The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

How the hell do you get the hawkeye? What does it do? It never appeared in the store.
In Karkariko village, you can talk to the kids, and one of them will offer you a chance to play a game. You have to stand by the spring, and hit a wooden pole on top of the top-most building on the other side of town. Hit the pole, and you get the Hawkeye.

How do you do it? Just keep firing and moving over a bit until you hit it.

How the hell do you get the hawkeye? What does it do? It never appeared in the store.
In Karkariko village, you can talk to the kids, and one of them will offer you a chance to play a game. You have to stand by the spring, and hit a wooden pole on top of the top-most building on the other side of town. Hit the pole, and you get the Hawkeye.

How do you do it? Just keep firing and moving over a bit until you hit it.

I have found that it is easier if you switch the controls from the Wiimote to the joystick. Yes, this does take away some of the point of even owning the Wii version, but you a) get rid of the annoying, unexplained fairy and B) save some Wiimote battery.

Cave of Ordeals is a Bitch.
All 7 special skills, hawkeye, 100 arrow quiver, 3 bomb bags with double capacity upgrade, 3 bottles of blue potion, 1000 rupees and the magic armor (though I really only used 2 of the 3 potions)

No where near those items except for the moves . But i can get as far as the three (silver,green and red) knights.

All 7 special skills, hawkeye, 100 arrow quiver, 3 bomb bags with double capacity upgrade, 3 bottles of blue potion, 1000 rupees and the magic armor (though I really only used 2 of the 3 potions)

How do you get those (I have 1 of the latter, but the others)?

100 Arrow Quiver

Win the STAR game (twice) in Hyrule town. (double clawshot required)

Bomb Bags

Clear debris on Iza's raft ride

Free the Goron from the teleported rock in Zora's Domain

Bomb Upgrade

Score 25 points on Iza's raft ride

Nope, that's all you get, I think you can get one at any time in any of the fairy locations though

100 Arrow Quiver

Bomb Bags

Bomb Upgrade

So there's only one upgrade? That's all I was confused about there.

Yeah, the one upgrade works on all your bags.

100 Arrow Quiver

Bomb Bags

Bomb Upgrade

Nope, that's all you get, I think you can get one at any time in any of the fairy locations though

That seems incredibly useless since it takes less than a heart to beat the final dungeon, and the hardest point in the game gives you something that would only seem necessary in there AFTER you beat it.

100 Arrow Quiver

Bomb Bags

Bomb Upgrade

That seems incredibly useless since it takes less than a heart to beat the final dungeon, and the hardest point in the game gives you something that would only seem necessary in there AFTER you beat it.

Yeah, I only used the Fairy's Tears once, and that was the bottle I got much earlier in the game from the Poe dude, and it was during the Cave of Ordeals.

Anyone get the Rare Chu Jelly? Does the same thing. I found one in a grotto in the Gerudo Desert. I think it's similar, in that you can only hold one at a time, though I've never used mine to find out if the Rare Chu will show up again after you've used it.

I've been appreciating the game a helluva lot more while I hunting down heart pieces, poe ghosts, and small details. The lighting atmosphere in some areas of this games always takes my breath away. :)

By the way, the Mario reference is

a bullet bill on Fyer's shirt (clown-like dude who operates the cannon). Strange how I never noticed it. :lol:

I also managed to make Link stand on top of a treasure chest. Very proud of myself. :)

img06561wf2.jpg

Anyone get the Rare Chu Jelly? Does the same thing. I found one in a grotto in the Gerudo Desert. I think it's similar, in that you can only hold one at a time, though I've never used mine to find out if the Rare Chu will show up again after you've used it.
There's another one in a hidden alcove on the trail that leads to Death Mountain. Just wanted to point that out.

There's another one in a hidden alcove on the trail that leads to Death Mountain. Just wanted to point that out.
And one in the Cave of Ordeals. You just gotta get it before it mixes with the purples in the same room.

Ok, I'm stuck, and I don't think any of this is a spoiler - I'm in the room of the 3rd dungeon trying to get the big key. How do you get onto the platform with the chest? I know you're supposed to use the acquired item, but there is NOTHING in the room that I can use it with...

Ok, I'm stuck, and I don't think any of this is a spoiler - I'm in the room of the 3rd dungeon trying to get the big key. How do you get onto the platform with the chest? I know you're supposed to use the acquired item, but there is NOTHING in the room that I can use it with...
Go back to the previous room and take a different path.

So, how 'bout those ordeals?

Three Iron Knuckles at once, eh? That was fun.

Personally, I ended up using 2 fairies and a bottle of Great Fairy's Tears. However, I used the GFT in the middle of the very last stage, then only lost another heart or so after using it.

I had 15 hearts, and a bunch of equipment not worth mentioning, 'cause I used less than the minimum amount you can carry [ie: less than 30 arrows, etc], and...well, I burned through a lot of rupees for the Magic Armor in that last battle. I can only carry 600 though.