The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Yeah, but you can rotate your camera in the GCN version without doing any of that.

How do they do the ball rolling thing minigame whatnot on the GC?

Monkey Ball stylez!

Probably easier too.

Tip: to make the rollball game a little easier, put the Wiimote on a flat surface.

I'd just like to randomly say that it's getting annoying when people say "oak-uh-rina" instead of "ock-uh-rina". That bother anyone else?
I've always said "ock" instead of "oak" and have been corrected several billion times. Which is the correct way to say it? Is it like potatoes.. and er.. potatoes? (you know what i mean!) It's always annoyed me when people say "Bond 64" or just "Bond" when they were referencing Goldeneye64.

I'd just like to randomly say that it's getting annoying when people say "oak-uh-rina" instead of "ock-uh-rina". That bother anyone else?
I've always said "ock" instead of "oak" and have been corrected several billion times. Which is the correct way to say it? Is it like potatoes.. and er.. potatoes? (you know what i mean!) It's always annoyed me when people say "Bond 64" or just "Bond" when they were referencing Goldeneye64.

http://m-w.org/dictionary/ocarina

Ock.. would be the right way of saying it.(listen to the audio sample)

So, I am up to the final dungeon. My thoughts so far on the 8th dungeon:

Man, Zant was too easy. The room just before that frustrated me though because I kept falling (guess I'm too noob). Anyway, Zant was too predictable to beat once you figured out that the setting meant something. I can't wait to finish this game though!

Just beat the third dungeon.

Water dungeon was WAY too easy (well for at least the hype that it was getting and compared to OoT's water dungeon. I cruised through it in 1:50, not really thinking. Just sort of keeping track of my location, and it turned out really easy. However, after that, the cutscene with Zant was omgg. This is the first time in a while that I've worried about a character from a video game. I was sad that Midna might die :( She's the cutest little imp-like creature I've seen. Princess Zelda, a somewhat minor character in the game, made no difference to my play when she pwns herself. There's probably a good reason for that, and I'm probably going to find out soon- hopefully?

Just beat the third dungeon.
Water dungeon was WAY too easy (well for at least the hype that it was getting and compared to OoT's water dungeon. I cruised through it in 1:50, not really thinking. Just sort of keeping track of my location, and it turned out really easy. However, after that, the cutscene with Zant was omgg. This is the first time in a while that I've worried about a character from a video game. I was sad that Midna might die :( She's the cutest little imp-like creature I've seen. Princess Zelda, a somewhat minor character in the game, made no difference to my play when she pwns herself. There's probably a good reason for that, and I'm probably going to find out soon- hopefully?

Later rather than sooner. Seventh dungeon and I still don't know (at least not from the game).

Just beat the sixth dungeon.

I have to say, I was mildly disappointed by the Temple of Time. Too short, really. It was fun while it lasted, and I am so thankful that the statue control is a lot better than in Wind Waker. Overall, I love this game. I'm trying to speed through it, then I'll go back and do all the extra side quests like fishing, upgrades, etc.

On the plus side, the new weapons are awesome. Spinner? Ball and chain? Friggin sweet. I hope I get that second Clawshot soon.

I picked it up for the GCN on Sunday - and since I'm home for winter break, I've put in ~25 hours so far :D still only on my way to the 4th dungeon though.

I love how the plot is so much deeper and more eventful - there are actually supporting characters you CARE about, that have a role, and that don't feel like robots spewing out useless dialog (and not just Midna)! It's not on the level of something really plot-centric like a really good RPG (at least not yet -

although from what I've heard about "Mirror Shards" it's going to be another of those "collect all n pieces of the ______", which doesn't exactly lend itself to brilliant story-telling
)

Also, I think this is definitely the best soundtrack I've heard in a Zelda game. As far as I remember, none have had this "character motif" interplay throughout different sections of the score thing going on - very cinematic. Alot of the tracks bring personality to places in a way that tracks from previous games wouldn't have, e.g.

Faron Woods, Agitha's Castle, Fishing Hole, etc.
- and the little musical references to classic tunes are seemingly omnipresent!

Too bad the night/day system makes things so annoying sometimes :( as well as the over-abundance of rupees (who would actually go back into a dungeon to pick up the ~100-150 rupees they left behind because they were full?) Although I got the chance to use up all my rupees and then revisit the mini-dungeons I had raided to pick up hundreds of rupees apiece later on (who can resist a face that round?)

Has anyone tried doing a run through with only 3 hearts? It makes the game so much more fun.

I did that with Wind Waker, but it was too much trouble, because every time I died or got close to dying, my roommates would yell at me to just pick up a "f'ing heart container". :(