in which you get the item has 1 very very cool room to use it with, railings all over the walls. I probably spent like 30 minutes in there goofing around. but once outside that temple, its hardly used.

I feel like buying the GC version now.....just to play it again....in mirrored mode.

Dungeon 4: Best boss battle.

You cannot say the contrary, it was a devilishly fun battle and it should have lasted a lot longer.

every boss battle should have lasted a lot longer

IT'S A FREAKING BEYBLADE!

Dungeon 4: Best boss battle.

You cannot say the contrary, it was a devilishly fun battle and it should have lasted a lot longer.

every boss battle should have lasted a lot longer

IT'S A FREAKING BEYBLADE!

Never watched that show, so I'm not tempted to downrate the item because of its resemblance to something completely different.

From the little I've seen, I've never seen anyone in Beyblade ride on one of the damned things.