The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Has anyone tried doing a run through with only 3 hearts? It makes the game so much more fun.

I did that with Wind Waker, but it was too much trouble, because every time I died or got close to dying, my roommates would yell at me to just pick up a "f'ing heart container". :(

Sounds insanely annoying =[ At times like that, it's time to use an analogy. Lets see.... How about "getting an extra heart is like saying you're going to win a game of chess blindfolded, and then you take the blindfold off part way through the game and leave it off."

[Edit]

But you'll want to think of a better one...

I was sad that Midna might die :( She's the cutest little imp-like creature I've seen.

I'm considering sigging that.

spoilers in sigs = AAAAAHHH DON'T DO IT!!! SERIOUSLY, THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

I've spoiled way too much already just glancing through parts of this thread, don't want to be worrying about people's signatures in all the other threads.... =[

You've found a blue rupee! (5). But your wallet is full, so let's put it back.

FUCK.

I wish the rupee chests said rupee on them or something so you don't have to open them, hoping for a key.

Has anyone tried doing a run through with only 3 hearts? It makes the game so much more fun.

I did that with Wind Waker, but it was too much trouble, because every time I died or got close to dying, my roommates would yell at me to just pick up a "f'ing heart container". :(

Sounds insanely annoying =[ At times like that, it's time to use an analogy. Lets see.... How about "getting an extra heart is like saying you're going to win a game of chess blindfolded, and then you take the blindfold off part way through the game and leave it off."

[Edit]

They don't really care - they're just joking around with me. :P

A running joke around the apartment is how I wasn't "good enough" to beat the original Zelda with just three hearts - I got all the way to Ganon, but never beat him. It's kind of rough with him teleporting around all invisible-like, with his OMG I'm Gonna Take Three Hearts Automatically If I Touch You attack.

[Edit]

They don't really care - they're just joking around with me. :P

A running joke around the apartment is how I wasn't "good enough" to beat the original Zelda with just three hearts - I got all the way to Ganon, but never beat him. It's kind of rough with him teleporting around all invisible-like, with his OMG I'm Gonna Take Three Hearts Automatically If I Touch You attack.

Three hearts on the original Zelda? I can finish it getting all the hearts I can but still have a tough time at some parts. I've only beaten the second quest once but I can't remember where the blue ring is so I can't finish it lately.

I was sad that Midna might die :( She's the cutest little imp-like creature I've seen.

I'm considering sigging that.

spoilers in sigs = AAAAAHHH DON'T DO IT!!! SERIOUSLY, THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

I've spoiled way too much already just glancing through parts of this thread, don't want to be worrying about people's signatures in all the other threads.... =[

What, that Midna is attacked or nearly killed at some point? That you can guess. It's like saying Link wears green or transforms into a wolf or WHAOMG SHEIK IS ZELDA.

So I beat Zelda!

So, this ending reminds me a lot about A Link to the Past. The fight against Ganon Puppet Zelda was of course a signature Zelda fight, and the Ganon fight threw me into a fit until I figured out I had to shoot him with an arrow. The horseback fight was also a nice addition, but that along with the swordfight were way too easy. All in all I found it an enjoyable romp, and I can't wait to start the collecting business. I still hate the spinner though, that item needs to go die in a fire

as well as the over-abundance of rupees (who would actually go back into a dungeon to pick up the ~100-150 rupees they left behind because they were full?) Although I got the chance to use up all my rupees and then revisit the mini-dungeons I had raided to pick up hundreds of rupees apiece later on (who can resist a face that round?)

Ok game. If I have 99 rupees left to fill my bag, and I find a 100 rupee, then ASK ME if I want to take it or not rather than just leaving it!!! Got me grumbling a couple times ;)

A simple solution to the whole "you can't carry anymore rupees" thing. If you get the magic suit thingy, it uses up rupees. Just equip it, walk around a bit, and then change it back to the regular outfit when you cleared up some room for that chest you found.

Of course, to do so, you need to either wait until later in the game, or complete that damn side quest...

Also you could use your rupees to do those damn sidequests...what is it, 4000 rupees total needed?

3598 total for the suit, unless you do the sidequest then it's 1798.

Well, I was thinking 1000 for that bridge, and 2000 more for opening a shop in Hyrule Castletown, and then 1000 more for that heart piece (by donating to that guy by the east entrance of Castletown).

Also you could use your rupees to do those damn sidequests...what is it, 4000 rupees total needed?

Well, I was thinking 1000 for that bridge, and 2000 more for opening a shop in Hyrule Castletown, and then 1000 more for that heart piece (by donating to that guy by the east entrance of Castletown).

I thought you were referring to the quest to get the armor mentioned by The Damned.

Also is there any way...

to hunt for poes? I have like 45 or so, but I can't figure out where the other 15 are. Is it just a matter of combing every inch of dungeon and land during the night?

When I did the sidequests, I paid 1000 rupees for the bridge and at first I paid 100 or 200 towards the shop. I came back later in the game to pay the rest and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I only had to pay 200 rupees instead of 1800 - 1900 more; those gorons got the rest on their own, apparently.

I thought you were referring to the quest to get the armor mentioned by The Damned.

Yeah, that's the one (at least the 1000 for the bridge and 2000 for the shop...the other 1000 is unrelated).

Also is there any way...
to hunt for poes? I have like 45 or so, but I can't figure out where the other 15 are. Is it just a matter of combing every inch of dungeon and land during the night?
There's also the cave of ordeals, which I think has 3 poes in it, in case you haven't tried it. Otherwise, yeah, what Red Shadow said about the hidden grottos.