The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

So, how 'bout those ordeals?
Three Iron Knuckles at once, eh? That was fun.

Personally, I ended up using 2 fairies and a bottle of Great Fairy's Tears. However, I used the GFT in the middle of the very last stage, then only lost another heart or so after using it.

I had 15 hearts, and a bunch of equipment not worth mentioning, 'cause I used less than the minimum amount you can carry [ie: less than 30 arrows, etc], and...well, I burned through a lot of rupees for the Magic Armor in that last battle. I can only carry 600 though.

If you want that last battle with the 3 Iron Knuckles to be easier then do this:

Don't just leap into the middle of the area from the ledge. Drop down to the left or right. The other 2 will stay where they are in the middle if you hug the wall right below the ledge.

If you want that last battle with the 3 Iron Knuckles to be easier then do this:

Don't just leap into the middle of the area from the ledge. Drop down to the left or right. The other 2 will stay where they are in the middle if you hug the wall right below the ledge.

Well that's like, cheating or something.

And I only used Bomb Arrows on a few redeads :P

The first and only time I made it through the cave of ordeals, I used a bottle of soup from the yeti's place and a fairy, and I didn't have the magic armor or any upgrades.

A charged jump attack (one of the 7 hidden skills) kills them instantly.

Also, the redeads disappointed me; they're not as scary as I was expecting. The ones from OoT gave me nightmares for weeks, and for good reason. They were creepy, naked, shit-colored zombies that moaned disturbingly and froze you with blood-curdling screams so they can come up to you and buttrape you to death. The TP ones are clothed with bandages, they don't moan, they freeze you with loud but unscary screams and try to kill you with a bigass sword rather than their pelvic region.

It's not cheating :P lol The one below you is already moving, so it's only common courtesy to visit him first.

So, how 'bout those ordeals?
Three Iron Knuckles at once, eh? That was fun.

Personally, I ended up using 2 fairies and a bottle of Great Fairy's Tears. However, I used the GFT in the middle of the very last stage, then only lost another heart or so after using it.

I had 15 hearts, and a bunch of equipment not worth mentioning, 'cause I used less than the minimum amount you can carry [ie: less than 30 arrows, etc], and...well, I burned through a lot of rupees for the Magic Armor in that last battle. I can only carry 600 though.

If you thought three at once was fun, try four at once - after you beat the CoO, you can go back in and it's harder - the 39th floor has become 3 Iron Knuckles instead of 2, and the 49th floor has become 4 IK's instead of 3. No idea if it keeps increasing, though, but I did make it.
Ball and Chain on Redeads - hits first on the way out, second on the way back - it takes two hits to kill each one. Also, bomb arrows turn giant Chu jellies into their smallest component pieces. Iron Knuckles can be pushed into a pack by circling around them, and from there bomb arrows at the one furthest away will cause the other around it to lose two pieces of armor each. The lava slugs can be killed with a single hit from the clawshot, and Dodognos die with a single arrow to the throat while they are charging up or breathing flame breath. Run around the giant ice-breathing guys and use the ball and chain, then aim down at the ground as all the small component icy dudes slide into you and die by running into the ball and chain. The circle of Leevers you can wait to attack until they start to close in, then use a spin attack to finish them. The ice spear knights will lose their spears to one bomb arrow, and die with a second if you're fast enough to hit them while they retreat. Use the Z button with your bow and arrow to get close enough to the edge to shoot the orc archers before they shoot you. The charged jump-slash is a great way to jump down into a group of enemies, like the rats on the tenth floor. That's all I can think of for now.

It's not cheating :P lol The one below you is already moving, so it's only common courtesy to visit him first.

I did that with alot of my battles. It saves the stress and anger.

HOORAY! I got all the poes! :DWent to gamefaqs for the last four. Oh well...

I found an awesome small detail: When the orcs shoot arrows at you, you can pick up ones that hit the ground and add them to your quiver. :lol:

Snowboard mini-game is the best sidequest in the game imo. Great atmosphere and music. Makes me yearn for Snowboard kids. That game should really get on the virtual console.

Crusing Hyrule Field is easily the best part of this game, and will keep me coming back to play for a good while yet.

If you thought three at once was fun, try four at once - after you beat the CoO, you can go back in and it's harder - the 39th floor has become 3 Iron Knuckles instead of 2, and the 49th floor has become 4 IK's instead of 3. No idea if it keeps increasing, though, but I did make it.

Whoa, really? Now that I have all the upgrades, I should go back, especially since I haven't got to really use the magic armor yet.

I found an awesome small detail: When the orcs shoot arrows at you, you can pick up ones that hit the ground and add them to your quiver. :lol:

Snowboard mini-game is the best sidequest in the game imo. Great atmosphere and music. Makes me yearn for Snowboard kids. That game should really get on the virtual console.

Crusing Hyrule Field is easily the best part of this game, and will keep me coming back to play for a good while yet.

You can also attack the arrows and knock them out. Time your strikes right and they won't even touch you or your shield.

You can also attack the arrows and knock them out. Time your strikes right and they won't even touch you or your shield.

Dodging between two of them and getting them to shoot each other is pretty fun too.

Dodging between two of them and getting them to shoot each other is pretty fun too.

Wait, I want to know where you can do that.

:roll:

everywhere there are archer.

... You know what you doing? NVM.

I know of one spot with four archers, but both of them are up on ledges so it doesn't work to get them to shoot each other.

... You know what you doing? NVM.

I know of one spot with four archers, but both of them are up on ledges so it doesn't work to get them to shoot each other.

hyrule west exit then.

Just started playing TP yesterday, went through to picking up the first set of tears...

Also, Linkjing, who's the chick in the "cutegirlvp5.gif" image in you sig?

My girlfriend.

Sometimes, I can't tell when people on the intarnub are serious or joking.

This is one of those times.

Just started playing TP yesterday, went through to picking up the first set of tears...

Also, Linkjing, who's the chick in the "cutegirlvp5.gif" image in you sig?

My girlfriend.

Sometimes, I can't tell when people on the intarnub are serious or joking.

This is one of those times.

bigbrainacademyart002xc9.jpg

Well, I finished the game today. My thoughts:

I was very disappointed with the very last battle. I hated how Ganondorf had that random, unexplained weak point on his chest...and then the rest of him was completely invulerable. I expected the fight to be similar to the one in Wind Waker; frantic, fast, a test of skill. In that fight, it was difficult to hurt Ganondorf because he was so good at blocking. In TP, it's difficult to hurt him because he somehow has a suit of armor that absolutely nothing can penetrate. So instead of it being a test of skill against another sword-wielding human, the fight was simply a generic "HIT WEAKPOINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE" battle.

In addition, it was far too easy to kill him. After all the complaints of the battle strategies in WW (stand there until it tells you to press A), it's hard to believe Nintendo would stick it into the last fight of TP. It's like they ran out of ideas or something. Come on, guys.

As for the rest of the battles...well, I liked them. They could have been harder, but they were fun all the same. In particular, I very much liked the horseback battle. But once again, he went down too fast. I would have liked that fight to have multiple stages. Maybe he could throw more enemies at you. Or maybe you'd have to use the light arrows yourself. Regardless, it was a great battle, so I was saddened when it ended so quickly.

The ending itself, however, was great. Definitely the best of any Zelda game so far IMO.