The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Ice block puzzles I can do. And did them I... did. Yeah, I'm usually able to do those if given time.

The Sacred Grove puzzle was a pain, though. I held out for about 20 or 30 tries before looking it up. My mind was simply unable to separate the two statues, always thinking all three would move the same way at one point or another, or getting myself stuck in the corner with the statue that DOES follow my movements.

The Sacred Grove puzzle annoyed me, but I didn't look anything up for Zelda until after I finished it and I was looking for secret stuff I missed.

I just worked the puzzle out backwards and figured out where they needed to be to in order to win.

Those ice block puzzles were awesome though. I loved the set of three in the hidden cave.

EDIT: Test failed

So I spent an hour or so wandering around the water temple trying to figure out Where the hell I'm supposed to go.

Then I found the random pillar I'm supposed to shoot and voila. Far easier than the OoT water temple.

I was pretty disappointed with the water temple in this game. I was expecting a real challenge after the ultra easy first two temples, but everything was very linear despite the numerous cross paths. Not to mention the boss was easier than the two previous ones.

The initial puzzle in the Sacred Grove was the hardest puzzle I've faced in a Zelda game yet. I tried for over an hour before I looked it up online, dejected.
The puzzle for the "spoiler, well it not that big of a spoiler spoiler as it's in every game?" Yeah that got me for a while. It took me about 15 minutes to just sit down a try to figure it out rather than randomly move the pieces in hope of getting it right. When I did that I almost wanted to hit myself for how easy it really was in the end. Definitely one of the hardest puzzles in the Zelda series though.

I was pretty disappointed with the water temple in this game. I was expecting a real challenge after the ultra easy first two temples, but everything was very linear despite the numerous cross paths. Not to mention the boss was easier than the two previous ones.

You mean, the boss just swam around and you swam after it. Honestly, quite disappointing in that sense.

Was anyone else like... absoultely hating on the item chests in this game? Keys can be in big chests, or small. Rupees are in small chests, or big. Honestly, you wander all around Hyrule, and then "Oh, big chest! Something good, probably a piece of heart!" Then you spend ten to thirty minutes trying to figure out the puzzle for it, and then you flip the lock on it, and... *ding-a-ling-ding 100 rupees!* "Owait, my wallet's full, gotta put it back" Oh, and you can't clawshot onto the chests.

And the compass and those stupid rupee chests in the temples. I've had a full wallet for almost the entire game, save for a few small portions, so those chests always end up cluttering the dungeon maps, and making me think that there's a good item or something I've missed in that room. No wait, it's just another rupee chest.

Not to get me wrong. I love the game... on the seventh temple right now, and hoping to beat it by Friday, since that's when I lose the Wii to my siblings.

Was anyone else like... absoultely hating on the item chests in this game? Keys can be in big chests, or small. Rupees are in small chests, or big. Honestly, you wander all around Hyrule, and then "Oh, big chest! Something good, probably a piece of heart!" Then you spend ten to thirty minutes trying to figure out the puzzle for it, and then you flip the lock on it, and... *ding-a-ling-ding 100 rupees!* "Owait, my wallet's full, gotta put it back" Oh, and you can't clawshot onto the chests.

And the compass and those stupid rupee chests in the temples. I've had a full wallet for almost the entire game, save for a few small portions, so those chests always end up cluttering the dungeon maps, and making me think that there's a good item or something I've missed in that room. No wait, it's just another rupee chest.

Not to get me wrong. I love the game... on the seventh temple right now, and hoping to beat it by Friday, since that's when I lose the Wii to my siblings.

Yeah, that was really annoying. I admit that it's nice that I don't have wallet overflow and I end up losing money I could later use, but given how much is available and how little you can spend it all on (magic armor aside), it's kinda pointless.

It would be nice if there was the 5,000-rupee wallet like in Wind Waker.

Definatly. They overloaded the chests in templs it's quite ridicoulous. I've probably missed out on a few heart pieces now cause the map was full of chests that I couldn't take any rupees.

Definatly. They overloaded the chests in templs it's quite ridicoulous. I've probably missed out on a few heart pieces now cause the map was full of chests that I couldn't take any rupees.

What's worse is how there is nothing to spend the rupees on.

Off-topic:

Anyone else find the quoting system a tad annoying. You know, how it only quotes the last message.

Sadly.. you're really not missing out on much. I I -think- each temple may have 1 heart piece in it, in a chest. The rest is money. And most of the chests that do give you heart pieces, you need to solve a small puzzle for.

I'd much rather have -no- chests with money in it, anywhere in the dungeons. They're all an annoyance and not worth picking up, at any point in the game. Since the start I found myself having more money than I knew what to do with, even after getting the magic armor.

Sure, this game is great and all.. but after beating it, I haven't picked it up since. OoT I played through about 8 times in a row, but this one just.. it's a great story, but the gameplay feels nerfed. Hunting for poes just isn't anywhere near as entertaining as hunting for skulltulas was.

And then there's the whole thing where there's almost NOWHERE that you might need to bomb, to unlock a secret room or anything. That's been a staple since the original Zelda, and now it just.. isn't there. Same kinda problem I have about the Metroid Prime series.. there's just nowhere worthwhile that's off the grid and hidden away. FAR too linear and a minimum of real exploration is needed, since anywhere interesting you are pretty much led right to as part of the story.

Am I the only one who misses the more open-ended exploration of past entries(of both series, at that)? Sure, there was usually a fixed place you had to go to, but there were always extra bits that you could go and try to explore out of curiosity, with whatever new gear you might have obtained.

I only remember there being, like... 3 purple rupees in OoT. TP definately had a rupee overload. Also, there WERE a lot of places to bomb stuff, but almost all of them were just rocks that gave rupees... Maybe one of the main reasons for the rupee overload was so Zelda's Wii launch wasn't too overbearing or difficult for newcomers? The Wii is probably attracting a bunch of new people after all.

On completely different note.

Are there any plans on adding new content to TP later? I know Probably not, but theres a handful of places that bug the hell out of me because they look like there should be something, such as the round "well" in the Kakariko Graveyard with metal plates on top (which is theoretically near where hookshot cave was in OoT), unattainable areas in Death Mountain that look like structured paths, and Fado's House. This could also be explained as removed beta stuff, which makes me just as sad.

Edit: On a short google search, apparently George Harrison (Senior VP of Nintendo) and Reggie mentioned something about downloadable content.

I only remember there being, like... 3 purple rupees in OoT. TP definately had a rupee overload. Also, there WERE a lot of places to bomb stuff, but almost all of them were just rocks that gave rupees... Maybe one of the main reasons for the rupee overload was so Zelda's Wii launch wasn't too overbearing or difficult for newcomers? The Wii is probably attracting a bunch of new people after all.

On completely different note.

Are there any plans on adding new content to TP later? I know Probably not, but theres a handful of places that bug the hell out of me because they look like there should be something, such as the round "well" in the Kakariko Graveyard with metal plates on top (which is theoretically near where hookshot cave was in OoT), unattainable areas in Death Mountain that look like structured paths, and Fado's House. This could also be explained as removed beta stuff, which makes me just as sad.

The well is where you come out in the Twilight infected Kakariko.

But, I find it almost.. disturbing, that the OoT temples are.. well, gone. Like after you were there in OoT, they just didn't need to be bothered with, so they were bombed out and filled in or something. Seriously, am I the only one who finds it almost freaky that the Zora graveyard would be where it is, compared to the same area in OoT?

The well is where you come out in the Twilight infected Kakariko.

But, I find it almost.. disturbing, that the OoT temples are.. well, gone. Like after you were there in OoT, they just didn't need to be bothered with, so they were bombed out and filled in or something. Seriously, am I the only one who finds it almost freaky that the Zora graveyard would be where it is, compared to the same area in OoT?

I think they're just forgotten with the passing of time in Hyrule and eventually destroyed by erosion or even monsters.

So how do you get the third Tunic?

That's the optional Magic armour. It's sold at the overpriced store in Hyrule Castle Town, but it's too expensive. You need to go to Kakariko and donate 3,000 rupees in total to the Malo Mart. The malo mart will then take the place of the overpriced store and sell the armour for just under 600 rupees.

That's the optional Magic armour. It's sold at the overpriced store in Hyrule Castle Town, but it's too expensive. You need to go to Kakariko and donate 3,000 rupees in total to the Malo Mart. The malo mart will then take the place of the overpriced store and sell the armour for just under 600 rupees.
There's some way to get it cheaper by giving money to some Goron or doing some quest or something. Not really sure, and not there yet.

@ everyone discussing temples:

Why the hell are all the temples there in first place? Seriously, what possesses people to say, "Hey let's build an intricate network of tunnels and puzzles, put some rupees and an item in it!"