The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

I still hate the spinner though, that item needs to go die in a fire

I still don't understand why you hate it so much - it's extremely original, if moderately underused.

It's not original by a longshot (pun not intended) - it's a fucking skateboard for crying out loud.

Eh, I liked it. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it became nearly useless after the fourth dungeon.

You guys probably never
used the spinner to shred the crap out of those little spider enemies in dungeon 6. Good times. :)

No I did that. It wasn't that much fun.

Now what would have been awesome would have been alternative methods for beating bosses. Perhaps one stage of each boss could have multiple possibilities for defeating it, so say dungeon 5's boss could have been defeated with either item 5 or item 4 (or bomb arrows!).

Some guy on the Gamefaqs Twilight Princess board seems to have discovered some interesting things that were left in the game. He apparently used a few cheats to alter the properties, namely infinite range, instant targeting, and can attach to any surface. Using this, he tried to go into all the areas of the game that are normally unreachable, and he found some interesting places.

Nothing really "OMFG! THATS TEH AWESOME!", but it is rather interesting to see how far they developed the world beyond what the player normally sees.

Sure thing! Actually though, it'll save time, bandwidth, and effort, if you can find the ripped files themselves... The streamed audio (there's a lot of sequenced music in Twilight Princess which isn't currently playable) is 380 MB uncompressed, and about 311 MB in the RAR/7z (I don't remember which it is). As I said, this is the streamed stuff. A lot of it is what you hear during cut scenes, movies, etc. Still good stuff though.

Anyway, get Winamp (if you don't have it already) and install the in_cube plugin. In_cube can play a plethora of music from GC games (as long as it's streamed, like CDA, MP3, etc).

As for ripping the audio from the GC ISO, that's reasonably easy, once you have the ISO. I use GCE (Gamecube Explorer) to read the GCM file. A Google search turned up very little, so get GCE from my site. Be nice, it's Geocities.

The files you want would be in the Audiores directory. Specifically, AST files. Extract those, and then rename them to AFC. Once that's done, load them into Winamp (with in_cube installed, of course) and they're playable!.

Hopefully, that helps out. Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask/PM :wink: . Mouser X out.

Did anyone else take advantage of the Wii's split controller to make TP a two-player co-op game? It is so awesome to have to coordinate your attacks to kill a boss and actually add some challenge to this game.

Nah, I just used it to be able to play with my hands in any position I like. Comfortable!

Did anyone else take advantage of the Wii's split controller to make TP a two-player co-op game? It is so awesome to have to coordinate your attacks to kill a boss and actually add some challenge to this game.

Nah, I just used it to be able to play with my hands in any position I like. Comfortable!

Yeah, even if motion sensing would not pick up, that new 2 part controller is a genius piece of design.

I've watched a few of these pages, and I have to say this. If you don't like the game as much as Ocarina, fine. It's an evolution of that game. Remember how long we had to wait for this game? Oh it's not hard, very few games are nowadays anyway.

But everyone's free to their own opinion, so whatever... :roll: